Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Novation Dicer Cue Point and Looping Control" and save 48% off the $125.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Novation Dicer Cue Point and Looping Control
- Performance buttons with visual feedback.
- Locks straight onto the Technics SL 1200 series, and similar decks.
- A Fully class compliant MIDI device
- Default set-up for Serato Scratch Live and works with all major DJ software titles.
- USB bus-powered
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Novation Dicer is a palm-sized cue point and looping controller that has been designed to fit exactly where you need it: on your turntables, CDJs, mixer or laptop. Dicer works with almost any DJ software and it is optimized for use with Serato Scratch Live, Traktor Scratch Duo/Pro, and Traktor Pro. Dicer can trigger samples, cue-points, loops and FX. You can use Dicer to browse through playlists, nudge tracks backwards and forwards or it can be freely assigned to whatever functions you want. Dicer always ships in pairs--one for each side.
Each Dicer has 5 dice pads which can be used to set and trigger Serato?s Hot Cues, Auto Loop and Loop Roll functions, with multicolored LEDs behind each pad to show what mode you are in. There are also freely assignable layers of controls which allow you to control whatever you want, including triggering samples, effects or even navigating through track libraries and crates. When using other software, a pair of Dicers allow up to 60 MIDI controls between them!
Dicer was designed by Novation in collaboration with Ean Golden--DJ and curator of DJ Tech Tools. Ean came up with the concept of a controller that fits on the turntable, and his contribution has been crucial in helping Novation design and develop Dicer.
Since Novation was born, back in 1992, the company name has become synonymous with world-class analog modeling synthesizers and unrivaled MIDI controller keyboards and solutions. The product range continues to receive critical acclaim from the music press and win numerous awards for outstanding technology and usability. Fantastic build quality, true musical instrument feel and intuitive controls are just three of the reasons why Novation's digital musical instruments are simply a joy to play.
- Performance buttons with visual feedback: Backlit, multi-color, soft touch "dice" buttons, provide immediate LED feedback from Serato Scratch Live software.
- Locks straight onto Technics SL 1200/10, and similar decks: Using the 45-adapter hole, Dicer places looping control right where you need it - on your decks, millimeters away from your vinyl.
- Attaches to CDJs, mixers and laptops: With Novation?s reusable "DJ putty," (included) your Dicers can slot into even the most cramped of DJ performance set-ups, sticking cleanly and directly onto your CDJs, mixer or laptop.
- Default set-up for Serato Scratch Live: Dicer is pre-programmed to take advantage of the cue point and looping functions in Serato Scratch Live, including "Hot Cues," "Auto Roll" and "Loop Roll."
- Works with all major DJ software: Dicer is fully MIDI assignable, so it can be set up to control almost any software, including Tractor Scratch Pro. Up to 60 assignable MIDI controls are available from a pair of Dicers.
- USB bus-powered: Dicer gets all the power it needs from a single USB cable, with no need for an external power supply. A mini Jack cable transmits power and data to the second Dicer.
- Ready-made setup files for other DJ software: Quick setup files for other major DJ software, including Traktor Scratch Pro, are available to download for free from www.novationmusic.com.
- A Fully class compliant MIDI device: Dicer is a plug and play device, so no need to install any drivers.
- Physical Controls and Indicators:
- 5 large round multi-color back-lit trigger buttons
- 3 large round multi-color back-lit trigger buttons
- Micro USB 1.1 connector; the most robust and compact USB connection.
- Kensington lock space
- Mini-Jack connector for connecting pairs.
- Integration with Serato: Full integration with Serato Scratch Live (including LED feedback) requires Serato version 2.1. Without this, Hot Cues, Auto Loop and Loop Roll functions can all be assigned to Dicer using Serato's MIDI learn function.
- Dimensions of Single unboxed unit (Dicer always comes as a pair): .5"W x 3.5"D x 0.5"H*
- Weight: 0.16 lb each
Top Customer Reviews
When you're finished with them, you're supposed to unplug the USB first, before disconnecting the 1/8" cable that connects the two dicers together. And vice-versa during set-up (connect 1/8" cable first, before plugging USB in). It's written in the instructions somewhere but I feel like it should be in bigger print. If you don't follow that procedure, the power from the USB will fry the dicer that isn't connected via USB. This may have been the cause of mine dying after a year and I've heard this is commonly experienced by other dicer owners. A better, more secure way of linking/connecting the dicers would be a huge improvement. The 1/8" cable gets unplugged very easily.
Other than that, I love the dicers. Sad they didn't live very long and frustrated that I have to a buy a new pair.
Cue points and loop rolls are extremely useful. Dicers can set canned loops based on the five displayed loop controls on each deck in scratch live for example 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2 or 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8 for the buttons 1-5 respectively, you get to choose the loop size for each dicer control per deck.
These work great with CDJ or turntables, for the turntables they come with a mount that fits in the 45rpm adapter slot of a Technics 1200 DJ turntable. CDJ users can remove the dicer 45 adapter and use the supplied DJ Putty to place them securely on the CDJ top.