Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Joseph Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 5, 2012 6:46:31 PM PDT
ANA E MUÑOZ says:
I love these characters..all of them! I think she should pick Ranger, he's the one that worries about her, and comes to the rescue, no questions asked, Morelli wants what Stephanie is not, a stay at home woman, I wish Lula would go back with Tank, I liked that convination.....and I wished they would bring in a big fish so she could have some money!!!

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 11:11:41 PM PDT
While I love Ranger, he has told her too many times he is not the settling down type. There comes a time when a woman needs a man and needs him for more than sex. Ranger is yummy but not for the long haul. It's really Steph that needs to grow up. Just maybe not so soon. Love Grandma M.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2012 4:28:30 PM PDT
Wallaby says:
This series has gotten so bad I do not buy them anymore. I am completely bored with the 3-way love affair and the ridiculous donut and fart jokes. In no time these can be read for free from the library, if I don't have anything else to read. I won't spend money on them anymore.
Let me give you spoilers: Plum will blow up a car, she will have sex with one or two men, nothing new there. We will be teased with her possibly picking one of her men but she won't. Throw in a transvestite or a stoner and there it is. For free. hoHum

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 4:47:13 PM PDT
Wallaby says:
If the best new twist is a "love potion" why bother to read them? What next? Stephanie and Ranger become vampires?

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 10:37:26 AM PDT
Mary Lynn says:
That there are 19 novels is an accomplishment, that readers are still debating the quality of the series after 19 books is an accomplishment. It's difficult to carry a series this far and still maintain the level of tension among the characters and twists in the (somewhat predictable) plots necessary to bring readers back again and again...and (although to varying degrees) the books have achieved that goal. That said, it's time to let the characters grow...and move on....even though it will signal the end of this series. But better to go out on top with an awesome finale, while the readers still care, than to create contrived plots using implausible devices in order to sustain a series with a dwindling fan base.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 10:53:55 PM PDT
SusieJ says:
I'll get Notorious Nineteen from the library instead of buying it. I've been so disappointed in Evanovich's recent Plum books. I love the characters, but the writing has really gone downhill. The only thing that keeps me interested in the series is reading fan fiction. There are some wonderful fan fiction authors who love the characters and know how to write a great story. If it weren't for fan fiction, I would have given up on the series after Finger Lickin' Fifteen.

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 7:01:00 PM PDT
A. Gaa says:
Ummm what an unappealing description. No Ranger? No thanks won't be buying a book unless he's is in it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Aug 5, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Notorious Nineteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel
Notorious Nineteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich (Hardcover - November 20, 2012)
4.3 out of 5 stars (4,963)