Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Nostalgia KPM508 Vintage 2.5-Ounce Kettle Popcorn Maker
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Pops up to 10-cups of popcorn per batch
- Perfect for use with all Nostalgia Popcorn Kits! (Theater Hot Air & Kettle Kit-KPK400, PCJ30-Soft shelled Popping Kernels, PPB600-Reusable Popcorn Bowls, PCSP5-Pre-Measured Coconut Oil Popcorn Kit)
- Large 2.5-ounce stainless steel kettle with built-in stirring system
- Lighted interior for easy viewing and countertop ambiance
- 360 degree clear-view popping chamber with vented windows
- Tilt drawer for easy serving access
- Kernel measuring cup and oil measuring spoon
- Decorative wheels for unique take on vintage popcorn carts
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Popcorn has never tasted so good at home
Turn it on
Heat up the kettle for 3-5 minutes. While waiting you can get your popcorn supplies ready to go.
Add oil and kernels to the kettle
Add 1 tablespoon of your favorite popcorn cooking oil to the kettle followed by 1/4 cup of kernels.
Enjoy fresh and delicious popcorn
Once the kernels have stopped popping, tip the kettle to release the popcorn. It's party time.
Compare to similar items
This item Nostalgia KPM508 Vintage 2.5-Ounce Kettle Popcorn Maker
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||13 x 10.5 x 19.25 in||11 x 9.75 x 18.75 in||7.5 x 9 x 16.5 in||12.5 x 24 x 45 in||10.87 x 10.27 x 17.72 in||9 x 10 x 17 in|
|Material Type||Plastic||Steel||Not Applicable||Steel||Plastic||Not Applicable|
Keep the party rolling with a unique take on the vintage popcorn cart! Featuring a large 2.5-ounce stainless steel kettle with a built-in stirring system, can pop up to 10 cups of popcorn per batch. The vented windows and lighted interior allow you to watch the popcorn popping so you know right when to empty the kettle and the tilt door allows for easy serving access. It includes an oil measuring spoon and kernel measuring cup to ensure a perfectly popped batch every time. Popcorn has never tasted so good at home!
Top customer reviews
My wife and I decided to do a few trials and it has a few pros and cons.
1) This product was priced right for the home consumer.
2) It heats quickly and allows popped kernels ready for consumption within a few minutes.
3) It is also quite compact and fits perfectly on our counter.
1) This items seems to waste quite a bit of kernels. During the popping process, we figure that there is an average of 1/4 of the kernels that shoots out of the kettle not popped. True, you can always re-scoop them later and re-pop them, but that is very annoying. We feel it might be that the kettle's lids are too light and allow the kernels to launch out under the explosive pressure of kernels popping near them.
2) Also, the first two times we made batches of pop corn it worked well. However, the third time we noticed the cord going to the kettle continued to looses This resulted in kernels heating, then cooling, heating, then cooling...and so on. Finally we pressed the cord in more firmly (once we realized something was wrong) and the kernels heated up and popped as they should've. This is not a terrible issue, you just need to check the power cord from time to time.
3) Another thing we found a bit annoying was how popped and non-popped kernels repeatedly lodged in the internal spinning compartment. It was not enough to jam the motor completely, but it would momentarily stop it and then click hard while dislodging the kernel. Such coarse dislodging may prove to shorten its lifespan overtime.
4) Finally, there is a heat warning sticker on the front glass that was quite bubbled which was really an eyesore. As a result, we removed it and rinsed the entire machine with a none abrasive sponge as the instructions suggest. Well, even a sponge proved abrasive somehow over the region of the removed sticker. So abrasive that it was enough to leave many scratches all over the front glass panel that is even more of an eyesore than the sticker. We ended up finishing the cleaning with clean automotive detailing clothes which worked well...sadly, the front glass looks pretty bad now. We feel a sponge would have worked well, but something in the adhesive remnants of the sticker resulted in an abrasive texture somehow. Our suggestion is leave the sticker on since the glue residue left behind turns out enough to make the item you are cleaning it with quite abrasive.
Overall, honestly speaking, there are more cons than pros for this popcorn maker. However, the price is right for what you get, so we are happy with the product as of now. Besides, who doesn't enjoy fresh popcorn on a home movie night? In terms of utilization, we are hoping for the best, but understand that price merits disfunction down the line. We are holding a large gathering mid-Oct, so we are very interested to see how it performs throughout the night with repetitive utilization.
We hope this review helps.
As an update to our previous comments, we experienced two new aspects we feel a potential buyer might wish to know.
1) When considering the un-popped kernel(s) issue we experienced prior, we decided to split the package amounts (containing the oil, kernels, and seasonings) in half and attempted two separate runs. As expected, we experienced a significant reduction in un-popped kernels escaping; however, the issue was still present. Finally, we went to HomeDepot and purchased a thin commercial grade mesh that was just big enough for kernels to fall through (yep, we actually brought a kernel to test it). After a bit of measuring, cutting and bending, we constructed a small mess false bottom that does a great job at sifting the un-popped kernels from the popcorn (post a light sifting motion of course). In addition, we formed it into a slight funnel shape where the un-popped kernels can easily be collected and reutilized (popped) later. This makes the machine much more of a please to utilize and clean. Plus, it only cost about $8 in material and a bit of time. However, it doesn't affect the appearance of the machine and therefore was a great addition we would completely suggest. Perhaps future models of this machine should also take that into consideration since it was so easy to do.
2) Nostalgia Electronics has great costumer service. In consideration to the foggy door surface (where the sticker) discussed previously, we decided to do a quick search of the company and emailed them the problem hoping to buy a replacement door/part since we saw no need to replace the entire maker for such an insignificant issue. That very day we received an email asking us to call a specific number with the Make and ID number of the machine (located at the bottom of the maker). We did and that very day they shipped out a replacement door... free of charge. Two days later we received it (ironically packaged better than when we received the actually maker from Amazon) and the sticker was already removed to avoid such issues again. For screws later and we now have a beautiful maker. This attention to service was our reasoning for increase the star rating from a 3 to 4.
This machine isn't perfect, but you can make it function much better with a bit of work. Also, in a world where most companies forget the true value of consumer service, Nostalgia Electrics doesn't and is a complete pleasure to work with. It is nice to know they stand by their products.
Some of the advice suggested the use of Pop Secret kernels - so we have only used this product. For the "movie theater butter" flavor we used Kernel Seasons oil/topping. The first time we made it we forgot the salt, but it still tasted great. Once we realized our mistake we had REAL movie theater quality popcorn on our hands!
We have since ordered the 100-ct popcorn tubs from Amazon and can't wait for them to get here. This unit has really enhanced our family movie nights. We love the light/warming feature that allows us to pop all we want, watch the movie and go back for more popcorn during intermission.
I would recommend this popper HIGHLY to anyone that wants a great home experience without the high cost associated with some other models. My only advice is to follow the directions (allow it to heat up sufficiently, measure popcorn/oil carefully, watch hot kettle, etc.) and the suggestions of other users carefully!
We are very pleased with this purchase and anyone considering getting a small machine, could not recommend more!