Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 31, 2011 6:33:02 AM PST
Does anyone know why Deathly Hallows part 1 is the only Harry Potter movie not available on Amazon Instant Video?

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 6:20:07 PM PST
J. Adams says:
This is a great question--anybody have an answer????

Posted on Jan 7, 2012 11:40:10 AM PST
Rob S. says:
I just noticed this too. How do they have every other one including part 2, but not part 1?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 8:07:00 AM PST
I'm guessing it's more on the dvd producer's side then the seller's side. It's not on iTunes, Zune, Vudu, or Epix either however every other harry potter film is, I actually came to amazon because I've been trying to find an instant form of The Deathly Hallows: part 1. DVD's simply take up space in my small apartment, while on my Xbox if it's on Zune, Vudu, or Epix I can watch it on my television. If it's on Amazon i can simply hook up my computer to my television to watch it's as simply as that. However I can't find it anywhere.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 8:37:02 AM PST
If you have a version of Windows that comes with media center, and the hard drive space, you can use it to watch movies downloaded from Amazon on your 360.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2012 8:09:07 PM PST
Eira says:
Wonderful question. I would also love an answer to this - what brilliant genius decided it was a good idea to have all of them available except the penultimate? I'm sure some aspiring comedians thought it was a fabulous joke; I, however, am merely annoyed. If I bought this movie now, it certainly would not be from Amazon.

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 4:35:03 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 28, 2012 4:48:44 AM PST]

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 2:54:38 PM PDT
Sarah says:
Don't know about the rest of you, but I don't plan on buying any of them until I can have all of them.

Posted on May 2, 2012 3:55:35 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 2, 2012 4:14:02 AM PDT]

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 6:01:51 AM PST
The Hedgehog says:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 is available on Amazon Instant Video, but Part 2 is NOT! Is this some kind of joke? I am so tired of Amazon.com and their nasty ways of trying to make an extra buck! They have bought all of the rights to the Harry Potter franchise, so that no other providers (such as Netflix) are allowed to show them. Then, Amazon tries to force people who are hooked into buying DVDs or Blue Ray at a highly inflated price. Well I, for one, refuse to do so. I'll just get the book for free at my local library. Nuts to you, Amazon!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Dec 31, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about