Norton Utilities (For 3 PCs) [Download Code]
|You Save:||$21.43 (43%)|
- Duplicate File Finder: Finds all of the duplicate files scattered across your computer's hard drive, so you can remove them and free up disk space for more of your Stuff.
- System Dashboard: Shows you step-by-step how to get your computer to run like new again.
- Application Uninstaller: Removes the programs you don't use or take up too many resources.
- 1. Speed Disk(TM): Brings together (defragments) and reorganizes (optimizes) files and data that have become scattered across your hard drive.
- 1. Disk Doctor: Scans your hard drive and alerts you to problems that can cause computer errors and crash your hard drive.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Norton Utilities 16.0
Norton Utilities fixes common problems, frees up memory, speeds startup time, and boosts program and overall system speed to help keep your PC running fast and error-free.
- Speeds PC startup
- Fixes common PC problems
- Improves overall PC performance
- Frees up memory and disk space
- Lets you restore mistakenly deleted files
- Improves Windows stability
- Helps your PC run like new
- Securely deletes sensitive files
- Removes duplicate files
- Recovers lost photos, music, and other Stuff
- Removes programs you don’t use
- Fixes common PC problems and helps keep your computer running fast and trouble-free.
- Finds and fixes Microsoft Windows issues to prevent PC freezes, crashes, and slow downs.
- Scans for potential problems that can cause your hard drive to crash.
- Helps you “rescue” accidentally deleted or damaged files that may still be hidden on your hard drive.
- Boosts your PC’s performance and helps it run like new again.
- Lets you turn off services and programs Windows automatically loads at startup, so your PC gets up and running faster.
- Safely defragments, repairs, and optimizes your Windows registry to help programs load faster and boost overall PC performance.
- Frees up PC memory, so you can run more programs simultaneously, without slow downs or crashes.
- Cleans up your hard drive to help it run faster and give you more room for your stuff.
- Reorganizes (optimizes) files that are scattered across your hard drive, so your PC can find them faster.
- Finds all the duplicate files, so you can remove them.
- Removes the programs you don’t use.
- Keeps your online activity private and helps prevent your personal information from being stolen.
- Permanently erases all record of your Web activities, so others can’t see what you do online.
- Lets you completely and permanently erase old, unwanted, and unneeded personal stuff, so no one can access or retrieve it.
- NEW! Duplicate File Finder: Finds all of the duplicate files scattered across your computer’s hard drive, so you can remove them and free up disk space for more of your stuff.
- NEW! System Dashboard: Shows you step-by-step how to get your computer to run like new again.
- NEW! Application Uninstaller: Removes the programs you don’t use or take up too many resources.
- Speed Disk: Brings together (defragments) and reorganizes (optimizes) files and data that have become scattered across your hard drive.
- Disk Doctor: Scans your hard drive and alerts you to problems that can cause computer errors and crash your hard drive.
- Disk Cleaner: Permanently erases all record of your computer and Web activities to protect your privacy.
- Registry Cleaner: Helps eliminate Windows Registry problems that can slow down your PC, trigger error messages, and cause Windows to crash.
- Registry Defragmenter: Removes gaps, free space, and corrupt files in your registry and compacts it to free up system memory and make your PC start up faster.
- Registry Restore: Makes a backup of the registry before making any repairs so you can easily undo them if necessary.
- Startup Manager: Lets you choose what programs load automatically when Windows starts to free up memory and improve PC startup time.
Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32-bit only)
- CPU: Pentium or equivalent 233 MHz (minimum) | Pentium or equivalent 300 MHz (recommended)
- Memory: 64 MB (minimum) | 128 MB (recommended)
Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
- CPU: 1 GHz
- Memory: 1 GB
Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows 8
- CPU: 1 GHz
- Memory: 1 GB for 32-bit | 2 GB for 64-bit
Additional Hardware Requirements
- 100 MB of available hard disk space
- SVGA (1024 x 768) video
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic software download)
- Internet connection (to activate product and receive product updates)1
Platform: PC Download
Top Customer Reviews
The main use of this software is to clean up the computer's registry which can become out of touch after multiple software updates and uninstalls. This can lead to slowed operation or even lock-ups of the computer.
Installation note: Before installing any Norton product such as Norton Utilities or Internet Security, always uninstall the previous version first. For some reason, Norton does not gracefully update update if you try to update by nstalling without uninstalling first. I learned this a long time ago. Also, it seems best to install Norton Utilities first before Norton Internet Securiity if you plan to install both.
Not too obtrusive during normal operation.
It cleans up registry errors so that the computer is more reliable.
Includes a utility that can be used to irretrievably erase files if you want that.
The not so good:
It's clean-up scan not only cleans up cookies and Internet data you don't want but can also erase the passwords stored in Internet explorer of the sites you logged into and wanted saved.
I was interested in trying this latest version of Norton out after using competing products for the last several years. It didn't win me back over. I find the iolo System Mechanic interface easier to navigate, and their software doesn't cause any problems. Norton's package, on the other hand, sometimes seems to go too far when it cleans things up, causing problems. For example, I set Norton's latest loose on a three-year old build recently. (I build my own PCs.) It's an AMD Phenom II 965BE-based machine running Windows 7 Professional. I allowed Norton Utilities to make some of its suggested changes. Then various programs stopped working. Norton deleted several .dll files that it contended were extraneous. However, programs needed them. Adobe Reader stopped working, among others. I had to repair several program installations after allowing Norton to savage my system. I never had a similar problem with System Mechanic or Registry Mechanic.
Worse, I have a SSD (solid state drive) in that build. Norton Utilities wants to defragment it! You don't defragment SSDs. iolo lab's software recognizes SSDs, treats them appropriately, and can even perform proper optimization on them. Norton, on the other hand, wants to treat SSDs like mechanical hard disks. Bad news. Norton badly needs to improve their software to address newer technologies.Read more ›
With my older version 15.0, I had no problems at all. It was easy to use. I chose to run it every day at start-up and it
would notify me when I needed to run Norton Speed Disk which allows me to optimize disk and boot performance with one
click or choose to do them individually. This is an excellent product.
With the newer version 16.0, I had to do everything separately. If I chose to run it daily then it would want do everything individually which had my computer locked up so I couldn't use it as it would not allow me to pause it. I tried to schedule
it once a week and it took at least five hours or more to run everything that was needed to get my computer up to speed.
I do not recommend Norton Utilities version 16.0 to anyone.
I contacted Norton by phone and had them help me uninstall Norton Utilities 16.0 and re-install my older version 15.0. They
also put a copy of the software on my desktop in case I ever need it. This I will back up to protect it for future use as I am
not sure my download link in my account is to valid anymore.
Version 15.0 is ESSENTIAL to my computer's well being. I wouldn't be without it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Here's the problem. Install it on two computers. Fine. Your first laptop dies and you get a new one and install this on that one. Fine. Read morePublished 7 days ago by dLyonBW
This new version that covers all the Window's offering up to Windows 10, is a great product but can be too aggressive and you need to start off with giving it total control. Read morePublished 10 days ago by D. G. Porter
This product does not say it handles Win 10 but it does. I got it for $20 used on Amazon and for three PCs, it can't be beat!Published 21 days ago by David Mosby
Works well on Window 7, but unreliable on Windows 10 and can crash machine. I have this installed on my two Windows 7 machines and it works well. Read morePublished 22 days ago by Bruno Schindler
I used Norton 360 for years and when I had to switch to Norton security, I did not really pay attention and was not aware that all of the registry cleaning etc. Read morePublished 23 days ago by Janet C
Here are the "good" and "bad" on this product.
1. In the past, Norton Utilities was essential. Read more