Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on June 5, 2016
The box it came in was pretty big, 3 bamboo cases could have fit in it. Inside the case everything is snug and it presents nice. The pot itself feels like borosilicate glass. The lid has a vent hole, so when you pour there is no vacuum. The tea is pretty good. The flowering tea is a little bitter, and some of the blossom don't go well with honey. But I being bitter doesn't bother me, and I don't put sugar in my tea.
My only complaint is that it's too small. But that isn't Numi's fault. Amazon didn't filter it out after I put in my preferences, and I didn't read the entire description. Not the first time this has happened either.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 29, 2014
I would most likely never make another purchase.

Pros:
Some of the teas bloomed nicely and had a great flavor to them. I especially liked the one that smelled and tasted like honeysuckle.

Cons:
One tea bulb looked like it was something rotted in a swamp. Not pretty at all and I discarded the bulb without tasting it for fear it was bad. I've posted photos of what it looked like, even after letting it sit in pot for an hour. You can see it's pretty disgusting looking.

Pods were not labeled, so you had no idea what flavor you were using. I didn't like that.

Pods seems poorly assembled, many had to be poured though a strainer before drinking.

My experiences with blooming teas is that you can reuse the blooms for at least 3 pots of tea. The second pot of tea was so weak that I gave up this notion with this brand.
on April 7, 2014
Broke within two days of my opening it up. I wasn't particularly careless with it, either, I just set it down on the counter as I would set down a glass mug or teacup.

It brewed a brilliant pot of tea, but I didn't even get to finish the tea that came with it. It's a fragile piece of garbage. The tea that comes with it is tasty, so I'd recommend buying that elsewhere, but do not get this pot. It will break, and you will be sad.

I thought I was getting a bargain on a glass teapot and flowering tea... well, it goes to show that you get what you pay for.
on July 25, 2014
This is gorgeous! I had given this out as a gift twice before, so this time I bought one for me. What a pleasant surprise. The tea box is rustic and simple, much better than the many I had seen when browsing around for a tea box. It's rustic, so don't expect a shiny made in china box; this is real. The flowers are tiny and the tea is delicious. The packet comes with a tiny teapot (I was also looking for one, but the reviews always preventing me from buying even the most recommended one - they all had complains of dripping). The teapot is one-cup size, but perfect. You can steep the flower two to three times, for two to three cups of tea.

This is exactly what I was looking for: Delicious blossoming tea, a perfect non-dripping teapot, and a rustic tea box. I am very glad I sent this out as a gift to friends. No wonder they were so thankful for it! :)
on February 17, 2015
Beautiful set, but the tea pot is a bit too small. I learned the hard way and would suggest buying a 24 oz tea pot with tea warmer cozy (I am very happy with the Tea Beyond products I found after purchasing this set). I would also suggest buying clear glass tea cups if you do not have glass or china one's in the home already. The right tea pot with warmer, flowering tea and tea cups set a tranquil mood and even help to brighten my day at work (I bought the glass tea cups for work & have china at home). I have one without the warmer at work since we are not allowed open flames in an office building of course, but the tea light candle in that warmer base is a wonderful addition at home. I'm an RN and the right tea helps to melt away my stress :-)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 8, 2017
It is pretty but tastes awful!!! Bought as a present and was very unsatisfied. I would not recommend this product.
on December 14, 2011
I bought this as a gift and opened the box to make sure everything was presentable due to other reviews. I wanted to be sure nothing was cracked and the lid fit. Everything was ok. It was packed for shipping well. Yes, the pot is small, but it is for one person after all. There is a hole at the top of the lid designed to let steam out. That might have been what someone was calling a bubble in the glass. It felt pretty sturdy, but the handles could have been made a little thicker. I was hoping to be able to see or smell the teas, but they are sealed in a box. I am pleasantly surprised that this doesn't have a weird chemical smell to the wood as other mass produced, cheaper items are prone to have. The inside of the gift box is nothing special, just the pot, the box of blossoms, and a bunch of brown confetti-like strips of paper stuffing. The box has this orange/red "leather" stringing it together. I think they could have put in a little more effort and used a natural looking leather or even twine, and displaying the blossoms in the gift box instead of hiding them in a box that looks at home on a grocery shelf. But I am picky. Even though I haven't tried the blossoms, I drink Numi tea myself and I think they are great quality teas. I will probably buy a set for myself soon.
on November 8, 2017
I am a tea drinker and this collection is really terrible. They all smell and taste the same, very bland, poor quality. Very disappointed, since Numi usually makes good teas, and are not cheap. This particular product seems "gimmicky"
on November 17, 2014
This is a tiny little tea set, perfect for my mom.

Yes, the teapot is TINY and really fragile and for the price I can understand why people are slightly put off by this but I liked it.

Other people have stated that once you remove the actually outer wrapping the glue will destroy the box surface, but I didn't have that problem. I took my time to slowly peel it off and came out with no imperfection. The top cover is slightly skewed so the lid doesn't align properly when closed shut.

I was slightly disappointed by how the flower bloomed once in the hot water. It didn't sink to the bottom so it just bloomed upside down on the surface. We really couldn't see the flower and if we poked it too much the green parts ripped off making it look like murky seaweed water. The actually taste of the tea was a tad bit strong to the point that it was starting to taste bitter.
on November 27, 2012
If you're looking for a quick and easy gift for a coworker, this is your product. If you were looking for something to give to a loved one for function and beauty, this is likely going to miss the mark. It's in our nature to look for gifts that appear to cost much more than you paid, but this isn't one of those products- it looks like you spent slightly less than what you would pay for here. The pot is very small, the flowering teas very unsubstantial, and without really upselling this to the person you're giving it to, they may never even take it out of the box. It makes so little tea that you couldn't possibly use it when you have company over- the blooms aren't even large enough to inspire conversation.

Overall, very disappointing. After buying one for each of my grandmothers and one for myself, I really wish I had spent the money on something else.