Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nostalgia ICMP400BLUE 4-Quart Electric Ice Cream M..." and save 11% off the $44.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Nostalgia ICMP400BLUE 4-Quart Electric Ice Cream Maker with Easy Carry Handle
- Low Return Rate: 21% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 85% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "ice cream ball maker"
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Works best with Nostalgia Ice Cream Mixes: Try the creamy French Vanilla (ICP825VAN8PK), indulgent Chocolate (ICP825CHOC8PK), or the refreshingly sweet flavor of Strawberry (ICP825STRAW8PK)
- Easy-to-clean plastic bucket
- See-thru lids for easy viewing and freezer storage
- Convenient carrying handle
- Powerful electric motor does all the churning - no manual effort!
- Motors locks into place keeping all parts secure
- Recipes included in manual. BPA free
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Old Fashioned Look With Modern Convenience
Simply add your ice cream ingredients into the aluminum canister and place in the middle of the bucket, layer with ice and salt, and let the electric motor do all the rest - no manual effort.
So Many Flavors, So Little Time
This unit makes up to 4 quarts of ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet or gelato in just minutes.
Equipped with a powerful locking electric motor, convenient carrying handle, easy-clean bucket and more, this unit provides a complete homemade ice cream experience.
Top It Off
Scoop finished ice cream straight from the canister and add your favorite toppings for a delicious cold, sweet and creamy treat.
The fast and easy way to make 4-quarts of ice cream, frozen yogurt, or gelato. This unit features a locking motor mount, easy-to-clean plastic bucket and 4-quart aluminum canister. Simply add your ingredients into the aluminum canister, place in the middle of the bucket, layer with ice and salt, and let the electric motor do the rest. Soon you will have wonderful homemade ice cream. Customize each recipe by adding extras, like strawberry preserves, cookie dough, candy pieces and more. When done, use the included lid and lid cap to store leftover ice cream in the freezer.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
On Wednesday my Nostalgia Electrics 4 quart Ice Cream maker arrived at the house where I proceeded to open it immediately. I planned the day before to make a Death by Chocolate Ice Cream as my first experiment, I like chocolate, my housemates like chocolate, everyone loves chocolate.
Putting the machine together was relatively easy, you put the metal container in, fill around it with a mixture of rock salt and ice, then place the mixed ingredients inside along with the mixer and the motor on top, easy. It’s not quiet, you can hear it working, you can hear it doing all the work, and mixing your soon to be ice cream.
20 minutes into the making I stopped the mixer, I took the motor off, I tasted the now thick soft serve consistency and my life changed forever. I MADE ICE CREAM, but not just any ice cream Death by Chocolate Ice Cream and this was the most chocolaty, creamy, beautiful ice cream I had ever had. I had to make more, I had to make different flavors. I found myself looking up flavors and mixtures and concoctions. From caramel swirl to Vanilla Lavender no ice cream flavor shall go untested!
Buy Tupperware, buy ice cream cartons, THIS MACHINE HAS TURNED ME INTO AN ICE CREAM LUNATIC! I have ice cream in my dreams, I see it when I close my eyes, and I can’t put it down at all. This Ice Cream maker has ruined my life, I cannot think of anything other than ice cream.
A few suggestions:
*Chill your ice cream base if pre-cooked for 8-12 hours at lest.
*Chill "easy" bases at lest 2 hours
*Dont skip chilling the canister
*DONT skimp on the rock salt.
*Dont over fill. 2/3 full, or less. It does expand, and it you dont want to have it churning too long or it wont set up/could have alot of ice crystals.
* Even though the instructions say you can freeze in canister it will make it very difficult to use the ice cream. I suggest a few 2 cup tupperwear so you can scoop easy, and label if you make a lot.
Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup (6 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
4 large egg yolks
3 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
1 cup half-and-half
3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup water
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until smooth. Combine milk and half-and-half in a medium, heavy saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Gradually add half of hot milk mixture to cheese mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Return milk mixture to pan. Cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°, stirring constantly. Place pan in an ice-filled bowl. Cool completely, stirring occasionally.
2. Combine blueberries, powdered sugar, and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and cool completely.
3. Stir blueberry mixture into milk mixture. Pour mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm I hope you enjoy!