Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Luke Bryan Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 13, 2015
i love this! used it right away. i heard about it from a friend, i'm glad i bought this. the tea isn't just for one use, you get another steep or 2 out of it. i also use the pot to steep my other loose leaf tea brand. it's very pretty. i bought a second set for a friend. the box and packaging is very nice.
review image
If you are buying this because you love to watch flowering teas or as a novelty gift, it is a great buy. If you are buying this because you actually want to drink the tea, I suggest you find the variety of flowering tea you actually like and then buy it in bulk and not in a gift set and save a lot of money. For the price, you don't get much tea in this set. In addition, only some of the varieties were actually palatable. While they were all beautiful, some of them were downright nasty and I couldn't stand the taste of them.

Again, if you want to give a unique gift this is a good choice. If, however, you are just buying this because you want to drink flowering tea, there are more cost-effective ways to accomplish that.
on November 17, 2014
This is a tiny little tea set, perfect for my mom.

Yes, the teapot is TINY and really fragile and for the price I can understand why people are slightly put off by this but I liked it.

Other people have stated that once you remove the actually outer wrapping the glue will destroy the box surface, but I didn't have that problem. I took my time to slowly peel it off and came out with no imperfection. The top cover is slightly skewed so the lid doesn't align properly when closed shut.

I was slightly disappointed by how the flower bloomed once in the hot water. It didn't sink to the bottom so it just bloomed upside down on the surface. We really couldn't see the flower and if we poked it too much the green parts ripped off making it look like murky seaweed water. The actually taste of the tea was a tad bit strong to the point that it was starting to taste bitter.
on December 26, 2013
This is my first negative review on Amazon. I ordered this as a X-Mas gift for a client. After I ordered, I saw some reviews about missing pieces. I asked my client if any pieces were missing and they said "we did receive the tea, but not the glass teapot." How frustrating. I recommend not purchasing this item until Amazon can confirm all pieces are in stock.

After contacting support I was offered a pre-paid return label (not possible as gift was already opened and used by the time I found out the pot was missing) or a 20% refund. I have never had a bad experience with Amazon - unfortunately the first one had to be with business clients.

I feel that a full refund is in order - especially to the other 1-star reviewers with similar problems.
on April 7, 2014
Broke within two days of my opening it up. I wasn't particularly careless with it, either, I just set it down on the counter as I would set down a glass mug or teacup.

It brewed a brilliant pot of tea, but I didn't even get to finish the tea that came with it. It's a fragile piece of garbage. The tea that comes with it is tasty, so I'd recommend buying that elsewhere, but do not get this pot. It will break, and you will be sad.

I thought I was getting a bargain on a glass teapot and flowering tea... well, it goes to show that you get what you pay for.
on March 28, 2014
I wanted a small clear glass teapot with a lid. This teapot This is exactly what I wanted. The box and tea flowers were a much appreciated added bonus. I'm having fun with the tea flowers. They look more like long strands of seaweed than flowers, but it's fun to watch them expand, and more important - I like the taste enough that I may order more tea flowers.

I pour the tea into PRAGUE Double Walled Heatproof Glass Mug with Stainless Steel tea strainer infuser & lid, 300 ml, 10 fl. oz capacity. Steeps and keeps tea hot. to strain out the flowers and leaves. Even tho they aren't a set, the teapot's glass lid fits perfectly on the mug which helps keep the tea in the mug hot while I slowly sip it. Before filling the teapot with boiling water I fill it with the hottest tap water, then I pour the boiling water over a spoon. I've put both thru the dishwasher several times with no problem.

The little box with the hinged lid is cute. It's about 10 inches long, 8 inches wide, 5 inches deep. I'm filling it with toys and games for an 8 year old boy.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 17, 2015
Beautiful set, but the tea pot is a bit too small. I learned the hard way and would suggest buying a 24 oz tea pot with tea warmer cozy (I am very happy with the Tea Beyond products I found after purchasing this set). I would also suggest buying clear glass tea cups if you do not have glass or china one's in the home already. The right tea pot with warmer, flowering tea and tea cups set a tranquil mood and even help to brighten my day at work (I bought the glass tea cups for work & have china at home). I have one without the warmer at work since we are not allowed open flames in an office building of course, but the tea light candle in that warmer base is a wonderful addition at home. I'm an RN and the right tea helps to melt away my stress :-)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 8, 2017
It is pretty but tastes awful!!! Bought as a present and was very unsatisfied. I would not recommend this product.
on December 14, 2011
I bought this as a gift and opened the box to make sure everything was presentable due to other reviews. I wanted to be sure nothing was cracked and the lid fit. Everything was ok. It was packed for shipping well. Yes, the pot is small, but it is for one person after all. There is a hole at the top of the lid designed to let steam out. That might have been what someone was calling a bubble in the glass. It felt pretty sturdy, but the handles could have been made a little thicker. I was hoping to be able to see or smell the teas, but they are sealed in a box. I am pleasantly surprised that this doesn't have a weird chemical smell to the wood as other mass produced, cheaper items are prone to have. The inside of the gift box is nothing special, just the pot, the box of blossoms, and a bunch of brown confetti-like strips of paper stuffing. The box has this orange/red "leather" stringing it together. I think they could have put in a little more effort and used a natural looking leather or even twine, and displaying the blossoms in the gift box instead of hiding them in a box that looks at home on a grocery shelf. But I am picky. Even though I haven't tried the blossoms, I drink Numi tea myself and I think they are great quality teas. I will probably buy a set for myself soon.
on February 27, 2015
Amazon's product description says that it contains 9 tea blossoms, while the box states that there are a total of 6. There were only 5 in the box that I received. Someone owes me a tea blossom...or 4.

Each was wrapped individually, but the wrappers are in poor shape which makes me question the freshness and quality of the product. Unfortunately, even if the tea tastes great I would probably never buy this product again. Amazon clearly lied, I clearly didn't read the fine print in the photos, but who stole the missing tea blossom?!