Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nostalgia SCM502 Vintage Snow Cone Maker" and save 52% off the $49.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Nostalgia SCM502 Vintage Snow Cone Maker
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Approximate capacity: 20 (8 oz.) snow cones
- Perfect for use with all Nostalgia Snow Cone Kits! (Snow Cone Kit-SCK800, SCS160-Snow Cone Syrups, Straws and Cups-SCSTRAWCUP20)
- Stainless steel cutting blades
- Includes 2 (8 oz.) reusable plastic cones and an ice scoop
- Cone shelf holds 2 snow cones
- Built-in safety switch
- Convenient countertop model
- BPA free
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Classic Vintage Design
Use the included ice scoop to serve up to 20 (8 oz.) snow cones at a time. Place the two reusable cones in the side tray to easily pair with your favorite syrup flavor.
Works With Regular Ice Cubes
Scoop regular ice cubes into the ice hopper and allow the stainless steel cutting blades to transform the ice into a crunchy frozen treat. Shave flavored ice cubes, like lemonade and fruit punch, for an even more unique snow cone experience!
Limitless Flavor Options!
Pair with your favorite syrup, juice or beverage to create a variety of unique snow cone flavors the whole family will enjoy.
Compare with similar items
Bring the party indoors and create a number of delicious and refreshing ice drinks. The stainless steel cutting blades transform regular ice cubes into frozen treats that the whole family will love. Simply fill the top with ice cubes, secure the lid, and let the snow fly. Serve snow from the ice storage bin, and prepare them on the handy cone shelf with this wonderful countertop unit.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Ice quality: The ice this one makes is on par with the industrial one, and heads and shoulders above the cheaper household ones from Rival. No big chunks, just fine grains of ice. Not as fine as shaved ice, but probably the best ice you'll get from machines that work with regular ice cubes rather than frozen cylinders. For me, the convenience of using regular ice is worth it.
2. Durability (also see update below): I've had it only for a few months, but it seems pretty durable so far - it survived a fall out of my car just fine. My niece owns the same one and she uses it for a small snack bar, it's been going on heavy use for two years. There is a warning on the top that says "do not use for more than 5 minutes at a time" - but I used it for over an hour at a big party with 60+ people in 110 degree heat and it was the star of the show.
3. Ease of use: My biggest complaint is that locking the lid into place is what turns the machine on and off. I wish I could have it on with the lid off so I could just keep putting ice in it as it turned. This is probably by design to stop people from running it too long and/or slicing their fingers off. Not worth taking off a star.
4. Noise: It's noisy, but no more than I expected. Maybe just a tiny bit noisier than the cheap ones, about on par with other kitchen appliances like a blender or a mixer. Maybe this would be a factor if your kitchen was right by a baby's room, but with our baby's room upstairs I don't hesitate to use it while he's asleep.
It came with two plastic snow cone cups, one was cracked out of the box. I was just going to throw them away anyway. I kind of like the little scooper that comes with it for getting the ice out of the corners. The little snow cone holders on the side seem flimsy, but they've held up so far and they're kind of handy when you need to put one somewhere while you do something else.
I make my own syrup out of kool-aid - it's cheaper and better than store-bought. You just add 2 cups of sugar to one cup of water, bring it to a boil, let it boil for one minute, then add the flavor packet. There's some delicious kool-aid flavors out there - besides the regular orange/lemon lime/grape/cherry/strawberry, I like watermelon cherry, pineapple, peach mango, tropical punch, and watermelon kiwi.
tl;dr - if you're considering this item because you've tried other, cheaper snow cone makers like the ones at Wal-Mart and haven't been satisfied with the quality, this is the machine for you. It's affordable, reliable, and produces great snow cones.
Update: I've had the snow cone maker for just under a year, and the first big issue has come up. There is a locking mechanism that keeps the ice chutes connected to the part with the blades. You can turn a little knob to unlock them and take the two apart, I assume this is to enable easier cleaning. After a year of moderate to heavy usage, this locking mechanism broke or loosened somehow and the two pieces would come apart whenever we tried to shave any ice. I ended up just gluing the locking cap into place with some regular gorilla glue. The unit works great again, although it's no longer possible to clean those two parts individually. I'm tempted to take off a star, but since the fix was easy, the machine made a LOT of snow cones (I'd guess around 500), and I'd still buy it again if this unit goes out completely, I'll keep it at five stars.
I ordered Hawaiian Shaved Ice 10 Flavor Pack of Snow Cone Syrup, 10 Pints for her to flavor them. The syrup clings very well. And I ordered TableCraft H35BK Free Flow Pourers, Black, 12-Pack to help her keep it all tidy. Perfect.
The only downside is that it's loud. I haven't found a snow cone maker where people say it's quiet, though. So we'll accept the noise! :)
Well, guess we lost on the lotto with this one. I suspect the one we got was someone's return. It was dirty (visible dirt on the outside of the unit, not dust, actual dirt), it had no manual, and wouldn't work for more than a microsecond.
After doing some due diligence it appears the main reason it doesn't work as needed is due to it not having a locking cap for the top. I put in 1 single ice cube, a wet and warmer one at that since I was trying to figure out how to turn it on without a manual, and half a second later the little drum pops up and stops turning.
I found the manual online and saw that there's a locking cap it is supposed to have which might make it usable. I double checked the box and the two bags it came in from and no locking cap. Called the company at 2:30 Pacific and their office is closed (they close at 4p Central) so I just missed them.
It's 103 degrees outside (WA heatwave) and the whole family is getting together and this was going to be the highlight. I get these things might happen, but when I buy something expecting it to be new, don't send me someone's return that's not even clean and is missing both parts and a manual.
Returning it and now I guess I'm going to run to the store now and pay extra for a low quality item because that's all that's left at the store. All the relatives were super excited for this and I'm not going their empty handed.
We used this at a birthday party with about 25 people and it continuously worked great! I recommend it!
Bought this for our kids birthday party and we love it! Works great and shaves the nice fast and smooth! So excited to continue to use it.