Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 313 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 401 reviews
on December 24, 2013
Where do I begin. If there is one thing that I am glad that I bought this year it is this album. Drake did amazing on it,. I love every song and listen to it in my car all of the time. This is a MUST BUY. The only problem with my copy was that the case arrived cracked (it was still wrapped), but that did not effect the actual cd itself.
on February 27, 2017
Drake brought his rap skills to this album while still being able to give us his emotional story. No one has ever done rap like Drake does allowing his listeners into his heart and telling us what he feels. He says the fame is great but also describes the pains that comes with being away from home all the time and losing his connections between him and his family/friends. I also believe that people feel that Drake had it easy in life but that is the the furthest thing from the truth. His family had their struggles and he had his bottom but everyone's bottom is different and he does a fantastic job of telling his story. Wouldn't be surprised to see another Grammy award/nomination out of this album
on April 6, 2017
I love Drake's music so I'll always give him 5 stars. This album is just as good as all of the others. Most of it is mellow, but there are a few in-your-face songs. If you are a fan of his, you should have it.
on November 9, 2014
Dreezy is the best. A frankly amazing album, and the last album I felt this way towards was Get Rich or Die Trying from 50 Cent. What's ironic is that I never thought I'd like Drake. I tend to be very masculine and thought Drake's soft and emotional lyrics wouldn't speak to me... Boy I was wrong... This man Drake is a powerhouse of talent. He combines emotions with aggression quite well... More importantly, he's one of the few rappers that makes Hip Hop look sophisticated and I think he doesn't get sufficient credit for that.

As for the album itself, you can tell Drake put a lot of effort and time into this classical piece. You feel his heart and soul into the music of this CD. It's one of those few albums that you can feel proud of owning. Once I heard this album at someone else's place, I enjoyed it so much that I felt like I would be cheating Drake if I did not purchase it. He earned his wealth for sure.

Excellent Work Drake, and I hope you do become the greatest.
on October 14, 2013
I have purchased all 3 of his studio albums, his first EP, had his first mixtape and originally heard him in early 2008 on a Weezy track. To be honest, I never joined the bandwagon of all the people who praised him so much until recently. Every mainstream artist besides I say 6 others are not worth listening to, but at least Drake makes good sounding music. It is not better than Take Care, and no where near as good Thank Me Later. I hate when people say, he is maturing, he was at his deepest intellectually between So Far Gone and Thank Me Later. Tuscan Leather is decent, the beat just takes too long to get going. Too Much is a very good song if you enjoy the hook. The Language is in my opinion, the most clever song on the whole album. Pound Cake featuring Jay-Z gave us one of Hov's worst and laziest verses ever, I am now rethinking me being a fan of his. Wu-Tang Forever is a very good song, Own It plays the sample over again from the previous track, and Connect is a very good song.The singles are singles, so if you like them you love them and vice versa. There is no maturity when you hear Worst Behavior, and even though I like the song, his fake southern accent is embarrassing. Aside from that, the only other really good song is All Me featuring 2 Chainz and Big Sean.
on June 16, 2014
My rating of this album, 4 stars is fair. This is one of my favorite artists ever and you cant deny how good Take Care and Thank me Later were just better albums. This album is good and I think it challenges Thank me Later but compared to Take Care it is just not that good. This is Drake's 4th album and I can guarantee he has at least 4 more albums in him. Hes consistent, doesnt give a f*** if you like him, and is a hybrid artist who on one song has two different genres going at the same time. You cant deny his talent and his vocals are on point in this album. Wayne will realize that he signed an artist who is 10 times what Wayne will ever be. Yes I said it, disagree if you'd like. The intro in this album is one of the best intros I've ever heard. He isnt going anywhere. He said it in the intro. 'just give it time we'll see who still around a decade from now, thats real'
on January 11, 2014
Drake has done it again. Although his albums appear to only tell the individual story of the life of an angst driven young man in his mid 20's, I have found them to be full of universal truth. Went to a major comedy event featuring very popular middle aged African American comedians, and not one, but two of the five featured comics, one female and one male, referenced "started from the bottom, now we're here" a universal mantra to which many of us from around the globe can relate. "I love me enough for the both of us" is one of my favorite lines ever. I caught Drake's concert in D.C. shortly after this CD came out, and he really seemed to relate to and appreciate his fans, unlike another ego driven rapper whose show around the same time was so blatantly ego driven that it was hard to relate to, other than as spectacle. Rap powers my running and Drake's latest contribution will provide fuel for years to come...'Swingin'
on December 10, 2013
As a Drake fan from the beginning, I mean from him rapping backstage on Degrassi to his first mix-tape (Room for Improvement) I loved this album because it reminded me of that. I feel like he was basically putting this out for himself, getting back to his roots and how it was before; seeing as how Take Care was largely a commercial album which generated much success, NWTS is definitely not Take Care. Granted Drake does sing a bit on here but it is mostly his introspective rapping that makes me love it. Every song I can relate to in some sort of way which is one of the reasons why I stan for him. HOWEVER, when I first heard it I hated it. Mainly because I was expecting another Take Care and this was NOT that. It grew on me though and I've come to love it for what it is. 4/5.
on January 11, 2014
Drake is a lyricist worthy of praise despite the criticism. He addresses many of his issues with his family, creativity and fame. He has a complete album that his signature style and it is one that his fans would appreciate.
on April 16, 2017