Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nostalgia PCM805RETRORED Retro Series Hard & Sugar..." and save 69% off the $229.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Nostalgia PCM805RETRORED Retro Series Hard & Sugar Free Candy Cotton Candy Maker
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Clear rim guard allows for easy viewing
- Includes 2-reusable cones, 1-sugar scoop, and 1-extractor head
- Unit disassembles for easy cleaning
- Suction cup feet for stability
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
The Nostalgia PCM805RETRORED Retro Series Hard & Sugar Free Candy Cotton Candy Maker creates fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth cotton candy. Use your favorite hard candies or flossing sugar to create a fluffy cotton candy cones the whole family will love. The clear rim acts as a protective guard and allows for easy viewing of the cotton candy. The unit includes 2-reusable cones, 1-sugar scoop, and 1-extractor head.
Top Customer Reviews
- it works faster with hard candy, but you get less cotton candy & it's a little denser. There are more flavor options with hard candy, but just remember, it's going to taste just like the candy. If you use a strong flavor candy (I tried an organic watermelon lollipop) and yuck! I tried with lemon drops & it was good! I've found, the less ingredients in the candy, the better it works. I've read that lifesavers work well, but I haven't tried it. I used starlite mints & they worked great, but the kids don't like the candy & they didn't like it in cotton candy either.
- with some hard candy, I got more like basket weave strands that flew all over the place! That will never happen with sugar.
- sugar produces the best cotton candy. Just make sure you let it warm up the full 10 minutes. It the most consistant & you get a great result each time. I find that the scooper provided makes enough for a good sized cone. It does look like the picture on the box. Again, if you want it to look like the carnival one, get a professional machine. For $40, you cant go wrong! It takes a little longer with the sugar, but it is so worth it. I bought from eBay cotton candy flavor packets. I got 12 for $10 & each bag makes 2lbs of sugar or you can make it a cup at a time. I used a 1/4 tsp of the flavoring to 1 cup of organic cane sugar & it works wonderfully! I like using my own sugar so I know what I'm feeding my kids. Granted, the flavoring has artificial color & flavor, but I can deal wih a quarter teaspoon. The sugar gets you cotton candy just like the carnival!
Note: sometimes the sugar seems to get stuck around the inside of the spinner. I just shut it off & use a bamboo stick to loosen it & that seems to do the trick. Turn it right back on, and the cotton candy is instant! Also, clean frequently the inside of the plastic bowl. Sugar accumulates on the sides & the cotton candy will start to stick to it. Just use a rubber spatula or plastic spoon to remove the sugar.
- I also mixed hard candy with sugar & got a good result. I reduced the sugar by half & added 2 hard candies (strawberry flavored sugar with lemon drops) & yum! Don't be afraid to experiment!
- I also purchased from eBay light up cotton candy sticks that are reusable! You push a button & they light different colors. The kids love them & I love that I don't have to keep buying paper ones.
- this can be used for a party with probably no more than about 10 kids unless you want to be making cotton candy for the entire party. You can make it ahead of time & put in ziplock bags. But, IMO, this is best for family or small party use.
Oh, one note: keep an eye on the spinner in the middle. Although I make sure it is properly in place, it has lifted up during use. It has never spun off because even if it lifts, it's still on there tight. Just keep an eye on it & push it down into place if you need to. Just make sure you use a silicone glove because it is very hot!
All in all, I can't find anything negative about this machine. If you want to make great cotton candy at home, don't hesitate to get this, clean up is also easy! Buy it!
Ok so I have had this a month now.....and I really abuse it...LOL I'm seriously addicted to cotton candy so I am running it realisticly...an hour a day or more. The only complaint I have is it's noisy as hell because the shield rattles. And of course I have already dented up the spinner....but guess what? Call the company and talk to a very nice and helpful customer service lady and for $15 including shipping they send you a new one.
So my final opinion still stands.....this is an excellent and fun machine for HOME USE. I don't consider what I do home use so I will probably be upgrading to a pro model. But $40....it's really a lot of fun!
ps....buy a 10lb bag of organic unbleached sugar from Amazon for a guilt free treat :) Unfortunately the Flossine flavoring is all artificial....but hey...2 tablespoons to 10 POUNDS of sugar? It's not going to kill you. :)
Ok...last edit....I guess I killed it. It no longer works.....it just glazes the sugar and I tried buying new spinner heads. I went from a 5 to a 3 because I still think it is a fine machine for occasional home use. But for $40 you just can't run it everyday, several times a day.
I managed to score this for $8.00! In two days my family has made more than $8 worth of cotton candy so I am thrilled 😁
Will see if it holds up and may revisit as it will get a work out in two weeks for my daughter's 5th birthday since we are having a carnival party and I plan to make cotton candy for each kid :) planning to make before kids get there as it takes about 5 minutes per real amount of cotton candy
I did splurge and buy the replacement plan so I am just shy of $13 for my investment.
Figured it would be fun for play dates and movie nights