- File Size: 1530 KB
- Print Length: 218 pages
- Publisher: Carmen Jenner; 1 edition (March 11, 2015)
- Publication Date: March 11, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00UDE2YHU
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #226,683 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $9.00 (69%)
Now Leaving Sugartown Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
--"Then we’ll be crazy together."(Sammy)
Normally, I have to take a breather to gather up my thoughts and write up a review for a book, and Now Leaving Sugartown was no different. Only, it was.
Author Carmen Jenner, definitely ups the “crazy” to her patented Sugartown series and makes you wonder what she's going to come up with next! I mean, if you thought Holly was a hell raising firecracker, then just wait till you meet Pepper! *I laughed so hard at that scene with Pepper, Sammy, and that ice cream truck! Haha*
Now many years post Greetings From Sugartown..
Sammy Belle “Sam” and Pepper Ryan, are all grown up, and have always shared a special bond that many would look upon as brother/sister but it’s not. It’s MUCH MORE than that.
As many of you Sugartownies remember, Sammy is the little brother of Ana (“Ana Banana”) and Pepper is the daughter of Holly and ex-flame, rocker Cooper.
Growing up together, they’ve always been each other’s rock and constant shelter from the rain. But as feelings and new awareness’ began to grow, and the two feel their relationship developing into something more-- so do prejudices, insecurities, and tensions.
Now, fast forward five years later…And with her aspiring tattoo career flushed down the drain and her love life in tatters, Pepper returns to Sugartown, to plan out her next move and to face the boy who’s heart she shattered after one fateful encounter.
Will a second chance at love, be the charm?
What will happen when time runs short, and what she thought she could protect and shield Sammy from, turns to be ultimately her worst enemy?Read more ›
Little Sammie Belle, is definitely not little anymore... anywhere *blushes* I thought I loved Elijah, I thought I was infatuated with Jackson, but let me tell you Fireman Sam has seduced my heart. Our little Sugartown cutie with the potty mouth is 100% ALL MALE, a Viking to be exact and has definitely grown up into a fine specimen. But what really makes his character, is that he feels. He is a man that cares no matter the circumstances. A man who loves relentlessly.
His love for Pepper Ryan- Harris- Rowe is undeniable and anchored in the depths of his soul. She is love in his eyes and he is her very reason to breath.
Let me just say I am in love, utterly consumed, completely captivated by and with this character. Her journey is just as beautiful as it is breathtaking. Just as powerful as it is meaningful. Her personality, no matter how crazy and wild it is; is simply intoxicating. She is so much of her mom with her lewd comments, but worse in a way. Imagine Holly times ten and we get Pepper. From her pink hair, inked body to the brokenness that clouds her soul; I am enamored. At her weakest she is strong; at every breaking point, she is an unmovable mountain.
Together, their chemistry is fiery as they embark on this emotional roller coaster of a relationship. Did I laugh? Um, yes until my cheeks hurt. Did I lay down in my bed and cry into my pillow for the pain that these two characters experienced? I did, and as I write this review now tears are staining my cheeks.Read more ›
1. It wasn't as funny as the previous books in the series, especially Greetings from Sugartown. I remember laughing so much at that one! Granted, the theme to this is heavier, darker. Seems Ms. Jenner decided to make it that way, what with Pepper being the way she is, her mental health etc.
2. Sammy seemed often weak, a little bit whiny. I mean Pepper had more b*lls than him, I can certainly say that. Plus, he was confusing, either he wanted Pepper or he didn't. And he wasn't helping Pepper with this, she had enough issues.
3. There was that one thing that happened - no, I'm not going to say what it is, too big of a spoiler - that I don't get WHY it happened. Literally, it happened from one sentence to the next, and besides confusion, I felt nothing else. I'm still asking myself the reason behind it. What was it? No built up to it, nothing, just... boom. Shock-value? Unfortunately, it was more like a fail. Which brings me to...
4. Another thing that happened toward the ending, again, the WHY of it is beyond me, maybe I'm missing it but maybe it should have been either better developed or simply taken out.
But I did like the ending, I liked how they weren't delusional about the whole 'love is enough and we don't need any help', when they did. They needed help. Kudos to Sammy for realizing that, even though it was hard.
As a whole, the book is a 3.5 stars, liked it too much to rate it 3 stars but not enough to make it a 4. I do like the style, so that's why I'm not giving up on this author. It's one that doesn't follow any rules, says it as it is.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have loved following the Sugartown novels! They have each gotten more and more intense and more well written. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Jenn
First book that i read by this author. But i should have read the first ones in this series so that i could better understand what was going on. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Pepper has always been a wild girl. She has always had a protector in Sammy ever since she was born. Read morePublished 3 months ago by D_parrott89
I'm sad to say this is the first book by Carmen Jenner that I've read. I probably should have read the other books in the series first, but I didn't. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Tamara Burton
I fell in love with this book. I wished I read the first 3 before but I didn't. read them first than this one.Published 4 months ago by OKbookhoarder
Carmen Jenner can never disappoint with her books ever. I Loved this book as much as i loved all the other books in the series.
I Really Enjoyed while reading this book. Read more
Enjoyed reading about Little and Sammy's romance and I feel like Carmen Jenner handled Little's bipolar with dignity. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Maura
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy