Industrial Deals Beauty Prime Book Box Shop women's shoes nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Showing 1-10 of 195 reviews(1 star). See all 1,179 reviews
on March 27, 2017
Keeps popping up modal advertising. The option to disable this in "settings" fails to disable all ads. I purchased this to keep viruses and crapware off of my computers, not to serve me ads. I'm going back to McAfee.

Norton Security is too "noisy." I just want my AV software to work quietly in the background without constant pop-ups announcing that is is using idle resources, finished using idle resources, or showing special offers. The functionality in the software to purportedly disable this does not work.
8 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on April 23, 2017
Beware. This key will expire even if not used. I bought this license to use it after my current license would expire. Now that I wish to use it I am told that it expired 14 days after purchase without any use of it. Support is unable to fix the expiration
10 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on September 14, 2017
I've used Norton for years and was happy with their products. Over the past couple of years I've had nothing but problems. The final straw was when they "lost" all of my backups and passwords. Then it turns out all the backups I stored on separate hard drives were corrupt. They won't admit fault and keep asking me if everything has been resolved to my satisfaction. Really? Are they that stupid? I've been trying to get a refund for months because there is no way I would install anything made by such an incompetent company.
I've been using the built in security that comes with Windows 10 and it's been working out pretty good.
4 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
on October 30, 2017
Don't waste your money.

My main complaint is with their Online Backup. I had backed up my PC to their online cloud for over a year. One day my hard drive failed. I went to the portal to retrieve my backups and they weren't there! They can't find them, and won't tell me what happened to them. Apparently they changed to a new platform and lost my backups. Now I have lost two years of data and work. Thanks a lot Norton.

Their support process is terrible as well. You have to chat with people in India, and they all follow the same script. I wasted countless hours with them, because they insist on remoting in to your PC and performing the same silly diagnostic steps each time you contact them. Mind numbing. They rarely call you back when they promise.

I would recommend using a cloud service that specializes in backups, and then find one of the many AV products that doesn't require heavy resources like Norton requires.

A very bad experience all around. I'll never buy anything from Norton again. Don't think they have your back -- they don't!
3 people found this helpful
on October 30, 2017
WARNING do not buy this, there is no where for you to download the product. I thought you can get this key, download the software , and then use this key to activate it, but no, you cannot download it, you have to do a lot more. You cannot even go to norton's website to download the product. since windows security started eating into their profits, instead of them making it super easy for potential customers to download their product, instead they made it harder... job well done, a lot of marketing genius went into this sales technique. use McAfee or other easier to use products. I expected on the display page for this product to be a huge banner saying: "warning, you are paying for nothing. you cannot download this from anywhere. Use another product"
3 people found this helpful
on August 1, 2018
I had gotten a two year subscription to the product previously, and technically, it worked OK, however when I started getting the nagging messages to renew, I checked the prices. If you renew through the Norton app, they want twice what it can be bought here on Amazon. And according to all the help instructions, all you have to do is log into your Norton account and insert the new product key into each of your devices. Let me say, that I struggled and struggled and ended up having to install it locally at each machine. This method took over an hour on each machine. Even then, the Norton account manager says it can not "see" any of the machines. Locally, on each machine, it says it is operating fine. Just so you know, while no expert, I am reasonably tech-savy, so this was extremely frustrating. On top of all the installation problems, I notice now that each machine is now running considerably slower than before.

So, I will be looking for a better alternative before next renewal. I might even dump Norton before the end of the subscription if the machine's performance does not improve.
|0Comment|Report abuse
on January 17, 2018
I don't really care for this product. I was hoping for a much better product considering Norton had been around for a VERY long time. Norton does a good job of killing viruses and keeping your computer clean like it should (Hence the single star) but there are too many other interference's that I don't care for such as pop up's from within the software itself. This is quite annoying as I like virus software to run hidden in the background out of sight. I had Kaspersky before but heard about the US govt. stopping use of it due to potential spying. Wish I would have stayed with Kaspersky as it ran stealth in the background like it was supposed to do. Also Kaspersky had a very good ad blocker which Norton does not have. I won't buy Norton again when it's license expires due to these downfalls that it has. I expected much better from a brand name like Norton. :(
on June 26, 2016
Intention was to use Norton on my Mac Book Pro 2012 i7 Chip, 16 GMemory, 1 Tb SSD HD, running El Capitan (v10.11.15) and other Mac Book Pros I own.
Norton keeps dying and is very unstable. WIll have to uninstall and go back to free offer.
Also difficult install process to download product so the product key can be added.

Norton Security Premium - 10 Devices [Download Code]
4 people found this helpful
on May 23, 2018
Very resource intensive. Slows down your computer and makes everything take forever to load. It also likes to do pop up ads for it's other products. which is very annoying and intrusive. Nothing like watching a video or playing a game and seeing an ad for other products stop what you are doing or kill you in a game. Support is also horrible.
on July 4, 2018
Most disappointing with this version of Norton. Constantly attempting to up-sell other Norton Products and the program runs 'backround checks' while you are trying to work on the computer. A Norton screen pops up literally almost every time I am on the ocmputer, where Norton usually does a great job 'running in the background"..NOT THIS YEAR. VERY annoying.