Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.47 shipping
Nostalgia HDT600RETRORED Pop-Up 2 Hot Dog and Bun Toaster With Mini Tongs Works with Chicken, Turkey, Veggie Links, Sausages and Brats, Pack of 1, Retro Red
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|Color||Metallic Retro Red|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||9 x 5 x 8.3 inches|
|Item Weight||1 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Great tasting hot dogs: toasts up to 2 delicious, regular-size or extra-plump hot dogs and two buns at the same time. Cord length : 34 Inches
- ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS: Adjustable toasting timer and stop toasting button allows you to toast your hot dogs to your preferred doneness
- HOT DOG CAGE & TONGS: Keep hands safe when removing hot dogs by using the included hot dog cage and mini tongs
- DRIP TRAY: Slide out the drip tray when done toasting for easy cleaning
- CORD WRAP: Wrap the appliance cord underneath the base of the unit for tidy storage
- WORKS WITH OTHER DOGS: Also works with pre-cooked chicken dogs, turkey dogs, veggie dogs, sausages and brats!
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Hot Dog Toaster
Mmm, Hot Dogs
Toast 2 regular-size or extra-plump hot dogs, and 2 buns at a time for a quick and delicious meal solution. Pair with your favorite beverage to complete your feast!
Relish The Moment
Great for entertaining and as a fast meal solution, dress up your dog with all of your favorite toppings, like mustard, ketchup, relish and more! Try pre-cooked chicken dogs, turkey dogs, and even veggie dogs!
Hot Dog Cage & Mini Tongs
A removable hot dog cage (fits extra-plump hot dogs, too!) is included to easily hold your hot dogs in the toaster. The tongs keep hands safe when removing your dogs after they're done toasting.
The Nostalgia HDT600RETRORED Retro Series Pop-Up Hot Dog Toaster is great for entertaining and as a fast meal solution for the whole family. The large hot dog cage fits two regular-size or extra-plump hot dogs. Adjust the heat setting to cook hot dogs to your preference. Easily remove the hot dog cage and use the included mini tongs for removing the hot dogs.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I got this for my dad in December, and since then, he's only used it a handful of times.
On watching it, I felt an urgent need to own a hot dog toaster, a need of which I had been previously unaware.
The toaster is a candy apple red color that goes well in my kitchen. This is a good thing, because the toaster will be a permanent resident on my countertop.
I tweaked the directions for toasting my hot dogs much as reviewer "James" suggested.
I use generic buns from our local market and Ball Park Angus franks.
If you flatten the buns a bit first, they will brown a little more, instead of just on the very edges.
Put the dogs and buns in the toaster on the "5" setting, and press the lever. (You have to push the buns down manually.)
When the dogs pop up, I flip them over, then turn the buns to face outward. Then I put the toaster on the "1" or "2" setting. and press the lever again.
Keep an eye on the toaster, and when the dogs look about right to your taste, press the stop button. Voila.
We like our hot dogs "blackened" in spots, hot and juicy.
This technique delivers on that, whereas just popping them in, even on the highest setting, will only get them warm.
Toasting them a bit longer also makes the dogs taste like you roasted them over a campfire.
There will be time spent cleaning.
If you pull out the crumb tray and clean it each time, it will add up to a lot less work in the long run.
Tidy up the top of the toaster each time as well, and your gadget will keep its "come hither" good looks longer.
1) Smokes during first few uses-I turned the knob to 5 and let it perform a burn-in cycle with nothing in it. Instructions say to not operate without at least 1 hotdog and bun. But in my opinion if it can't survive 1 cycle it would need to be returned as POS. Burn-in worked fine and it did smoke like a bingo player at first, then it stopped. Subsequent uses were smoke free with no odor/taste effect on the food.
2) Bun burning along edges-Yes it burned the buns along the edge and was heavier from the top of the toaster down. But after a bit of carbon buildup on the inside it no longer burns the bun and I do cook on number 5. The buns need to be regular sized. I also noticed that most buns, I tried 3 brands, are baked/sliced in such a way that one end is more tapered and I place them into the toaster tapered end up.
3) Hotdog expands in holder and is hard to get out-Yes it does on fat hotdogs. Also over cooking causes the hotdogs to split as I discovered when working out the best cook setting. Skinny ones like Oscar Mayer or Nathans or Hebrew National have no problem. I tried 6 different brands all beef brands including Ball Park and Bar S and some generic brand. The BallPark were the worst case of the bubch but I got them out without too much carnage. Overall they all cooked great at setting of 5. I prefer my hotdogs either hot or cold but not in between.
4) Cheaply made with plastic-It was only $20. However the plastic housing makes it cool to the touch. Key points are it works very well and is easy to clean up.
In conclusion, I think my organs are failing from all the hotdogs I've eaten the last couple of weeks. Everyone who sees the toaster has a big inner child smile moment and has to try it. It works as advertised. It's inexpensive and its color matches my coffee maker.
Top reviews from other countries
Lo interesante es que en lo que se hacen las salchichas y el pan, tu puedes picar el jitomate y la cebolla! jajaja
Es muy fácil de usar u las salchichas quedaron bien cocidas y en muy poco tiempo. Súper recomendado