Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 158 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 281 reviews
"Now That's What I Call Christmas!" is a two-disc holiday music compilation that was released in October, 2001 by Universal Music Group. The album is part of the (U.S.) Now! series, and the first holiday-themed album in the series.

The album has a lot of music - 36 tracks of Christmas music ranging from old standards from the 1940s through the 1990s. I enjoyed most of the songs, although my favorites were older songs like "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby," "Home for the Holidays" by Perry Como, and "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee. A few of the songs didn't strike my fancy, like the version of "Jingle Bells" by Diana Krall. Also, I'm not a big Britney Spears fan, so I didn't really enjoy "My Only Wish."

I loved Ella Fitzgerald's rendition of "Sleigh Ride," although my choice for the album would have been the Ronettes' hit version. And Gloria Estefan's driving Latin beat in "Love on the Layaway" was one of the highlights of the album.

Even with a few tracks that didn't work for me, this album has a ton of great Christmas music, and it's one of the better Christmas albums that I have.
on November 30, 2015
The CD case is cracked, scratched, and has an all-around ugly appearance; though since it's only the case, I could be fine with that. However, I am aware that this album is supposed to come with TWO CD's. I only got ONE. I was expecting both, and I didn't see anywhere when I ordered saying it was only going to come with ONE disc. Also, it didn't come with the cover booklet so I have no idea what songs I am listening to, I have to look it up if I want to know.
on March 25, 2017
Useful at Chistmas
on April 29, 2016
I really like most of the songs on here. I've always loved the winter holidays and regularly play Christmas music starting the day after Thanksgiving. But, even the classics can get old. This album contains some nicely updated versions of the classics as well as some "new classic" original songs. Great upbeat background music for your holiday events.
on February 10, 2010
For many years I've been looking for a Christmas CD that contained all of my favorite Christmas songs by the original artist and I just couldn't find what I was looking for anywhere until I found the perfect CD on Amazon.com.
The name of the CD is called "Now That's What I Call Christmas!" There are 2 discs with 36 Christmas songs from the past and present. A sample of some of the original songs are, The Christmas Song, White Christmas, Blue Christmas, Let it Snow!, Let it Snow!, There's No Place Like Home For The Holidays, Rockin Around The Christmas Tree and Jingle Bell Rock. I love this CD and I highly recommend it to everyone who loves to listen to Christmas music as much as I do!
Sincerely,
C.Devenport
on January 20, 2016
I love this Christmas album!
on February 1, 2016
I bought this CD mainly for just a couple of songs that has resonated with me since the 80's (namely Do They Know It's Christmas and Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer) and while I don't particularly like every song included on the CD, it does have something for everyone.
on January 12, 2008
I have a guilty little confession to make...I'm something of a Christmas music junkie. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 80+ Christmas CD's, and seem to add to my nefarious collection every year. This year, among a few other CD's, I picked this up. I need help, I know. But I just couldn't resist! <grin>

In all seriousness, this is an outstanding little collection for the money. It has a bit of something for nearly everyone to enjoy, and they wisely put the more traditional fare on the first disc, while disc two contains the more contemporary material. This makes an excellent background track during holiday mixers or when you're doing any number of a zillion holiday-related chores around the house. Go ahead and snap up a copy of this two-disc set today, and you'll be set for many Christmases to come!
on December 16, 2012
This album contains three songs I remember from my youth: 1. Bing Crosby & David Bowie: Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth from Bing Crosby's Christmas TV show. 2.Band Aid: Do They Know It's Christmas? 3. John & Yoko: Happy Xmas (War Is Over). I have been looking at buying albums just to get these songs. Time consuming and expensive to say the least. 2 Discs in this album which contain 36 songs. I was surprised how the memories came flooding back when playing this album. Highly recommend it, you won't be sorry.
on January 8, 2015
I loved the mix of old Christmas and new Christmas songs. Even though I grew up with Bing Cosby and Nat King Cole, I wanted more contemporary music to listen to. This set gives the blend of both worlds and the old ones are on a separate CD from the more contemporary ones. I will be looking out for the others in this series of Christmas CDs!!