YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now NYNN

Showing 1-10 of 438 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on February 27, 2011
I received this produced plugged it into the wall after a few minutes heard a pop smelled a burnt smell from the product. It didn't work anymore, sent an email to the seller and never got a response.
on January 14, 2012
I bought this very cheap charger to charge a Sony NP-F550 lithium battery that I only use in my Neewer 160 LED camcorder light. I do not have the Sony camera and charger to charge and check the state of the battery, only this $4 charger. The charger came with absolutely no instructions - zero - nada - nichts! It has a LED that can be green, red and sometimes yellow - but what do these colors mean? You have to guess! When is the battery fully charged and ready to be removed from the charger? You have to guess! Does it even know when the battery is fully charged, and to stop charging the battery to avoid cooking it? You have to guess the answer to this one too! On the outside of box are printed some very limited characteristics of the charger. It is supposed to charge a 4.7 volt battery in 2.5 hours. This is totally misleading. My 4.7 volt battery takes more than 4 hours to reach a state of charge anywhere near "full". The LED stays solid red whenever the battery is in the charger - at the start and 5 hours later. It seems to just keep charging the battery to death. The charger also runs very hot, especially the underside where it will get no ventilation if you mount it flush against a wall power outlet as you are supposed to. No wonder several reviewers complain that it "pops" and starts smoking after a while. I power mine through a short extension cord so the underside can be exposed to the air for better cooling. And I stay in the room all the time it is connected to power, in case it catches on fire. You cannot leave this device unattended. That all said, it is cheap and $4 won't break the bank if you have to toss it in the garbage after a while, to join appropriate company. It works for me (sort of), but I do not feel it deserves more than 2 stars.
on December 26, 2012
I bought this to recharge the batteries for my LED lights. The probes that connect with your batter are super cheap and just a piece of thin metal folded over. It worked though. I unknowingly purchased an identical charger almost a year later from a different brand - Synergy. The ---Mini Battery Charger Kit for Sony Camcorder Batteries with Fold-In Wall Plug, Car and EU Adapters--- It's ALMOST identical. It about three dollars cheaper and... guess what the probes for charging are a much better design and both batteries that fit into feel MUCH more secure. I only discovered this because THIS unit from Bargaincell broke when it fell 2 feet onto a cement floor.

So save your money. Buy a cheaper BETTER built charger.. the Mini Battery Charger Kit for Sony Camcorder from Synergy
on December 14, 2013
I needed this product for the NP-f750 Canon battery to charge, and although the description said this is what it was, it did not fit that battery. The slide on adapter looks like they make many to fit different batteries based on what you order, so maybe somebody cannot read and incorrectly put the wrong adapter in the package? I dont know, and frankly, its not that hard to read an order form and put the correct stuff in there.

I wish I had gotten the correct stuff as I really needed this product. They did refund my purchase, and I have the charger which does me no good. I wont reorder though because I dont need another door stop, I need a battery charger.
on July 23, 2013
This GENERIC Replacement (rapid travel) Charger by Progo CHARGES my Sony Replacement Lithium-Ion Battery NP-F550 in about 5 hours from a fully drained state. So, I question the word "RAPID." It holds the battery nicely and has an AC plug that swivels out of the way into the unit for handy storage. That I like. There is an LED "Charge" indicator light that indicates charging (red)/charged (green.) It comes with a car charger cable. Since I have not used this extra cable, I cannot comment on it.
on October 23, 2008
I looked far and wide for this type of charger. The prices that I found locally were as high as $50.00 for a unit that would recharge my Sony battery. I found the Bargain Cell shop on Amazon and they were asking @ $14 including shipping. I ordered it without any special shipping on a Sunday night and it arrived on the following Thursday. I opened the package,inserted the battery and now a few hours later have a fully recharged battery.
As usual - a business that operates thru Amazon who I am 100% satisfied with. At this point all I can say is that you will not be disappointed with Bargain Cell.
on December 2, 2013
I purchased this to use with an NP-F550. Having no documentation was bad enough. Why do we need documentation? Because this one charger seems to act differently for everyone who uses it. People talk about the LED light being red, yellow, or green.
Well after having the battery in there charging for 3 hours, the LED light is now flashing red, yellow, and maybe even green, very rapidly.
What is a flashing light supposed to mean?? Certainly not that the battery is charged. After 3-4 hours, I took the battery out and placed it in my video light. Absolutely no charge whatsoever. What a piece of junk! After reading about how difficult it is to contact customer service, exchange, or refund it, I'm not even going to bother.
I wasted $6 and now this non-working piece of garbage is going into the trash. Hopefully it didn't destroy my battery like it did to some of the other reviewers here.

Do yourself a favor. Pretend you never saw this charger and get STK's version of the NP-F550 charger instead.
on September 27, 2009
This is a great packable item for travel. Good snug fit for charging a battery. Have used it with both the fold away wall charging prong and car adapter method. Decent time on recharging battery so a traveller can be off and running again fairly quickly.
on March 14, 2016
Absolute Garbage!
I really wish I had tested this out right when I got it, but they did not send the battery, so when I discovered the battery was missing, I ordered a replacement, I charged the battery when it arrived. I ran the battery until it was dead and then tried to recharge it. Now the charger will not hold the battery in place. It feels cheap, it looks cheap and it is cheap, but if you get only one charge out of it and then can't return it because of the short return policy by the third party seller, then it's actually, VERY expensive. I hope this review saves someone the frustration I have felt.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 13, 2015
I have a bunch of chargers usually at least two for each camera and considering that this isn't an OEM product I think it's particularly well made. I like that there's some heft to the unit and that the seams are even and tight. An especially nice touch is that the wall prongs swing out form the side as opposed to up and down which is the case for most every other charger I have.

The problem with this is I can't tell you how many times I got to push a charger in the socket and the prongs fold back down. Intentional or not this design makes a lot more sense.

As for charge time there are so many variables involved that determine charging times. O ordered this along with a Sony NP-F550 battery arrived completely drained (I tested it) and took 4.5 hours for a full charge which in my book isn't bad.

It arrives in a generic box along with a car adapter and a small sheet of instructions. I use it almost every day and it works just fine as for the price less than five clams and Free Two Day Shipping with your Prime membership how can you beat it?

Highly Reccomended