Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on July 2, 2016
I love Amazon, it is a great way to shop. And one of the reasons I say this is because I am able to read the reviews previous to a purchase to determine whether my money would be well spent. When reading the reviews for this movie I was surprised by the few negative reviews, compared to the overwhelming number of positive reviews. So, we purchased the movie and for the life of me I can not understand one single negative review. Now You See Me has got to be one of the best, cleanest ( no filthy language or sex scenes) yet lots of action and fun films I have had the pleasure to watch; and, It was interesting to see the reality behind the "magic" ! So I have determined that those who wrote negative reviews about this movie would most likely be unhappy if they were given a gold rope studded with precious gems to hang themselves with. That's my truth and I am sticking to it! Now You See Me is a wonderful, fun filled movie, fit for any family! I can't wait until July when the next one premiers. Buy this movie, you will be glad you did~*~
on December 20, 2017
What if movies had to work for a living? What if showing up wasn't enough? What if stars weren't handed out for a) being released b) having well known support actors and c) being about magic?

If “Now You See Me” had to earn it’s stars, it would get one for mildly interesting concept and another for moderately good execution. The buck stops there.

Let me sum it up for those of you with as yet clean palettes:

Four gutter-mouthed, unlikeable, loser magicians audition for positions in the mystical historical society for the preservation of magic by robbing the rich to feed the poor.

Two stars, a fork and a knife. If watching “Now You See Me” is a burnt steak at a greasy spoon diner, re-watching “Inception” or “The Illusionist” is leftover four-star tenderloin cooked to order.

Which would you spend $4 to eat?
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 5, 2013
I heard different things about this movie. It seemed to shoot in and out of theaters quickly and was not advertised a huge amount.

Once it came out on Blu I waited a little and once the used price dropped I picked it up and I am so glad I did. The PQ and AQ are outstanding and the over-all flow, cinematography and soundtrack of this movie are very well done.

One thing about this movie is that you need to pay attention to all the little details because in the end everything adds up to making the ending equate to a semi-logical situation. There are many parts which defy realism and common sense, however you need to push that aside and simply enjoy the movie.

Now You See Me has an amazing cast and somehow they all work perfectly together in every way shape and form. Some were saying that there was not a lot of character development with the magicians, however this movie is not about the magicians, it's about the chase and trying to find them.

In 2013 there were only a few movies which stood out to me. World War Z, This is the End and Now You See Me. There are so many movies which are just fluff and don't seem to have it together. Now You See Me was a great fun movie and I highly recommend checking it out.
on July 19, 2014
Here is a clever combination of a heist movie with magic. As you would then expect, it is quite slick in its presentation and many of its characters. There are four magicians who meet and combine forces as "The Four Horseman" to enact four great magic acts. If that sounds a bit fantastic, it's because there is slight fantasy element here - the four individuals get together hoping to become part of the "eye", a group of master magicians who protect magic. The special effects for the magic scenes are sometimes over the top (one of the floats in a bubble) but I enjoyed them. If fantasy isn't your thing though, don't worry because it's not a large part of the movie so you may still enjoy it.

Besides the magic side of things, there are some good chase scenes and hand-to-hand fighting. The FBI and others pursue the magicians across a few different cities since they are stealing money; however, they don't keep the money so they are very much like Robin Hood. As you would expect/hope after looking over the cast list, the acting is quite good. My favorite was Jesse Eisenberg's magician character, though he seemed a LOT like the way he played Mark Zuckerberg in "The Social Network". All of the characters are well fleshed out. Throughout there is a bit of intrigue also because you know someone is behind the work fo the Four Horsemen, but it's difficult to guess who. After the initial credits, there's a final scene which makes it clear a sequel is planned.
on October 6, 2016
I loved the updated "Robin Hood" concept, and the special effects surrounding the "magic" are great. The ensemble of stars was delightful - they played so well off each other and gave the movie a real feeling of camraderie that I greatly enjoyed. A lot of action, there was almost always something important happening on the screen and takes your full attention, you don't want to miss any of the little clues or details. I felt a little bit tired out at the end of the movie, there had been so much going on, LOL. All in all, a good enjoyable film, refreshing for its lack of bloody violence and sex but still plenty of action.
on October 29, 2017
Had been wanting to see the second in the series but wanted to see this one first. Lots of times the sequel can stand on its own, but in this case I'm glad we watched this one first. There's a lot of the story that would have been confusing without seeing them in order.

My wife and I both liked this quite a bit. The actors were all entertaining and the story was pretty creative. Watching this back to back with the sequel kept all the small details fresh in our minds and made for an enjoyable evening.
on December 11, 2013
I would actually give this movie a 4.5 star rating. I love the casting in this movie. They have a great ensemble cast with includes especially great performances by Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Mark Ruffalo and Woody Harrelson.
This storyline of this movie invites four talented magicians to participate in a scheme that if they manage to pull it off, will enable the magicians to find the answers to a legendary question that only a few elite magician will ever become privy to. It takes a year to hone and develop everything to be able to pull off the scheme they have been invited to participate in. The first part of the scheme takes place as a magic show set in Las Vegas where the magicians manage to pull off a bank robbery in Paris while they are still in Las Vegas. This trick gets the FBI investigating the group of magicians called "the four horsemen". Morgan Freeman's character is also investigating the "four horsemen" and lets the FBI know that the trick they pulled off at the Las Vegas show is just the beginning and a mere distraction for what their true intent is.
The next magic show trick is set in New Orleans. The "four horsemen" manage to rob their backer who is the insurer responsible for letting many in New Orleans down after Katrina. Michael Caine's character the backer then hires Morgan Freeman's character to investigate and to catch the "four horsemen".
The "four horsemen" manage a couple of other tricks with the FBI in hot pursuit. The end of the movie reveals who really set up the whole plot to begin with. This movie has lots of twists and turns that you won't necessarily see coming. It is well written and filmed. I enjoyed this film so much that I wanted to add it to my Blu-ray collection. It was definitely one of the best films that I saw in the movie theater in 2013. Enjoy!
on June 25, 2016
A fun movie that leaves you wishing they did just a bit more magic. They talk a lot about doing magic, but the actual performances are a bit brief.

The story concerns four street magicians who get recruited into doing a major set of magical productions that revolve around Robin Hood style thievery. There are lots of twists and turns and some fun interaction between the key characters. Much like a magic show, nothing is ever quite what it seems.

We saw the movie when it first came out. Watched the sequel at the theater and then came back to watch this again. One thing that is noticeable doing it that quickly is that there are some dubious plot devices between the two movies. Each movie on its own though is pretty interesting.
on January 16, 2018
It has been a while since I saw this film.
But it left a memory -- and not a good one.
Somehow, it just never worked for me. I found neither the concept, nor the characters, nor the plot, nor the resolution in any way enjoyable.
But it was well made, so it wasn't a total loss.
Just not very satifisfying.
on August 7, 2016
This is one victory celebration movie for fans of magic and magicians. There is a subtle warning against those who always want to explain magic. The key is to enjoy a magic act, not to try to expose it, as that can kill the magic and the magician. The casting is interesting, with Morgan Freeman as a villain - a question mark at best. I want to watch the second movie, but I will again watch it in the comfort of my own home because, even though I have no desire to have magical acts explained to me, I do want to understand what is going on in a movie, and sometimes I feel like the story is too fast-paced for me to do that. And, that's my one and only gripe with this movie.