Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on January 20, 2016
I take 2 in the morning and occasionally one or two more during the day as needed.
My horrific heartburn is now under control.
YMMV
0Comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 12, 2017
I am already feeling the change with the pills and there amazing. It is aiding me in the weight loss department because liquid vinegar is a little too strong fro me taste. I do recommend it.
11 comment| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 7, 2015
I read on Pinterest that undiluted Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) with the "mother" - like Bragg's ACV that you can find in the supermarket - helps prevent colds by balancing your body's pH level, thus helping your body fight off the virus better. With my experience with taking ACV, this proves to be true.

> Edit Oct 2017: It seems there are conflicting reports online now about if it is even true you can (or should) affect your body's pH level. I'm no scientist or researcher; I'm just a person that has used this product and enjoys how it keeps the colds away for me personally for 4 years now. So here is my disclaimer that the pursuit of scientific truths is thankfully an ongoing one and that you should always take reviews online with a grain of salt. Please feel free to do your own research on how ACV affects the body! And feel free to comment on my review to share anything you've learned as I think we'd all like to know. Now back to my original review:

THE SCIENCE

I'll make this short, but a quick google will tell you the same: Your blood's pH ranges from acidic to alkaline. Healthy bodies tend to be a bit more alkaline, while health problems tend to mean your blood is more acidic instead. Research shows that the body needs to be more alkaline to be able to heal itself better. That's where ACV comes in; despite tasting acidic, it actually helps alkalize your body, thus helping you heal better.

MY EXPERIENCE WITH ACV

I'll let you know that I was pretty skeptical when I first started trying ACV. I was feeling that classic dry sore throat that comes before a cold, bought some Bragg's, and would force down a disgusting diluted formula of ACV in the morning and at night before bed. And it worked! My sore throat did get worse (wow, I hate sore throats), but after it was gone, I wasn't left with a miserable cold!

Each dose had 2 Tb of ACV. I read that diluting it was important because it's harsh on your teeth, so I also used a straw to drink the mix to help it get to my throat faster. I used the recommended 2 Tb of ACV, added a little hot water, a little lemon juice, and a lot of honey. It didn't help disguise the taste much; I found I still needed a chaser right after. I also tried it in a larger cup of lemon tea, hoping more water would help the taste. It tasted more like apple cider, but was still too sour and I felt like I was dragging out the punishment since I now had a larger cup to drink. Eventually, my go-to poison was to just make it shot-sized to get it over with and use a chaser after. Unfortunately, the experience no matter how I took it always left me with a minor sour stomach - not enough to feel nauseous but my stomach just felt a bit acidic inside - and vinegar burps. YUCK.

Later in the year, when I felt another cold coming on, my boyfriend eventually did too. So, he started taking ACV with me and is now a believer as well. He preferred the more diluted "drink" with a straw though, and only experienced vinegar burps every now and then but never had a sour stomach.

MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PRODUCT

Now, I can say those dark days are over! (THANK GOODNESS!) Thanks to these pills, we are able to keep the colds away with little suffering. As others mentioned, you can smell the vinegar upon opening the bottle, but not when the bottle is closed, and the pills have a slight vinegar taste to them. The taste doesn't bother me at all since I'm drinking it with water as I would with any pill, but my boyfriend scrunches his nose every time he has to. He also thinks they're pretty large capsules, but I don't have a problem with the size. I provided a photo comparing a couple to a Tylenol capsule for reference.

The bottle recommends taking one to two capsules as a supplement with every meal, but I take two in the morning and two before bed and find them to be just as effective as drinking the liquid-acid, I mean, ACV. And I can happily say that since starting to take ACV at the hint of a sore throat, I have been cold-free for about two years now! Amazing, right???

I cannot comment on it's efficacy with stomach issues or digestion, although many use it as such. If I have a stomach ache or stomach flu, I'll take it as a precaution along with some Rolaids since I hear it helps, but don't really notice a difference from when I take Rolaids alone. I also can't attest to the other conditions people review about, although they make it sound like ACV is a miracle supplement: weight loss, acne, allergies, rosacea, back pain, yeast infections, congestion, cramps, arthritis, and more.

Everyone is different though so you just have to see what works for you. It's a supplement, so I personally don't worry about popping a few in whenever I need to, although it means I go through a bottle faster than I would like, especially when there are others that take it too.

TIPS

Make sure you take it as soon as you even THINK you're getting a pre-cold sore throat. This will reduce your chances of the virus spreading and you getting to the "I have a cold and am totally miserable" stage.

Take it if someone in your household has a cold coming on. If my boyfriend has a cold, I start taking the pills at the same time to help my body fight against getting it from him. So far, it has worked.

Take it even if you're in the middle of the cold! It'll help your body fight it off faster, give you some energy, and (supposedly) help with digestion.

DO NOT use hot or warm liquids to wash it down. The capsule will melt and you'll be eating powdered acidic evil. My boyfriend learned that the hard way (LOL-- I mean... Aww).
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
88 comments| 404 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 25, 2017
I love this product! It helps a lot with indigestion and to get rid of candida. I will definitely recommend
0Comment| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 4, 2017
I used the whole bottle! Skin is flawless along with my vegetarian diet!
0Comment| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 8, 2017
Keeps heartburn and acid reflux away! WIN WIN!
on February 4, 2018
In reading many of the other reviews, I expected to see some references to how much apple cider vinegar helps with ARTHRITIS but didn't find any so I felt like I needed to let everyone know how much it has helped me with the osteoarthritis in my hands! My hands hurt so much that I couldn't grip anything and it was even hard to hold onto a coffee cup because of the pain when someone told me to try apple cider vinegar. Well that was about 5 years ago and I wouldn't be without it now--my hands are just fine now as long as I am taking it (I take 2 after lunch and 2 after dinner). I don't go without it anymore because the few times I did run out of it for a few days, my hands really started hurting again. I recently recommended it to my brother-in-law who said his hands were bothering him to the point he was unable to grip anything anymore. After using the vinegar capsules for just a few days he said his hands were 85 percent better.
on January 26, 2018
I like that I can get my ACV in capsule form. Before I added 1 or 2 T in a glass of water and sipped it through a straw. But I couldn't help but get some of it on my teeth, which can't be good. Also, I just began a nigher protein diet and this helps with acidity in the blood to achieve a better PH balance. I once used ACV to help with inflammation and joint pain from rheumatoid arthritis and to help get a better PH -- it worked very well, in conjunction with many other diet and lifestyle changes. And it definitely cut down on my sugar and carb cravings and water retention.
on March 29, 2017
They are nasty smelling still, but you can swallow them. Cannot store in pill box with other pills.
on September 27, 2017
I tried drinking the vinegar for the health benefits and couldn't handle it. My stomach would hurt for hours and I'd be nauseas. I was skeptical to see if these would have all the same benefits without the disgusting taste. I was pleasantly surprised. They never upset my stomach and I can tell a difference in how i don't retain water when taking these. They are now on my automatic reorder list and I couldn't live without them.