Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Size: No Additional Hygiene Filters|Change

Showing 1-10 of 7,104 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8,182 reviews
TOP 50 REVIEWERon July 28, 2016
Hands down this is one of the best inventions for babies ever. A friend had one on her baby registry years ago and I thought it sounded disgusting. I bought it (a Nosefrida) and she showed me how it worked. In no way does the snot get anywhere near your mouth, ever. It works so much better than those awful bulb things you can buy from the stores or what the hospital sends you home with. It is extremely gentle on the baby's nose, in fact there is no way it even enters the baby's nose,
It just rests at the entrance of the nostril. It actually works because you control the amount of vacuum pressure. Every baby needs to breathe through his/her nose to feed without difficulty and this definitely helps. It is super easy to clean and comes with disposable filters (probably any brand's replacement filter would work).
Please check "Yes" if you have found this review helpful. I rely upon others' reviews to make an informed decision anytime I make a purchase, so it is my intention to help others do the same. I welcome any questions or feedback.
0Comment| 386 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2010
my wife has tiny nostrils. i can't fit any of my fingers in her nose...it's amazing she can breathe through her nose at all. consequently, our son is also lacking in the nostril-diameter department. he gets boogies...he can't breathe very well...he gets upset. it's been like that since he was born, whenever that was...recently. i forget, but i digress. we came home from the hospital with a pretty decent nose-sucking bulb...it did a reasonably OK job of sucking out boogers...and was reasonably firm and springy. but then our dog ate it. so, i tried to find a replacement. not all bulbs are created equal, i soon found out. some were too hard to squeeze and didn't spring back quickly enough. others were too soft to suck anything out and just sat there, mocking me. i tried at least four different replacement bulbs, none of which were as good as the one from the hospital. we even tried a fancy battery powered nose vacuum that made a whirring sound but produced nary a single lump of green gold. while ordering the various, useless bulbs i also ordered this thing - the nosefrida - on a whim thinking i was probably wasting $13.

BOY WAS I WRONG.

this thing works. it sucks boogers out of noses. it even stores them in a little tube to eat later. or, you can just wash them out in the sink. anyway...it works better than any of the other things we tried...and we tried pretty much everything. there's a technique to it:

- suck in quick short bursts with your mouth muscles first...to loosen things up
- then, suck in long hoover-style bursts to get those boogies out
- if the boogies get stuck near the surface, try pulling the end of the thing out a little mid-suck a few times
- use a tissue or q-tip to get any nose goblins that are loitering anywhere accessible
- repeat

if i was a professional booger sucker...and it was my job to suck the snot out of noses 8 hours a day, i would insist on using this thing. but i would want a longer tube, and a holster.
5150+ comments| 5,154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2015
I never expected to have to buy a product that would allow me to quite literally suck the snot from my child's nose. My newborn was tiny and the regular hospital nose bulb was about double the size of his nostril, so when he came down with his first cold I frantically began searching for another option online. I stumbled across the NoseFrida, and while initially grossed out by the thought, I decided to give it a chance. This product is a MIRACLE worker. The snot never comes near your mouth thanks to a handy little filter in the tube, but it gives you a lot more controllable suction to help clear out the nose.

Seriously, if you're grossed out, think it's weird, or you're just holding back because you think the traditional bulb works fine, TRY THIS. It's so worth every single penny.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on July 6, 2017
In all honesty I had my doubts about this product. I used bulb syringes with my twins and the new baby was here and initially I was gifted one of these nasal aspirators. My daughter threw it away at some point, and after having used it on my new baby, I just had to purchase another one. This is the little gem new baby items! It was amazing! Try it to believe it. I will now give these as gifts to the new baby mommy's in the future!
on November 30, 2016
I bought this for my 4mk th old because she's been getting stuffy. The bulb suction works ok but I needed to do it a few times to get the boogy out. Then I saw this device and the amazing reviews and thought this was the answer to my prayers. Nope. First, it rediculously overpriced. Seriously $18 for a cheap 5inch plastic tube??? Second, my daughter HATES it. She is scared to tears of this plastic tube with a red thing at one end and a blue plastic at the other. Screams before I even get it close to her face.
on March 25, 2016
This is a very useful item and hygienic for kids. It comes apart easily for cleaning and I've boiled the syringe side multiple times for sterilization without any issues. I've used my set multiple times for my son who is now 2 years old and I plan to use the same one for my 2nd child.

I've started purchasing this as gifts for my friends who are having children and highly recommend this device and purchasing extra filters.

When my son was under 18 months old, I had to trick him or play a game for me to use it on him to clear his nose. Now at the age of 2, when he's really stuffed and can't blow his nose, he'll make a request for me to use it!

Though filters are not necessary, we had to buy extras as we kept losing them because my child plays with the device.
on February 8, 2016
If you have a baby and don't have one of these, you NEED to get one asap! I now have two, ok well I have 1 and a half because I have no idea where I put a piece of it the other day. I didn't even make it a week before I went back to order an extra one. I received my first one at my baby shower as I had it on my registry due to my friends raving about them. And seriously it has been a life saver. I did stop using it for about a week for another electric one but that one started to scare my son so I had to come back to the nose frida. He still hates it but I feel better with this one as I am controlling it and know exactly how hard I am sucking so as to not hurt him. I also like the size of it, it is less likely to hurt him. I personally took the red part off because it always slips off especially when fighting with my son, so I just threw that part away.

This is very easy to clean, you have a filter on it you can change as often as you like. But yes it is great, far better and far cleaner than the one our parents used with us that was a cesspool of bacteria and nastiness. This you can see and clean out everything so easily. Again can't recommend enough!
on February 2, 2017
I absolutely hate this product. It gets nothing out of my baby's nostrils. I always end up having to use a regular bulb nasal aspirator to finish the job. Wish I hadn't spent the money on another useless device. Even with saline drops it performed badly. Disappointed.
on March 3, 2016
This thing works great! And it's not as gross as you'd think lol. It says to replace to filters each use, but we only replace them if they actually get mucus on them of if we are sick, so this makes the replacement filters last a while. I also tried washing some filters with dish soap and hot water and it seems like they will work again.
on May 2, 2016
I bought this after reading good number of positive reviews, but I am disappointed. After using it few times, we went back to old style suction bulb that always works. This nosefrida doesn't have good suction, and also it is not air tight when you click it, not sure if this is defective or that's how it is? And about filters, completely overpriced. I do not think this is worth the money.