Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning DrWho DrWho DrWho  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 87 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 133 reviews
on March 14, 2017
I am late reviewing this one, but I have not been disappointed in Norton protection.
on August 14, 2012
I thought it would be good to get some additional protection, because of the amount of exposure that I have to the internet, but after installing on my MacBook Pro you could immediately feel the drop in performance from my laptop.

Everything start to run slower. My mouse response was slower, and there was a definite but visible speed change in the time that it took for pages to load. I would not recommend the product unless you absolutely need it. Cannot get a refund as well so I spent $40 for nothing.

Denzil
33 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2012
This does not work, as is, with 10.8. If you bother to view the readme file, it tells you to go to the community (forum) to get help on getting the download installer. The forum is useless. This is a known issue - Norton should have a web page addressed to it, so you don't have to fumble around in the forum!!

Eventually, I got to "Nathan," an automated "chat" automaton, which directed me to download the latest file and use the product key with that version. It worked. Why not just put that info on a web page! What a pain, Norton!

Do not under any circumstances ever give a credit card number to Norton. I have heard that they will automatically renew your license and charge it to your card. I don't know if they still do that or not.

Two stars may be too harsh, but I just now did all this and I might be a little irritated! :)
55 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2012
I have been relying on Norton products for PCs since back when Peter Norton himself was shown on the front of each box. I find the products easy to use, easy to understand, and they have kept me safe from viruses since my first dial up connection circa 1995.

When I bought my first MacBook Pro about a month ago to experiment with Xcode and Objective-C (iPad and/or iPhone development will hopefully follow,) I wondered if I needed to install an antivirus package. But I find myself online with this machine much more than I expected, and I decided to purchase Norton Internet Security so that I wouldn't have to worry.

The installation was a breeze and within 30 minutes I had the product installed and fully updated. The UI is different than my PC based Norton products, but everything is easy to find and the software has been running without any issues. Better yet, my machine is running just as fast as it was before the installation.

My only knock on Norton products is that just after the installation you'll need to run LiveUpdate several times in a row to get all of the latest updates. The Mac installation did not tell me to do this (I am nearly positive the PC Norton 360 installation does) and I needed to run it 3 or 4 times to update every area of the product. But this is a minor quibble. I am very happy with the software.
on December 30, 2016
I bought this item with my new Macbook Pro 13". Installed easily and I used the virus scanner a couple of times, all was great. After a few months, my computer would crash randomly. After a few times of this, I started to track what was causing these shut downs. I noted what applications were open, what the battery percentage was at, what I was doing when the shut down occurred. I talk with an apple support who did not have an exact answer to the problem, so I took my computer into Apple. There ran diagnostics on it for a few days and still did not have a likely answer. The technician, however, did mention that Norton on a Mac usually causes problems and that the shut downs might be from this software. I uninstalled the software, had one crash since shortly after uninstalling and have NEVER had a problem since. Norton Internet Security for Mac DOES NOT work on macs. Do not buy or install. The technician recommended ClamXav for a security software, even though Mac work really well without any security program.
on January 23, 2014
I purchased this item to install on my MacPro running OS X Mavericks and to my surprise it would not install because it is not compatible with the operating system. I based my purchase on the "System Requirements OS: Mac OS X 10.7 and above."
Unfortunately, I did not notice the conflicting statement "Not Currently Compatible Mac OS X 10.9." Yes, I was careless not noticing that the second statement negated the first... however, I did not expect to be tricked by Amazon into purchasing an outdated version of the software. My experience with Amazon has been outstanding over the years and this one, although technically my fault, it leaves me with a negative feeling. I purchased the latest version directly from the vendor and it installs without any issues. The $26.42 that I payed for the outdated version sold on the Amazon site is a total waste. The least I expect from Amazon is to refund me the $26.42 and the right thing to do is modify the conflicting statements under System Requirements to make it clear that the item is an older version that does not work with the latest version of Mac OS X.
on April 5, 2014
Every computer needs to be protected or do not get on the internet. You could be hit with port scans, spam, spim, phishing etc. You could hit a link that may take you to a site that has malicious software. So use this software.

Now Amazon needs to fix their site. This version does not support Mac OS 10.9.x; you need to get the version in the White box version 5.6.
on September 3, 2012
I bought the software as coaxed directed by Amazon and it will not install on Mountain Lion. Been better if I would have took a lighter to the cash. Asked Apple and they told me to contact Norton for switch. Then Apple genius mentioned that Apples do not need antivirus. I feel ripped off

Want the CD?
55 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2013
BUY McAfee NOT NORTON - review all the information provided to see if I could install this product and found noting to indicate that I couldn't. When following the install process I got to the "Select a Destination" step I got a message saying "Norton Internet Security can't be installed on this disk. This software cannot be installed on volumes running Mac OS X 10.7." This was not indicated on the pre-purchase "review and purchase" step in the AMAZON checkout process IN FACT it states "Platform: MAC OS X 10.7 Lion". Then come to find out that you cannot return this product as detailed in the Amazon return policy. If a company lists a product that states it can be installed on your desired product and then after purchasing it is discovered that the statement to be untrue I feel that any policy written by the company can be brought into question.
on May 2, 2014
Amazon should have warned before buying. This product doesnt work with OSX 10.9.x (the latest OSX version for Macbook Pro Retina). However , a workaround exists. i.e download/install the free trial software from norton website. Then register it using the key you get from amazon.

Giving 3* for the inconvenience.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.