Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nostalgia HDT600RETRORED Retro Series Pop-Up Hot D..." and save 79% off the $36.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Nostalgia HDT600RETRORED Retro Series Pop-Up Hot Dog Toaster
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Cooks two regular-size or extra-plump hot dogs at a time
- Toasts two buns at a time
- Adjustable cooking timer and stop cooking button
- Removable hot dog cage
- Includes mini tongs for removing hot dogs
- Drip tray for easy cleaning
|Customers keep this item: This has a 50% better return rate than similar items|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Mmm, Hot Dogs
Toast 2 regular-size or extra-plump hot dogs, and 2 buns at a time for a quick and delicious meal solution.
To toast, adjust the toasting dial to your preferred doneness, then press down the control lever to start. Press the STOP button at any time during the cycle.
Hot Dog Cage & Mini Tongs
A removable hot dog cage (fits extra-plump hot dogs, too) is included to easily hold your hot dogs in the toaster. The tongs keep hands safe when removing your dogs after they're done toasting.
Compare with similar items
Nostalgia HDT600COKE Coca-Cola Pop-Up Hot Dog Toaster
Nostalgia TCS2 Grilled Cheese Sandwich Toaster
Pop Up Hot Dog Toaster
Toaster Bags Set of 3 Non-stick Teflon Reusable - Perfect for Grilled Cheese Sandwiches - Best Grill Cheese Bags - Toasted Sandwich Bags - Microwave Oven Toaster Bags - FDA-Approved Panini Toast Bags
Smart Planet GCN-1ST Grilled Cheese Toaster with Grill Cage, Multicolor
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Customer Power||AZ GRILL & KITCHEN||Order Box Products (USA Merchant)|
|Item Dimensions||9 x 5 x 8.3 in||10.25 x 5.25 x 7.75 in||10.83 x 6.58 x 7.68 in||2.28 x 3.2 x 4.23 in||7.5 x 0.13 x 6.7 in||10.83 x 9.37 x 7.48 in|
|Material Type||Multi||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||—||PTFE Teflon (100% non-stick fabric)||Plastic|
The Nostalgia HDT600RETRORED Retro Series Pop-Up Hot Dog Toaster is great for entertaining and as a fast meal solution for the whole family. The large hot dog cage fits two regular-size or extra-plump hot dogs. Adjust the heat setting to cook hot dogs to your preference. Easily remove the hot dog cage and use the included mini tongs for removing the hot dogs.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Smokes during first few uses-I turned the knob to 5 and let it perform a burn-in cycle with nothing in it. Instructions say to not operate without at least 1 hotdog and bun. But in my opinion if it can't survive 1 cycle it would need to be returned as POS. Burn-in worked fine and it did smoke like a bingo player at first, then it stopped. Subsequent uses were smoke free with no odor/taste effect on the food.
2) Bun burning along edges-Yes it burned the buns along the edge and was heavier from the top of the toaster down. But after a bit of carbon buildup on the inside it no longer burns the bun and I do cook on number 5. The buns need to be regular sized. I also noticed that most buns, I tried 3 brands, are baked/sliced in such a way that one end is more tapered and I place them into the toaster tapered end up.
3) Hotdog expands in holder and is hard to get out-Yes it does on fat hotdogs. Also over cooking causes the hotdogs to split as I discovered when working out the best cook setting. Skinny ones like Oscar Mayer or Nathans or Hebrew National have no problem. I tried 6 different brands all beef brands including Ball Park and Bar S and some generic brand. The BallPark were the worst case of the bubch but I got them out without too much carnage. Overall they all cooked great at setting of 5. I prefer my hotdogs either hot or cold but not in between.
4) Cheaply made with plastic-It was only $20. However the plastic housing makes it cool to the touch. Key points are it works very well and is easy to clean up.
In conclusion, I think my organs are failing from all the hotdogs I've eaten the last couple of weeks. Everyone who sees the toaster has a big inner child smile moment and has to try it. It works as advertised. It's inexpensive and its color matches my coffee maker.
have found myself indulging in one too many. I am VERY impressed and happy with this purchase. Because this one was
purchasd for my son to have upstairs in his kitchen area of the gameroom- I am now purchasing another one for myself and MY kitchen :)