- File Size: 2760 KB
- Print Length: 433 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0997838035
- Publisher: Jamie Hollins (February 7, 2017)
- Publication Date: February 7, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01N8OO1BA
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #852,128 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$10.99|
Save $10.00 (91%)
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Not In My Wildest Dreams (McKenna Series Book 2) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
- "I'm obsessed with the McKenna series!" ~ Jenna Sutton, Author of the Riley O'Brien & Co. Series
- "These two [Sean & Darcy] are perfect together. They are playful and silly together and this is a true friends-to-lover story." ~ Sarah, Wicked Reads
- "So far, the McKenna series has left me satisfied." ~ Jen, Dog-Eared Daydreams
- "This series just gets better and better. I loved this story and the characters! They were so much fun to read. Lots of humor, and some really sexy moments between them. I cannot wait to see what the author will do next." ~ Kitty's Book Spot!
- "Her talented writing style made believable characters that I could relate to, and who started to feel like my friends by the ending. Not to mention the highly entertaining banter had me laughing hard. I cannot wait to read more by this author, so I'll just end with HIGHLY RECOMMENDING Not In My Wildest Dreams!" ~ Jennifer, The Power of Three Readers
- "This was an absolute gem of a book and I would recommend it to everyone." ~ Janeen, Lover of Big Books Cannot Lie
- "I love a good friends to lovers' story and Sean and Darcy's roller coaster ride is going to be one of my all-time favourites. These characters were bold and loud and absolutely 'sparky'!" ~ Diane, Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
- "Not in My Wildest Dreams is a sweet and fun friends to lovers romance that will have you smiling throughout the entire book. I freaking loved Sean McKenna!" ~ Janet, Janet Reads!
- "If you are in need of a good laugh, you just found yourself the perfect read. Hilariously good!" ~ Natasha, Dreamland Teenage Fantasy
- "The McKenna series has become my new guilty pleasure. Not In My Wildest Dreams has enough testosterone to short circuit any woman's estrogen levels." ~ Isha, I Love Romance
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Book #2: McKenna Series
Source: Netgalley and purchase
My Rating: 5/5 stars
Holy Hell!! Darcy Owens is a woman after my own curse word laden heart!!
Since she was ten years old, Darcy Owens has been in love with her best friend, Sean McKenna. For a decade, Darcy has sat aside and watched as Sean has dated his way through the greater Boston area without ever stopping to look and see the woman right in front of him. Knowing Sean is dense beyond belief, Darcy has satisfied herself with simply being his foul-mouthed, hilariously blunt, always there when he needs her, friend. Yeah, it sucks being friend zoned.
Sean McKenna is the consummate good time guy. If there’s a party to be found, a beer to be drunk, or a woman to be hit on, Sean is there. While he may play harder than most, Sean also works hard. Sean has dedicated his life to building his contracting company and making it nothing short of a roaring success. He works with a partner (who is also a mentor) and between the two of them, they are ready to tackle a huge, reputation making project. If Sean, his partner, and the company are going to pull this off, they’re going to need an interior designer and Sean just happens to know one.
When Sean brings Darcy into the hotel project he finally begins to see her as something more than his forever friend. Trouble is, he still isn’t quite seeing her as a woman, but as a girl who has some really cool skills he needs to get a job done well. It isn’t until another man on the project starts sniffing around Darcy that Sean finally opens his eyes and gets a mind-blowing look at the woman before him. What he sees scares the holy hell out of him and he must make Darcy his. All he must do is overcome several problems including: 1) Darcy’s emotion-laden speech laying out her precise feelings for him, 2) her not telling him about being a card-carrying member of the virginity club, 3) the whole “what if we wreck our friendship” problem, and 4) Sean getting the hell over himself, being a man, and owning up to his feelings for Darcy. Should be simple!
The Bottom Line: Darcy makes her big, bold, sassy presence known in The Best Part of Me and just rolls on in bigger, bolder, and sassier in Not in My Wildest Dreams. Since they were ten years old, Darcy and Sean have been perfectly paired. They have always been there for one another, always supported one another, but never crossed the line from friends to lovers. Darcy doesn’t push the issue until she is forced to and Sean is just too dense to see what’s right in front of him. Though the struggles these two go through aren’t pretty they sure do strengthen and solidify Darcy and Sean as a couple. In fact, I think as the series moves forward, these two are going to become the center of the group and I am all kinds of excellent with that scenario. Onward and upward, Jamie Hollins. I’m ready for the next book in the McKenna series.
Playing the dirty dozen with girlfriends saying anything and everything. But once virginity card comes into play, Darcy passes on the answer. No one knew except her close friend and roommate that the sexy decorator was a twenty-eight year old virgin. She was holding out for the right guy. And she wished it was her lifelong friend, Sean. While working together on a project, they know they have chemistry. But should they cross that line? There are bumps in the road as they learn more about each other. With his sister that his parents put on a pedestal and her pure hatred for her parents. As time goes by, Darcy feels like the relationship is one sided. Her heart breaks. Sean eventually realizes that she is his counterbalance.
You have to be friends first and foremost to build a foundation. Darcy and Sean have that platform. They are strong together as a couple. I really liked Not In My Wildest Dreams. The story was well written and I'll be sure to check out this author again.