Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

NoseFrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator
Size: No Additional Hygiene Filters|Change

TOP 50 REVIEWERon July 28, 2016
Hands down this is one of the best inventions for babies ever. A friend had one on her baby registry years ago and I thought it sounded disgusting. I bought it (a Nosefrida) and she showed me how it worked. In no way does the snot get anywhere near your mouth, ever. It works so much better than those awful bulb things you can buy from the stores or what the hospital sends you home with. It is extremely gentle on the baby's nose, in fact there is no way it even enters the baby's nose,
It just rests at the entrance of the nostril. It actually works because you control the amount of vacuum pressure. Every baby needs to breathe through his/her nose to feed without difficulty and this definitely helps. It is super easy to clean and comes with disposable filters (probably any brand's replacement filter would work).
[...]
0Comment| 466 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 29, 2014
I know what you're thinking. I know EXACTLY what you're thinking. I thought the same thing when my husband told me about this "awesome thing he saw somewhere" that allows you to suck the snot out of your baby's nose with your mouth. Ummm, excuse me? No. Well, it finally happened: my husband was right, and I was wrong.

1 or 2 little "baby colds" later, half a dozen restless if not completely sleepless nights later, I sent him out to purchase this miracle tube. And miracle it is, my friends.

First of all, it's not as disgusting as I first thought. It's not like siphoning gas - the snot isn't going to fly up into your mouth. Check out the picture. The snot is collected into a tube at the baby's nose, and then you blow it back out into a nearby tissue or wipe. And unlike the infamous "bulb syringe", this works.

Picture this: You're up in the middle of the night because baby is snoring and grunting. He can't breathe. Again. You lay him down on the changing table and grab the bulb syringe and depress it, and stick it into his nose. It slooooowly regains its shape and sucks out a bit of snot. You depress it again. By this time your baby is screaming like he's being squashed by an elephant. The problem with the bulb thingy is that it doesn't always "suck" fast enough, leaving you with a screaming baby. Enter nosefrida: You grab it and place the end of the tube into the baby's nose. You suck quickly. BAM! You can see what's coming out. You see your progress. Within 5 seconds, your baby's airway is clear and you pick him up to comfort him.

It's easy to clean. It's transportable. It's ready whenever you need it. It's fast-acting. This thing ROCKS.

Oh, and don't act like you're grossed out by this review.. If you already have a baby, no doubt you have seen and read things much, much grosser. And if you don't have one yet, well, let's just say that your conversation topics and amazon searches will become totally shameless, and snot is the least disgusting thing you will experience and talk about.

To address other reviewers' germ concerns: I'm just cracking up at the number of 1-star reviews saying, "I GOT THE EXACT SAME COLD AS MY BABY OMG!!" Don't let being afraid of breathing your baby's exhalations that you don't order this. You're going to be all around his sicky germs regardless of what aspirator you use.
55 comments| 1,543 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 2, 2010
my wife has tiny nostrils. i can't fit any of my fingers in her nose...it's amazing she can breathe through her nose at all. consequently, our son is also lacking in the nostril-diameter department. he gets boogies...he can't breathe very well...he gets upset. it's been like that since he was born, whenever that was...recently. i forget, but i digress. we came home from the hospital with a pretty decent nose-sucking bulb...it did a reasonably OK job of sucking out boogers...and was reasonably firm and springy. but then our dog ate it. so, i tried to find a replacement. not all bulbs are created equal, i soon found out. some were too hard to squeeze and didn't spring back quickly enough. others were too soft to suck anything out and just sat there, mocking me. i tried at least four different replacement bulbs, none of which were as good as the one from the hospital. we even tried a fancy battery powered nose vacuum that made a whirring sound but produced nary a single lump of green gold. while ordering the various, useless bulbs i also ordered this thing - the nosefrida - on a whim thinking i was probably wasting $13.

BOY WAS I WRONG.

this thing works. it sucks boogers out of noses. it even stores them in a little tube to eat later. or, you can just wash them out in the sink. anyway...it works better than any of the other things we tried...and we tried pretty much everything. there's a technique to it:

- suck in quick short bursts with your mouth muscles first...to loosen things up
- then, suck in long hoover-style bursts to get those boogies out
- if the boogies get stuck near the surface, try pulling the end of the thing out a little mid-suck a few times
- use a tissue or q-tip to get any nose goblins that are loitering anywhere accessible
- repeat

if i was a professional booger sucker...and it was my job to suck the snot out of noses 8 hours a day, i would insist on using this thing. but i would want a longer tube, and a holster.
5150+ comments| 5,286 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on July 1, 2017
This snot sucker is something every new parent should own. When your child has a clogged nose, this thing does its job and it's so easy to use. You simply stick one end into your child's nose and suck out the other end with your mouth. You control the strength of the suction and it always works every time. I always have two at home for those random colds that children always seem to have.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 4, 2017
Worked much better than the old nasal suction bulb. My 5 month old hates it less than the bulb too, which is a plus, because she only griped about this rather than screamed bloody murder. That's always a great thing. As if having a stuffy nose want bad enough, now mom has to be rooting around up her nose trying to make it better. Darn thing even work pretty well, which is all I care about, frankly. But, it's gross, so be warned of you get freaked out by mucus. Although if mucus freaks you out now, I'm sorry to tell you, but you're in for a heck of a rude awakening with a baby.
on September 24, 2016
This product works great at removing baby boogies. I recommend using saline spray first to moisten up the mucous to make it easier to suck out. Like most people I was pretty grossed out with the concept at first, but it works so well!

I've used it many times now and have found that I haven't yet needed to replace the filter. The boogies you suck up get stuck in the tube, so after every use I just rinse it out and let it dry. I highly recommend this product if you have a baby!
on May 3, 2017
Love the Nosefrida! It's super simple to use and easy to clean. My baby doesn't love this any more than the typical aspirator but it definitely expedites the de-snotting process when he's congested. I've bought several as baby shower gifts and while some parents are skeptical at first and typically a little grossed out, they always end up loving this product!
on January 6, 2016
I recommend this to all new mommies out there. Better then the boogie ball. When your little one gets sick this is what you'll need to clean those boogies out so they can breath and help eliminate the amount of mucus that goes down into their little tummy.
Also if you head to the doctors they will tell you to use an aspirator to help your little one feel better when they're sick.

Make sure to keep these filters on hand you will want to change this after you use it a couple of times.
Nosefrida Hygiene Filters

Thank you and good luck Mommy's and Daddy's
on April 30, 2017
I was unsure at first... I just kept thinking I was going to suck babies boogers into my mouth which sounded gross... it takes a little effort and isn't instant but it does work and clears up the nose and you don't eat them haha. I actually did it enough to just use a tissue to pull the boogers all the way out so they didn't go into the tube at all but even if the dis they don't go past the filter.
on January 10, 2016
UPDATE:
still works great on 6 month old and 4 year old (I wash it between uses). BUT as other have mentioned I have found myself with a soar throat & catching my boys colds a lot sonic I've had it. It makes a ton of sense for this not to be sanitary. Their sick germs are going from their nose to our mouths. & although I've never sucked up a booger (yuck!) , I still have always had this paranoid thing where I feel like I feel a slimy film & booger taste in my mouth after using ut (I know, super gross, but is it real or is it paranoia? !) For now im still using it but I need to find a better option because im tired of being sick (I usually NEVER get sick , & year me and my boys are sick now)

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
Surprisingly I love it. I considered this since I heard about how nasty my beloved bulb booger sucker from the hospital gets. I couldn't bring myself to use it anymore on my 4 year old and 3 month old. I was pretty grossed out at the thought of using this, but tried it for them. It wasn't so bad! Obviously the filter kept boogies from entering my mouth. It was pretty cool/gross seeing all the stuff that came out into the tube. It was definitely nice being able to clean it out right after (knowing it wouldn't be forever stuck inside). And whats even better is neither of my boys cried while I used it!! So it must have been more comfortable for them. Except my 4 year old said "you sucked our my air". I guess that's part of them nor knowing how to blow their nose yet.