- Receive a 3 month FREE trial membership with Skoove.com online piano lessons, when you buy any digital piano, keyboard, or MIDI controller, sold and shipped by Amazon.com Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Novation Impulse 49 USB Midi Controller Keyboard, ..." and save 46% off the $449.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Musical Instruments Accidental Protection Planfrom Warrantech
- Includes Parts and Labor for Covered Repairs plus Accidental Damages Caused by Drops and Spills
- 5 Business Day Depot Service Repair Guarantee (When Received in Depot Center, Subject to Replacement Parts Availability)
- Plan Delivered by E-mail, Register and File Claims Online or by Phone
- Repair Plans are Fully Transferable at No Cost
- See Product Description for Details Including Limitations and What is Not Covered
Novation Impulse 49 USB Midi Controller Keyboard, 49 Keys
- Ultra-responsive semi weighted keyboard with aftertouch
- Full DAW/plug-in control surface with 8 knobs, 9 faders and buttons
- Automap 4 control software enables instant hands-on access to your DAW and plug-ins
- Multi-function drum pads enable you to warp arpeggios, roll beats and launch clips in Ableton Live
- Includes downloads for: Ableton Live Lite, Novation’s Bass Station synth, XLN Audio Addictive Keys, and a Loopmasters Sample Pack; 2-year limited warranty on manufacturing defects
Buy this product as Certified Refurbished and save $70.99.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Novation's Impulse is a range of professional USB/MIDI controllers. They each have a precision keyboard and a full control surface powered by a brand new version of Novation's Automap control software - Automap 4 (which makes getting hands-on with your DAW/plug-ins fast and simple). Impulse also has 8 back-lit drum pads which can warp arpeggios, roll beats and launch clips in Ableton live. Impulse, available with 25, 49 or 61 keys, gives you instant access to your DAW's mixer, transport, and plug-ins. Impulse also comes with a stack of free software and sounds including: 1) Ableton Live Lite - powerful loop based music-making software , 2) Novation Bass Station - legendary analogue bass synth as a software plug-in , 3) Loopmasters sample library - over 4GB of royalty-free samples, and 4) Mike The Drummer - 502MB of live drum loops and breaks.
From the Manufacturer
Novation Impulse USB Midi Controller Keyboard
Impulse is a range of professional USB/MIDI controllers. They each have a precision keyboard and a full control surface powered by a brand new version of Novation's Automap control software, Automap 4, which makes getting hands-on with your DAW/plug-ins fast and simple. Impulse also has 8 backlit drum pads that can warp arpeggios, roll beats, and launch Live clips.
Precision Keyboard: Ultra-Responsive, Semi-Weighted Keyboard with Aftertouch Impulse has a precision 'players' keyboard.
It is semi-weighted with assignable aftertouch and has been designed to feel like an instrument rather than a computer peripheral. In addition to feeling good, it is incredibly accurate--this means it can translate musical expression (how you play the keyboard) extremely effectively. So your performance is reflected exactly by the synth or software instrument you are triggering.
Automap 4 Control Software Spend More Time Making Music, Less Time Reading User Guides
Many MIDI controllers have knobs, faders and buttons, but using them is difficult and time consuming. Impulse (as with all Novation controllers) comes with Automap control software. This gives you instant mapping to the things you need to control, meaning you can make full use of faders, knobs and buttons on Impulse to get hands-on with your DAW and plug-ins.
Full DAW/Plug-In Control Surface
With 8 knobs, 9 faders and buttons, and a custom LCD screen (1 fader and button on Impulse 25), the control surface allows you to get hands-on control for your DAW and plug-ins. Novation has worked with all the major DAWs and plug-ins to make sure that you get instant control of your mixer, transport controls and plug-in instruments and effects.
Multi-Function Drum Pads: Warp Arpeggios, Roll Beats and Launch Clips in Ableton Live
Impulse has 8 quality-feel drum pads that are velocity-sensitive with aftertouch. These are backlit with 3-color LEDs which means they can do things other drum pads can't, like warping arpeggios in real time, rolling beats and launching clips in Ableton Live (Ableton Live Lite 8 comes with Impulse).
Works with All Major DAWs and Plug-In Instruments and Effects
Novation has worked with major music software manufacturers to ensure Impulse gives you instant hands-on control. In addition to the major DAWs--Reason, Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, and Ableton Live--Impulse and Automap 4 have been specially designed to give you full control of 3rd party plug-in instruments and effects, like Native Instruments, Waves, or FXpansion.
USB Bus Powered
Impulse is USB powered, with expression and sustain pedal inputs as well as MIDI in and out ports for connecting external MIDI instruments.
Which Novation Impulse Professional USB/MIDI Controller is right for you?
|Impulse 25||Impulse 49||Impulse 61|
|Number of keys||25||49||61|
|Unit size (LxWxH)||20.6" x 13" x 3.9"||33.3" x 13" x 3.93"||40.2" x 13" x 3.9"|
|Precision semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch|
|Ableton Live Lite, Novation's Bass Station synth and a Loopmasters sample pack included|
|Expression and sustain pedal inputs|
|MIDI in and out ports for connecting external MIDI instruments|
|Number of faders||1||9||9|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
You can create, edit and save 20 presets, for live set artists thats dope.
Keys have aftertouch, which is cool, but some keys bottom-out and you can feel/hear a plastic "clack", which feels cheap.
Not sure if it's consequence of software, but when alternating the sustain pedal in music, stuck notes are a common occurence, which sometimes require a midi panic/reset.
My only qualms:
1. The Automap software was fairly useless and also installed Bonjour on my system, but a couple of quick uninstalls and that was resolved.
2. The feel of the drum pads. They feel very stiff to me and did not articulate quite the way I was expecting, needing more force to get the right sound out of them than I was expecting. However, I do understand that these pads are not designed with the same feel as non-keyboard style MIDI controllers (such as the Novation Push and the Native Instruments Mashine) and once I used them for a little while, I became more accustomed to the feel they had.
Bottom line, this is a great controller and one to seriously consider if you are in the market for a keyboard style MIDI controller.
The 'Automap' software (included) easily mapped to the latest version of Logic, running on Lion OS. The knobs, buttons and transport keys all work in Logic/ GarageBand.
- This unit, nor the M-Audio, etc. cannot make 'sounds' without a computer.
- The 'sounds' it can make go way beyond piano. It can be a bass, drums, sitar, South African Vocals, etc. or a combination thereof. Whatever came with Logic/GarageBand.
- You can control Logic functions directly from the keyboard, you can control plug ins from the keyboard.
At it's simplest level, just using the transport (play, stop, rewind, f.f.) keys makes editing, in Logic/GarageBand, much easier.
It's a sturdy unit, and a lot of fun for the price. If you have a 'soft touch' on the keys, RTFM and set the sensitivity from '2' to '3' or '4'.
Note that a really good keyboardist will want more keys, and also want them 'weighted.' I.e. They'll want something expensive (of course).