Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nostalgia BCN6BK Bacon Express Crispy Bacon Grill" and save 40% off the $39.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Nostalgia BCN6BK Bacon Express Crispy Bacon Grill
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Cook up to 6-strips of bacon in minutes
- Recommended for use with regular-cut store-bought bacon
- Vertical cooking drains away grease
- Removable non-stick cooking plate and insulated door liners allow for easy cleanup
- Slide-out drip tray catches bacon grease
- Illuminated cooking dial with timer
- Cool touch handles
- Chrome accents
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
A Healthier Way to Bacon
Illuminated Cooking Dial
Push-button illuminated cooking dial allows you to select your desired crispiness and cooking time to make the perfect bacon.
Removable Non-Stick Cooking Plate
Bacon cooks vertically to drain away fat for healthier cooking. The non-stick cooking plate slides out for easy cleaning.
Insulated Door Liners
Removable insulated door liners allow for easy cleanup.
Slide-Out Drip Tray
Vertical cooking drains away grease into the slide-out drip tray, then removes for easy disposal.
Stop worrying about the mess and introduce yourself to a healthier way to cook bacon to delicious perfection! Easily cook up to 6-strips of regular or thick cut bacon in just minutes – no need to flip! Simply adjust the illuminated dial timer to your desired cooking preference, and allow the unique vertical cooking method to drain away fat and grease for fast, healthy cooking. Cool touch handles make it easy to open the doors and view the cooking process. When done cooking, the non-stick cooking plate and insulated door liners remove for easy cleanup.
Top customer reviews
This one gets around those constraints, since you can make those longer pieces, and you can do 5 or 6 at a time, depending on the width of the bacon. And you can adjust it for thicker bacon as well.
I like that the insert they lay over pulls out for cleaning, and their claim is that bacon won't be as shriveled as when I do them in a pan. Cleanup isn't any worse than for any other cooking solution I've tried.
But it seems to be mostly a case of marketing hype in this instance.
Takes forEVER to heat up. "Turn it on, the power button will illuminate, and it will beep 10 times when it's done, and the light goes off. Then you select your bacon thickness, and push the power button again, and it illuminates again.
So first, that "illumination" is almost useless - a tiny little dim light that's set kind of far back from the looks of things. Even with the light off in my kitchen and just ambient light from the surrounding rooms and the window in the kitchen, I can barely see it even when I crouch down to look.
I never did hear any beeps signaling when it was ready, but I saw the light finally went off, so I put the bacon on, and selected the thickness (this was thin bacon, so I used the thinner setting) and hit the button.
Again, no beeping, but I kept an eye on it. One end gets WAY overdone and the other end gets almost raw... THIS was my result, as you can see in the photos.
Totally useless for me, I'll stick with the microwave or just frying it in a pan again. I had such hopes for this, since it would've been the best option out there if it came through, but it did not, not even close.
Other inadequate reviews aside, this unit is functional and adequate. It works as advertised but it does have a couple quirks. It's not perfect but I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who hates cooking bacon like I do either because grease gets everywhere, they burn themselves, the bacon cooks unevenly, they don't want to wait 30 minutes for it to cook in the oven, or all of the above.
* Cleanup is easier than I thought it would be. Grease didn't fly everywhere in the kitchen.
* The unit disassembles easily. The unit folds apart in seconds and you can figure out how it works in a matter of minutes.
* A lot of grease is naturally strained from the bacon due to hanging vertically. This is healthier overall.
* A lot of grease is naturally strained from the bacon due to hanging vertically. This affects the taste of the bacon slightly.
* It's really a lot more suited to cooking 4 pieces of bacon than 6.
* The control dial is a little flimsy.
What is not immediately obvious:
* There is a heating element very similar to a toaster in the middle. This is how it operates.
* It cooks both sides of the bacon but naturally the bacon comes out the best when you do two smaller cooking sessions and flip the bacon in-between each session to cook them totally evenly.
* This unit is not a set-it-and-forget-it type unit like the top reviewer seems to think it is but rather much more like a toaster where supervision is recommended
* The bacon comes out a bit drier than you'd expect if you normally pan cook it in its own fat like I used to do.
All in all I cooked 8 pieces of bacon 4 at a time quite easily. I only cook begrudgingly from time to time so my significant other doesn't think I'm completely useless as a human being. Most of the time she is the one doing the cooking but even a software engineer such as myself can manage bacon and eggs. And with this bacon cooker it's even easier.
I would recommend starting off by putting your bacon in the cooker absolutely first. The unit takes a while to heat up but only a couple minutes. You'll have bacon smell permeating your domicile in under 5 minutes. After that the bacon will cook over the next 10 to 15 minutes. And the rest is making sure the bacon isn't burned to shit. All that requires is not being an idiot and opening the vertical oven-like doors every couple of minutes to make sure they're cooking correctly. So after throwing in the bacon you can pull out your eggs, scramble the, grate some cheese, and then flip the bacon. After flipping the bacon you can throw your eggs in and cook them and voila breakfast in 15 minutes. Easy.