Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on February 13, 2015
I have a bunch of chargers usually at least two for each camera and considering that this isn't an OEM product I think it's particularly well made. I like that there's some heft to the unit and that the seams are even and tight. An especially nice touch is that the wall prongs swing out form the side as opposed to up and down which is the case for most every other charger I have.

The problem with this is I can't tell you how many times I got to push a charger in the socket and the prongs fold back down. Intentional or not this design makes a lot more sense.

As for charge time there are so many variables involved that determine charging times. O ordered this along with a Sony NP-F550 battery arrived completely drained (I tested it) and took 4.5 hours for a full charge which in my book isn't bad.

It arrives in a generic box along with a car adapter and a small sheet of instructions. I use it almost every day and it works just fine as for the price less than five clams and Free Two Day Shipping with your Prime membership how can you beat it?

Highly Reccomended
on March 22, 2013
Please note that the prongs are both the same size; one is not larger than the other as we have had in the USA for years. This means it can be plugged in upside down, and it won't charge correctly. If plugged in upside down, the green light may glow, even though it is not at full charge. If your wall electrical socket is oriented so there are two lots at the top and a hole (ground) at the bottom, then plug it in with the logo at the top reading correctly. The red light should glow until it is fully charged. At that point the green light correctly glows. It is possible your wall electrical socket was installed with the hole (ground) at the top, and the two slots at the bottom. Reverse what I just wrote and you will be fine. Included is an adapter to be plugged into your car. I won't be using that. I don't trust that it is sophisticated enough that I would risk my cars expensive, sensitive electrical components should it malfunction.
on November 10, 2012
I bought this to charge a couple of cheap batteries I am using for an LED light. As another reviewer pointed out, it comes with no instructions whatsoever. You plug it in and start guessing. In my review of said batteries, I pointed out that while I would use them on a camera light, I would not risk a more expensive camcorder with batteries I bought for a couple of bucks. Well, apply the same logic here. A Sony battery is going to cost $40-$170. Nothing about the quality of the finish, the quality of the packaging, or the lack of instructions convinces me to risk expensive batteries in this thing. It seems to work with the cheap ones though.

So far, it seems to charge my brand x batteries which have so far not turned into paperweights and continue to work like champs in my light. The lack of instructions in. Or on the box to clarify when a battery is charged or if it is smart enough to know to stop is annoying enough that I ding them one star.
VINE VOICEon September 26, 2015
It's not the most rigid unit you've ever seen, but as long as it works, it's a huge bargain. It's got a built in standard wall plug, and a lighter plug for an automobile. I've only just begun using it (with a similar bargain Sony-compatible battery pack) and, what can I say... it charged fine. Very good price. I'd recommend it to any casual user... a professional, who travels with his gear might want to look for more expensive, but sturdier units.

3.5 stars on its own, 5 stars considering bargain price
on March 14, 2016
Absolute Garbage!
I really wish I had tested this out right when I got it, but they did not send the battery, so when I discovered the battery was missing, I ordered a replacement, I charged the battery when it arrived. I ran the battery until it was dead and then tried to recharge it. Now the charger will not hold the battery in place. It feels cheap, it looks cheap and it is cheap, but if you get only one charge out of it and then can't return it because of the short return policy by the third party seller, then it's actually, VERY expensive. I hope this review saves someone the frustration I have felt.
on December 2, 2013
I purchased this to use with an NP-F550. Having no documentation was bad enough. Why do we need documentation? Because this one charger seems to act differently for everyone who uses it. People talk about the LED light being red, yellow, or green.
Well after having the battery in there charging for 3 hours, the LED light is now flashing red, yellow, and maybe even green, very rapidly.
What is a flashing light supposed to mean?? Certainly not that the battery is charged. After 3-4 hours, I took the battery out and placed it in my video light. Absolutely no charge whatsoever. What a piece of junk! After reading about how difficult it is to contact customer service, exchange, or refund it, I'm not even going to bother.
I wasted $6 and now this non-working piece of garbage is going into the trash. Hopefully it didn't destroy my battery like it did to some of the other reviewers here.

Do yourself a favor. Pretend you never saw this charger and get STK's version of the NP-F550 charger instead.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Bought two of these to charge a Sony Np-550 rechargeable battery in order to use in my Neewer CN-160 DSLR Hot Shoe Mount LED light. They charged pretty fast and work well. I am loving the car charger that comes with it because I have left many night events due to the LED light dying and running out of batteries...they're just too expensive. Nice to be able to recharge it instead of buying 20 batteries monthly.
on October 30, 2017
I bought this to charge old NP-550 batteries which are used in a number of Sony and 3rd party devices because the work so well. This unit is very straight forward, plugs right into the wall, and comes with a car charger.
on July 23, 2013
This GENERIC Replacement (rapid travel) Charger by Progo CHARGES my Sony Replacement Lithium-Ion Battery NP-F550 in about 5 hours from a fully drained state. So, I question the word "RAPID." It holds the battery nicely and has an AC plug that swivels out of the way into the unit for handy storage. That I like. There is an LED "Charge" indicator light that indicates charging (red)/charged (green.) It comes with a car charger cable. Since I have not used this extra cable, I cannot comment on it.
on August 23, 2016
The item is not charging either of my batteries (NP-F330, or NP-F550)
--- Looking to the indicator lights, the F550 is charged (green light),
...and the F330, the Red light says that it is charging, but its not,
- - - Both are completely dead now!! When I started charging they still had a little life in them....