Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $9.50 shipping
+ $4.92 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Now Designs Takenoko House Shaped Salt Keeper
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- This salt keeper is shaped like a house, complete with windows, a chimney and roof
- The "roof" of the house is actually a hinged lid to the salt keeper. It lifts easily to add to or access salt for cooking and seasoning
- This salt cellar measures 3.25 inches wide, 4.25 inches tall and 3.75 inches deep
- Made from beautiful and durable white porcelain, lid is made from natural colored bamboo
- Modern-shaped stainless steel spoon is included. A small, integrated notch in the house allows you to store the spoon with the salt keeper while not in use
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The Takenoko Storage collection from Now Designs is made from beautiful glossy white porcelain with natural bamboo accents. The collection focuses on providing attractive storage solutions for common kitchen food items. This Salt Keeper keeps salt dry and accessible and looks good doing it. It is shaped like a little house, complete with windows and a chimney. The "roof" is a hinged lid that can easily be lifted to add or access salt. This salt cellar measures 3.25 inches wide, 4.25 inches tall and 3.75 inches deep. It comes with a modern-shaped stainless steel spoon for spooning out salt. A small notch in the salt keeper holds the spoon in place (with the handle facing outwards for convenience). This salt keeper is attractive enough to store on the countertop, to easily access while cooking and seasoning food. To clean, wipe this salt cellar/keeper clean with a damp cloth. Made by Now Designs, who for 50 years has designed exclusive home and kitchen products with style and the finest quality in mind.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The image provided on amazon does look like the product I received, although the gap at the top of the bamboo door and ceramic top is quite large. If you are keeping this in a well lit area, this garlic keeper is not great at keeping the garlic dark, as the gap on top is about 1/4 inch. The other thing I don't like is that the "hinge' is really just 2 screws that go into the bamboo door. The screws rotate in unfinished ceramic holes, which makes for a rough rotation. Not smooth at all, and these two issues make an otherwise nicely designed product seemed to have a poor fit/finish feel.
On the positive, I do like the overall look. The holes and gaps do allow for good aeration, which maybe more important that the light/dark issue. The product is also quite roomy and holds more garlic than most of the other keepers out there. It can also be mounted to a wall, but this I have not tried. I don't regret my purchase, but was a slightly disappointed given the price.
* Update - Over a year later and I am happy with the purchase. My complaints above are still valid, but I don't think they are deal breakers and don't seem to bother me as much. I am not aware of other products quite like this and the price seems to have gone down a little.
Looks cute, easy to clean and one less thing on my countertop. Super convenient, don't wait 2 years, get it now!
A garlic peeler is a must have in my kitchen. Here's a link to a great one if you don't already have one.
Zak Designs E-Z-Rol Garlic Peeler (Blue)