Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 29, 2014
I would most likely never make another purchase.

Pros:
Some of the teas bloomed nicely and had a great flavor to them. I especially liked the one that smelled and tasted like honeysuckle.

Cons:
One tea bulb looked like it was something rotted in a swamp. Not pretty at all and I discarded the bulb without tasting it for fear it was bad. I've posted photos of what it looked like, even after letting it sit in pot for an hour. You can see it's pretty disgusting looking.

Pods were not labeled, so you had no idea what flavor you were using. I didn't like that.

Pods seems poorly assembled, many had to be poured though a strainer before drinking.

My experiences with blooming teas is that you can reuse the blooms for at least 3 pots of tea. The second pot of tea was so weak that I gave up this notion with this brand.
on February 13, 2015
i love this! used it right away. i heard about it from a friend, i'm glad i bought this. the tea isn't just for one use, you get another steep or 2 out of it. i also use the pot to steep my other loose leaf tea brand. it's very pretty. i bought a second set for a friend. the box and packaging is very nice.
review image
If you are buying this because you love to watch flowering teas or as a novelty gift, it is a great buy. If you are buying this because you actually want to drink the tea, I suggest you find the variety of flowering tea you actually like and then buy it in bulk and not in a gift set and save a lot of money. For the price, you don't get much tea in this set. In addition, only some of the varieties were actually palatable. While they were all beautiful, some of them were downright nasty and I couldn't stand the taste of them.

Again, if you want to give a unique gift this is a good choice. If, however, you are just buying this because you want to drink flowering tea, there are more cost-effective ways to accomplish that.
on January 19, 2014
Ordered this for a family gift at Christmas. The packaging was beautiful and unique, we couldn't wait to try it! That's where the experience went south.... In hindsight, one issue makes perfect sense however the second is a total misrepresentation.

#1 - It's tea, and it will not be clear so you can't see the bloom with any sort of clarity. I should have realized this before so this is a "my bad" expectation. For the pot show the flowering tea pod like the advertisement you won't be drinking tea, just cold water.

#2 - The colors and appearance of the pods that came with the set were nowhere near the brilliance and vibrance shown in the photos on the box or the online description. Even when the tea was poured out and clear water poured in, the opened pods looked more like a "dead, rotten siamese fighting fish" in a small jar than a beautiful flowering bloom! (My wife's description which pretty much explains how the gift went over.). Dull army-jeep green dangling things with muggy off-pink filaments and the whole thing floating sideways on the top of the pot.

As I said, all this makes perfect sense if you stop to think before you make it. I just didn't, I believed the pictures. All-in-all, beautiful, impressive looking packaging but disappointing presentation when used. I would never buy this for anyone I expect to see again with any frequency...
on June 11, 2016
How does Moses make his tea? Hebrews it! Actually, that's not true. Moses gave up tea, 'cause the caffeine affected his athletic career. But he had to give that up too after God said unto him, 'Come Forth”, but he came third and was disqualified for cheating. Moses then decided to try coffee and spent 40 years in the wilderness looking for a decent Starbucks. Finally he returned to his first love, parted the Red Tea, and lead his followers to the Promised Land of Pekoe. Don't get upset. I'm only teasing.
on November 17, 2014
This is a tiny little tea set, perfect for my mom.

Yes, the teapot is TINY and really fragile and for the price I can understand why people are slightly put off by this but I liked it.

Other people have stated that once you remove the actually outer wrapping the glue will destroy the box surface, but I didn't have that problem. I took my time to slowly peel it off and came out with no imperfection. The top cover is slightly skewed so the lid doesn't align properly when closed shut.

I was slightly disappointed by how the flower bloomed once in the hot water. It didn't sink to the bottom so it just bloomed upside down on the surface. We really couldn't see the flower and if we poked it too much the green parts ripped off making it look like murky seaweed water. The actually taste of the tea was a tad bit strong to the point that it was starting to taste bitter.
on January 21, 2017
Only 5 blossoms were included although the product promised 6. I received two lavender dream blossoms and two golden jasmine blossoms. I did not receive the sunset oolong or jasmine lovers. The glass teapot came with a small crack below the handle so the water leaked when I first used it.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on November 29, 2015
Very small, very fragile, teapot for steeping only. The flowers don't fully open & they float. Not much like the ad pics at all. I'd feel better about this set at $10.
review imagereview image
on December 26, 2013
This is my first negative review on Amazon. I ordered this as a X-Mas gift for a client. After I ordered, I saw some reviews about missing pieces. I asked my client if any pieces were missing and they said "we did receive the tea, but not the glass teapot." How frustrating. I recommend not purchasing this item until Amazon can confirm all pieces are in stock.

After contacting support I was offered a pre-paid return label (not possible as gift was already opened and used by the time I found out the pot was missing) or a 20% refund. I have never had a bad experience with Amazon - unfortunately the first one had to be with business clients.

I feel that a full refund is in order - especially to the other 1-star reviewers with similar problems.
on April 7, 2014
Broke within two days of my opening it up. I wasn't particularly careless with it, either, I just set it down on the counter as I would set down a glass mug or teacup.

It brewed a brilliant pot of tea, but I didn't even get to finish the tea that came with it. It's a fragile piece of garbage. The tea that comes with it is tasty, so I'd recommend buying that elsewhere, but do not get this pot. It will break, and you will be sad.

I thought I was getting a bargain on a glass teapot and flowering tea... well, it goes to show that you get what you pay for.