Top positive review
2 people found this helpful
David Guetta..."Nothing But The Beat"...2011 Capitol Records
on March 22, 2014
It was the Summer of 2011 when I first started hearing some of these songs on the Top 40 countdown. So, hear I am, almost THREE years later, buying & reviewing THIS album.
1. "Where Them Girls At"...I first this song in the Summer of 2011. It's an okay song, but it isn't my favorite.
2. "Little Girl Bad"...I vaguely remember hearing this song. It's pretty good & I do like it.
3. "Turn Me On"...The FIRST time that I heard this song, was around 5:30 a.m., on December 31, 2011. Then @ 8:00 a.m., I listened to the YEAR END Countdown for 2011. "Turn Me On" went well into July 2012, on the Top 40 Countdown. This song is good & powerful & I love it.
4. "Sweat"...I love this song a lot. Musically, it contains parts of a 1992 song, that I used to know, called "Don't You Want My Love"., which was ALSO a GREAT song in it's time (1992).
5. "Without You"...This song is nice. I first heard this song in the Autumn of 2011 & it went well into 2012, on the Top 40 charts.
6. "Nothing Really Matters"...I love This song a lot, too. This album's TITLE, "Nothing But The Beat" is mentioned, a few times, in this song.
7. "I Can Only Imagine"...I love THIS song very very much & it's my top FAVORITE song on this album. I remember this song from the Late Summer of 2012, on the TOP 40 Countdown.
8. "Crank It Up"...This song is pretty good.
9. "I Just Wanna F"...This song has the SLOWEST beat, on this album. It's an okay song.
10. "Lunar"...This is the ONLY instrumental song on this album. It's pretty good & it's powerful.
11. "Night Of Your Life"...This song is very good & I enjoy listening to this.
12. "Repeat"...This song is also pretty good.
13. "Titanium"...This was another BIG hit, on the TOP 40 charts & ALSO @ the clubs, during the Summer of 2012.
This 2011 album sure contained a lot of American Top 40 hit singles, but I preferred the songs that WEREN'T as well known, even more so. This album, by David Guetta, is definitely recommended.