Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Stocking Stuffers Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon Baby Gift Guide

Showing 1-10 of 29 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on December 16, 2012
I had a minor stroke. And I can't type the way I used to. So Dragon has come in very handy. It's very easy to use. The learning curve is quite easy. I have one complaint and that's Dragon's Support. They have outsourced it to Milan, and it's really terrible. The tech support can't solve any problems, and I'm left to find workarounds myself. But as for the application, it's very good. I highly recommend it. I bought the expensive version, professional 12, because I'm a medical editor and the application must be able to produce some highly technical terms--for example, it has no trouble coming up with the term, cytomegalovirus. Pretty good, huh? Really. It's a very good application.
on February 8, 2013
I purchased this product because Olympus had recommended it for their DS 7000 recorder, which I love despite the fact my recorder isn't rated above some of the Sony recorders and one Phillips model .. problem is you don't know which recorder to purchase until after you have purchased Dragon Pro 12. Olympus also recommended another transcriber software by IBM but I couldn't find it within the few seconds it took to find Dragon. I'm also deliriously happy with my Olympus recorder and can't imagine a better one; no kidding - check them out.

Before I was able to test my recorder and actually transcribe something I had recorded, I was somewhat forced to learn how to use Dragon as a stand-alone program which was harder than one might think not because the actual lessons are difficult but because it wasn't easy to find them. You are pretty much on your own as you install it; the good news is we can go back and change the settings once it's comprehended what this software is capable of and this concludes any negative review on my part.

Again, I would purchase this software before I decided on a recorder and if you already have a quality set of headphones/cans, I would concentrate on replacing the mic that comes as part of the headset packaged within the box and with the software. If you don't have a good headset (studio earphones and mic combo), while Sennheiser is one of the best, I have also read some excellent reviews for the Andreas for a small fraction of the cost. Again, you will find ratings charts for a variety of recorders, headsets, etc. once you have purchased the software. I have a good set of studio cans so really only IMHO needed a desktop mic which I'll explain below. So in summary, you may want to purchase this software first.

Above I described being forced to learn how to use the software. What I meant by this is during the process of setting up a personal profile (the software identifies my voice and speaking style); during this process, I both began to understand how this software works, the commands themselves and the importance of good diction. So while this software is perfect for all the reasons it is advertised, it may also be inherently beneficial to anyone who doesn't know the in's and out's of how to dictate and an incredible asset for children or others with any language difficulties or speech impairments. When my youngest was about 4 years old, she and I spent a year with a speech therapist because she had developed some developmental difficulties involving the mouth (coordination; lips, tongue, teeth) that had to be overcome and she would have LOVED this software.

Anyone who slurs their speech, is having difficulty with the English language or has difficulty, for example with dentures or other oral related physical disability, will LOVE this software because this software has the potential to help them train themselves to enunciate each letter and number; help them differentiate between words that sound very similar; for example "four dollars and four cents for furnishing foibles." So the idea is to place a mirror in front of you on a table top along with a table top mic comparable to the Blue Microphones Yeti Pro USB Condenser Microphone and practice looking at and training your mouth, lips and tongue to pronounce each word into the mic with such clarity, the words are understood and typed out by the software. If you can do all this with a smile on your face, this would subtract one of the major reasons people are not hired for positions all over the globe.

This is why this software deserves more than 5 stars because it delivers more than advertised. I guess we can knock it back to 5 stars for not including a better headset like "Andrea Headsets NC185VMUSB High Quality Digital Stereo USB Headset" with all the bells and whistles for $41.99 on Amazon or even better, a Sennheiser developed just for Dragon software.
on September 17, 2013
I am a freshman in college...I need accommodations for my reading disability and dysgraphia. Your product makes my homework stress free. I love the DNS professional 12 and I reccommend it to all students who suffer from a learning disability.
on November 16, 2013
Awesome uncanny voice recognition out of the box with less than 10 minutes training. If you pay for a dictation service, you owe it to yourself to try this. Also, you don't need to spend thousands more on the medical version. You can teach this version your particular vocabulary.
on November 4, 2013
Awesome software for court reporting. Takes some training, but will save on transcription time. I have used Premium 11, but this way better.
on July 1, 2013
This software program is the best of the best of speak to type software. I know for a fact they use it in hospitals for people that are paralyzed. This product is great for work and home...especially if you type a lot. It listens well and rarely is a word incorrect. Do your research, you won't find anything better.
on July 27, 2015
The product I got is in Spanish. Spanish packaging, quick reference card, and CD. It contains a note saying it's "easy" to convert this version to the english AND spanish version. While this may be true, it's not what was represented in the listing, and is completely shady.
on September 8, 2013
I am completely unversed in the use of dragon. I was hoping it would come with a beginners training due to the cost of this program. It had a useless tutorial. I still have not been able to utilize in a professional manner as it indicated. I feel ripped off. Oh...and if I want the training I can get it for a mere 250.00/2hr online session. OMG! I am already in the hole...with no guarantee that the tutorial will be enough to get me up and running. Very dissatisfied.
on September 15, 2015
Don't buy unless you want the Spanish version of the program and are willing to "convert" it to English. No mention of this fact is made in the description, and in fact, the product shown is the English version.

Imagine my surprise when I opened the box, just a few minutes ago, and pulled out a sheaf of paper (printed by the seller) with this (reproduced here with all the spelling errors):

"The Dragon Software you have received was packaged as The Spanish Version, but with a quick Service Pack upgrade you will be able to use it as BOTH English & Spanish. All program futures and tools will be easily converted to English once this update is done. This is a very simple process and we have created a detailed step-by-Step Instruction to help you through The Installation. Any Questions call us ...."

I bought this because I'm about to have shoulder surgery and won't be able to type for a month or so. Now I'll have to scramble to find it somewhere else and will probably run out of time before my surgery. Thanks a lot, Amazon!
on December 17, 2015
I have been using DNS for about 15 years. I switched to the professional series about 10 years ago. The last version I had was 9 PRO. This DNS 12 is way better than 9. I usually spend about 8 -10 minutes per page in editing. With DNS 12 I edited a 3 page report in about 3 minutes, way better. The version I received was in Spanish. The directions that came with it were simple and easy to understand for the conversion to English. Thank-you for saving me a couple of hundred dollars with this Spanish version. Works fantastic!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.