Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Not available directly from Amazon?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 3, 2011, 5:02:58 PM PDT
RDL926 says:
Why is it cheaper but not available directly from Amazon? Now you have to pay shipping. What's up with that? I didn't buy it yet because I was waiting for the price to go down, but now I have to pay shipping costs. I think I might just wait a little longer.

Posted on Aug 14, 2012, 9:36:42 AM PDT
Mieko* says:
Well it is August 14 now and still, Generations/Sims3 is only available from an outside dealer with shipping costs though it is Prime eligible. I don't pay for 2 Prime memberships (don't ask) so I can pay for shipping..possibly from another country.
The ad says..shipped in 12 to 14 days. WHAT??? $40 and I cannot get the game for half a month after paying for it? With the reviews about it, I am questioning if I will buy it at all. I am not interested in the pranks of teens..or canes for elderly!! What's up with that? It's bad enough that old Sims all get stooped and their bodies widened...and their faces..oh my...their faces. Now they have to use canes?
Maybe walkers in the next iteration of Sims 3.
As a devoted Sims player..from Sims 1 and Sims 2 (all the expansion packs for both)...I am not so happy with EA and it's bundling tactics..SHARE...who in the world wants to know about my Sims adventures??? Get real.
By 'Late Night' my very adequate PC began making noises and I had to get out of the game and reboot the PC.
Anyway, Amazon, I pay Prime to get packages from YOU..and mine always come on time, well packaged.
I think I will skip Generations till I can get to a Best Buy..maybe in a year or two since there are none within 200 miles of me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jun 3, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
The Sims 3: Generations - Expansion Pack PC/Mac
The Sims 3: Generations - Expansion Pack PC/Mac by Electronic Arts (Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard / Intel, Windows Vista / XP)
4.2 out of 5 stars (279)