BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 25, 2016
Love this Cd - even though I have only owned it a week or so .... I like it so much .... I am planning on sending it to a disabled child relative .... he loves music and I think he will like this one ..... I have also purchase Little Pickers (doc watson) and a Smithsonian songs for children Cd that I purchased for him .... but haven't received yet.

Thinking of buying two for gifts...........

Purchase during July when everyone else is at the beach - and get a steal of price.. on Amazon or ebay .... sometimes better prices on Amazon and better selection of sellers. I did have a problem two times purchasing used cds on Amazon ..... one I purchased really just because it was a collectable and wanted a musician to sign it ... paperwork had been wet and molded ... no time to purchase another Paid $30 and was really disappointed (probably only time I'll ever get to see that particular artist) .... and one Standing on the Rock Doyle Lawson - had the right cardboard case - wrong CD ............ amazon made it right both times.
on September 9, 2017
This is now our favorite kids music album. It's a joy for me, great musicianship and soulful singing, just guitars and honest voices. My daughter loves the humor and how silly the songs are. This is how it should be done!
on November 26, 2016
A friend introduced me to this CD years ago and I loved all the songs. I bought it when my kids were getting old enough to like music as I wanted to introduce them to classics other than the pop stuff on modern kids TV. They fell in love with the songs too. This is great, as we can listen to Jerry and David together on long drives and all enjoy and sing along. Great for parents who know other less enjoyable kids songs by heart, but want to listen to something they enjoy.
on March 19, 2003
Somewhere along the line, I got tired of giving the usual baby gifts. Inevitably, someone else gave the same uninspired sleeper or toy, which seemed unessential anyway. I recalled the NPR interview with Garcia when this album came out and started buying it as occasions popped up. I usually pair it with a children's classical instrumental album. The result has been highly popular with parents and something that lasts much longer than the sleeper. The Garcia/Grisman version of "Shenandoah" is beautiful, and I've seen sophisticated adults exult over "The Teddy Bear's Picnic." Unlike a lot of children's albums, this offers music that won't drive parents batty.
on June 12, 2017
Everyone loves this album, such beautiful music.
on January 9, 2007
If you are tired of listening to Barney or the Wiggles, or any other obnoxious children's CD in the car with your kids, buy this CD. This is a collection of perfectly played children's favorites by two of the best bluegrass musicians of their time: Jerry Garcia and David Grisman. Yes, the very same man who fronted the Grateful Dead played bluegrass music and was very very good at it. Children will love the fun sing-a-longs like "Ain't no Bugs", and "Freight Train", and you won't mind them either. Adults will laugh every time they hear "Arkansas Traveler" because the jokes are so corny, they are funny. Everyone will have "Hot Corn, Cold Corn" in their mind after a listen.

As the title says "Not for Kids Only", this CD will make any long drive a pleasurable experience vs. one that you wish you had brought along the sedatives.
on March 3, 2017
Perfect in every way 😀
on April 12, 2016
I was very surprised how great of a condition this CD was in. I've never bought a used CD online before but I was very satisfied. I love this CD and remember listening to it as a kid, now I can enjoy it with my son.
This collection of children's songs is intended to simulate a situation in which Jerry plays guitar, David plays mandolin and both sing children's songs while the family gathers round to listen. The family is not represented here - you have to supply that - although there are a few other musicians lending their talents in support of Jerry and David.
The result is a very folksy album. An adult not listening closely might not even notice that this is a children's album until a few tracks have been played, but children are always quick to realise what this album is about. And so this album lives up to its title. Adults can appreciate the instrumental skills (whether they like the songs or not) while the children enjoy the songs.
The most famous song is surely Teddy bears' picnic, though Freight train and Shenandoah lullaby are also well known. The acoustic treatment brings a freshness to these songs, so even if you have heard these songs too many times already, you might enjoy them anyway.
This is an excellent album that children will enjoy, but so will adults.
on December 29, 2014
We started our son on this album almost from birth. He is now six months and loves it. This album is a miracle and wonderful for helping to put him to sleep. And the best part is my wife and I both enjoy it too.