Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 106 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 137 reviews
on March 22, 2014
It was the Summer of 2011 when I first started hearing some of these songs on the Top 40 countdown. So, hear I am, almost THREE years later, buying & reviewing THIS album.

1. "Where Them Girls At"...I first this song in the Summer of 2011. It's an okay song, but it isn't my favorite.

2. "Little Girl Bad"...I vaguely remember hearing this song. It's pretty good & I do like it.

3. "Turn Me On"...The FIRST time that I heard this song, was around 5:30 a.m., on December 31, 2011. Then @ 8:00 a.m., I listened to the YEAR END Countdown for 2011. "Turn Me On" went well into July 2012, on the Top 40 Countdown. This song is good & powerful & I love it.

4. "Sweat"...I love this song a lot. Musically, it contains parts of a 1992 song, that I used to know, called "Don't You Want My Love"., which was ALSO a GREAT song in it's time (1992).

5. "Without You"...This song is nice. I first heard this song in the Autumn of 2011 & it went well into 2012, on the Top 40 charts.

6. "Nothing Really Matters"...I love This song a lot, too. This album's TITLE, "Nothing But The Beat" is mentioned, a few times, in this song.

7. "I Can Only Imagine"...I love THIS song very very much & it's my top FAVORITE song on this album. I remember this song from the Late Summer of 2012, on the TOP 40 Countdown.

8. "Crank It Up"...This song is pretty good.

9. "I Just Wanna F"...This song has the SLOWEST beat, on this album. It's an okay song.

10. "Lunar"...This is the ONLY instrumental song on this album. It's pretty good & it's powerful.

11. "Night Of Your Life"...This song is very good & I enjoy listening to this.

12. "Repeat"...This song is also pretty good.

13. "Titanium"...This was another BIG hit, on the TOP 40 charts & ALSO @ the clubs, during the Summer of 2012.

This 2011 album sure contained a lot of American Top 40 hit singles, but I preferred the songs that WEREN'T as well known, even more so. This album, by David Guetta, is definitely recommended.
on March 8, 2012
I'm a fan of dance/electronica, but I don't often hear music in the genre that really excites me. Maybe because so much of dance music isn't really made to last ... it's disposable; meant to be enjoyed in the club or on the treadmill, but not meant to be still enjoyed or appreciated ten years into the future. The title "Nothing but the Beat" suggests an album full of dance floor/party jams for the present moment, and it offers that. The album is full of David Guetta's throbbing, crisp beats complemented by a variety of current pop/R&B talent.

Occasionally, the album aims higher than just disposable dance floor filler and offers a track that is genuinely captivating and moving. "Turn Me On" features Nicki Minaj mostly singing (with just a brief rap), and when she cries "make me come alive" it seems like a genuine plea for authenticity in a disposable, digital world. "I Just Wanna F", a duet between Timbaland and Dev, offers inventive, percolating R rated banter that seems like a raunchier sequel to Nelly Furtado's "Promiscuous". "Lunar", a song without vocals, shows that when he's not collaborating with American pop stars, David Guetta's music actually shares a dialog with other French electronic musicians like Daft Punk and Mirwais.

The album closes with a glorious track, "Titanium", featuring Australian singer Sia. Sia's textured, emotional voice has been featured on Zero 7's mellow electronic music, but when combined with Guetta's abrasive beats, magic happens.
on March 23, 2016
One of his best CD's! This CD and tracks are basically your night club dancing hype music that will get you moving and enjoying a great time with anyone. This clean version does not just blank out bad words but places an alternative version of the song. Guetta took in to consideration those who want to party but not curse. Plus the music sounds more lively and intelligent without bad language. Thank You!!!
on December 31, 2014
I'm very happy with my purchase. It came two days after I ordered it on standard shipping, which was great! There are two CDs in one, which I did not know. One was an electronic album and one was a vocal album. The vocal album I really enjoyed as for the music, but as for the electronic album, I didn't find the music very catchy. However, I'm still glad I bought this, I loved it a lot. I recommend that before someone buys this CD or any CD in general, that they look up the music on YouTube to see if they like it. I hope my review helped :)
on May 5, 2017
This is My second David Guetta I ordered , in Fact this is a replacement from My first order , But The replacement was WARP too .
on May 14, 2017
Absolutely love this cd.
on March 7, 2017
My niece's girl loved it!
on January 13, 2014
I ordered this clean version of the cd after getting the original from my public library and finding my 9yr old really liked most of the songs. I'm sorry, but the amount of swearing was ridiculous in it. I am an adult and I don't even talk like that. I was so pleased to find a clean version of the cd and am able to let my kids listen to it. I only gave it 4 stars because there was still a word or 2 that, while not necessarily a swear word, its still not ok for a 9 yr. old or younger to hear. Other than that, its a great cd, one of my favorites, and my kids love it too.
on March 9, 2017
Excellant
on February 6, 2013
I was impressed that I enjoy ALL of the songs on this album - normally when I buy an album, at least one or two songs don't stand out to me. I can listen to this album all the way through without any desire to skip a song. The songs differ enough where I don't feel like I'm listening to the same song for the whole album, and the different guest vocals each add something to the dance beats they accompany. My particular favorites are "Little Bad Girl" and "Titanium," but really, I love the whole thing. Very upbeat and catchy - definitely provides good motivation to move!