Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on April 25, 2016
I am disappointed with this apron in it's material, finish and tie strings. I had read other reviews which stated the upper part of the apron was too small. I found this apron to be not so bad in this area unless you are a 40 D or larger. It upper body is longer than some aprons which may make for an awkward fit that does not lay smoothly, but for a taller person would not be an issue. The lower body of the apron is actually a little larger than average. The tie string are short so they cannot tie in front which is something I prefer. What is most outstanding is the material and the finish. The finish is "lazy', although the the edges are folded over and stitched a quality item would have the edges folded inside and hidden. The reason I chose to give only two stars is that the material is not nearly as heavy as described and I have never experienced a cotton fabric that felt anything like this. I believed it was a synthetic blend however I was surprised how much it shrunk after it was washed and dried. I would not be purchasing this brand again.
on April 22, 2015
I like like the design and the colors but that's about it!
Two problems:
1. The buckle for the neck strap is on the left side instead of the right side. I have 3 old aprons with same design that I once bought at Russ outlet. They are so old that I couldn't find the maker's name. After a long search I was so excited to find similar aprons that I didn't pay attention to the location of the buckle, just that there is a buckle was all I cared (I am a tall person).
If this important to you, then pay attention to the location of the buckle because few of them seems to have it in the right- judging at least by the picture.
2. The fabric of this one (but not the other that I bought) is stiff (2 hot laundering so far didn't soften i t- yikes).
Although the 2 aprons came under the name of the same company, the tags on the aprons show that that there were made by 2 different makers in China and there is no way to know it even on the selling company website - what a shame. Bottomline: if you get a stiff one and you care about it, then don't expect it to get softer, just return it!
on September 16, 2017
I am not satisfied with this apron as of yet. I needed an apron for cooking but this apron does NOT cover my whole chest. I am not a real big woman but it leaves the sides of my chest completely exposed and I cannot protect that part of my clothing from spatters and splashes; the top part is too narrow. Clothing items sold on Amazon are many times made in China, where the average woman is much thinner and smaller than the American model so things do not always fit the same here. In addition, the apron if pretty long for a petite like me. The apron is also very stiff and after reading some reviews, I am hesitant to wash it. So I will add some fabric to the sides on the top and shorten the bottom. I hope after I wash it, it is not just an expensive cheap China disposable apron!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 27, 2011
This arrived today. Nicely packaged, the black of the pattern is dark and vivid, the pattern pops. It smelled a little like Apple Jacks, but I threw it into the washing machine, and the apron washed up quite well w/o bleeding or shrinking. I wish it was a little wider in the breast area as it seems to sit awkwardly on my chest. Feels a little awkward to me at any rate. It's a nice length, the neck is quite adjustable, and the waist strings are long. I'm 5'3", and the apron falls just below my knees. I like the overall weight of the material as some aprons are very heavy and stiff.
on November 30, 2015
Now Designs manufactures great quality aprons. I just received mine to find that the workmanship and fabric are better than described in some reviews. Although the material is not an extra thick heavy canvas type of material, it's also not thin and anemic like bed sheets. The weight is similar to a medium weight denim and has a nice hearty feel to it.

As for the longevity of the dye, I have not washed mine yet so I cannot comment. However, some fading is realistic and expected to occur over time as with another apron purchased over 20 years ago from an expensive kitchen supply store. No garment dye is entirely permanent.

To clear up any confusion about the fit, I am a curvy 5' 4" size 12 and the dimensions of the Now Designs apron are no different than my other more expensive apron. The measurements are pretty standard if you ask me.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 26, 2017
I wear this apron while gardening, and it holds up well. Of all the various aprons that I have for gardening, this is my favorite, because it is attractive, the fabric isn't too thin, and it is very comfortable to wear.. It does fade after washing, so be prepared for that.
I get a kick out of wearing this lemon pattern apron while trimming my lemon tree.
on October 8, 2014
I bought this for the main part of my Halloween costume. It looked awesome when it came but it was a little stiff so I decided to wash it. NOW... it is really faded and looks like I've owned it for 20 years. And no, I'm not kidding :( It is sturdy so I gave it two stars but if you love the beautiful colors and pattern you can kiss those goodbye.
on December 7, 2013
The material is a bit stiff but I expect it will soften in time with multiple washings. It did fade with the first wash (in cold water, per instructions), so that's a bit of a disappointment. I am 5'2" and it comes down to my knees. The waist ties are very long, 29", good if you need it, but I may have to shorten mine. One large (12" x 7") pocket in the front middle; I'd prefer 2 pockets on the left and right, it's more natural for my hands to reach on my left and right than in the middle, but oh well. It seems to be well made.
on March 15, 2014
The colors of this apron are not soft and pretty like in the picture. They are very bright and garish. And the quality of the apron seems very chintzy to me. I recommend the KitchenWears herbal design apron instead. That one is far superior in every way. Returning this one, buying an herb one to replace it.
on July 30, 2014
I am very disappointed with this apron. It is skimpy across the top one of the rings is bent and keeps opening up. I am a small women and still the coverage across the top is very narrow. It is pretty and I like the material but it is shoddy workmanship.