Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on December 29, 2009
This is my two year old daughter's current favorite book--and I don't mind reading it to her over and over! The text is perfect even for young preschoolers (not many words per page) and the illustrations are spectacular--my daughter loves talking about what the kitties are doing in each picture. We stumbled across it browsing in a bookstore...and I'm so glad we did!
on November 15, 2013
I did a research project on children's book versions of Walt Whitman poetry, and this book stands out above the rest. So many of the other interpretations are contrived and awkward in their attempts to bring Whitman down to children. This book gracefully places the whimsy and tenderness of Whitman within a child's world. It is the only book of all that I found in my research that I ever bought for a child that I love.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse