- File Size: 1320 KB
- Print Length: 308 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Bold Strokes Books (November 12, 2019)
- Publication Date: November 12, 2019
- Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07Z6MB3SZ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #570,636 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$19.95|
Save $9.96 (50%)
Not Your Average Love Spell Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The story switches between the points of view of the four main characters. The switches are skillfully done. Ember is a great character, and every time the story switches to her perspective, the pages sing.
- Great story, artfully written.
- Held my interest from the first page.
- Not a series -- everything is wrapped up nice and neat by the end.
Cons (all minor):
- A few times I lost track of who was talking. When all the characters are female, the phrase "she said" doesn't help you identify who's talking. There were a few times when I wish the author had used a name instead of a pronoun.
- Everybody except Ember has anger issues. Especially at the beginning, some of the characters seemed to get overly annoyed with each other when it didn't really seem warranted. This seemed especially out of character for Camille. Later in the book this problem seemed to settle down.
All in all, I really enjoyed the book. It kept my interest throughout, and I found myself sneaking a few minutes throughout the day to read just a page or two whenever I could. That's the surest sign that the story has snagged my interest. This is the first book by the author that I've read, and I'll definitely look to see what else she has.
Sydney is a knight who follows a code of justice. She is strong, caring, and determined. She believes Witches and magic are evil and aims to protect her kingdom by ending both. She also has integrity and a strong sense of honor.
Camille is a master researcher who believes that magic is neither good or bad and hates the knights for trying to eradicate magic. She is kind, intelligent, strong willed, and caring. She constantly throws herself into bigger and bigger messes to help those she cares for.
Rowena is a witch who longs to break the knights hold on her kingdom so she and other magic users can be free from persecution. She is stubborn, powerful, selfless, and lonely. She is willing to use magic to help anyone in need even when it is to her own detriment.
Ember is curious, adventurous, and brave. She is a constant delight both in the way she sees the world and with her blunt way of speaking.
These four women must work together to save the world from enemies unknown. Their adventure is thrilling. There is a larger amount of romance, action, mystery, and character growth.
The romance is sweet and honest and is very clean. So it should be able to appeal to all audiences.
The writing was amazing and the mysteries constantly kept me guessing.
I loved this story and hope there are more stories following these characters in the future even though I believe this is a stand alone and ends quite conclusively.