Nurses: If Florence Could See Us Now
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
It is hard to find a person whose life has not been touched by a nurse, yet how much do we know about these people we let into some of the most intimate, joyful and difficult moments of the human experience? This film offers a rare look into the complex, exciting and challenging world of being a nurse. It explores what it means to be a nurse, the many different roles that nurses play, from the bedside to the board room, and the realities of nursing - its joys and sorrows and the many ways that nurses impact the lives of others. Over 100 nurses from across the country were interviewed for this film. Their stories will move you to laughter and to tears.
- Karen Daley, PhD, MPH, RN, FAAN - President, American Nurses Association (ANA)
- Marilyn Chow, RN, DNSc, FAAN - Vice President, National Patient Care Services, Kaiser Permanente
- Donna Nickitas,PhD, R, NEA-BC, CNE, FAAN - Professor, Hunter College, City University of New York Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing - Editor Nursing Economics
- Ann Marie Brooks, RN, DNSc, MBA, FAAN, FACHE - VP Patient Care Services, Riddle Hospital, Main Line Health
- John Fassett, MS, CNM - Certified Nurse Mid-Wife, OBGYN Associates of San Francisco
- Mary Dee Hacker, MBA, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN - VP Patient Care Services/CNO, Children's Hospital Los Angeles
- Patricia Reid-Pointe, RN, DNSc, FAAN, NEA-BC - CNO, Sr. Vice President Patient Care Services, Dada Farber Cancer Instituteb
- Roy Simpson, DNP, RN, DPNAP, FAAN- Vice President Nursing Informatics, Cerner Corporation.
- Jonathan and Laurie Reunion - 5 years since the moment that changed their lives
- Extended Interview with Marla Weston - CEO, American Nurses Association (ANA)
- Alayna Davis, RN - Helps her patient get married
- Interview with Kathy Douglas, RN, Film Director
Packaged in a 100% Certified Green Forestry Practices DVD Wallet
This Home Video DVD is licensed for private personal use only, with no public performance rights.
This was the most incredible depiction of nursing that I've ever seen. --Paula Dycus, DNP, RN, Tennessee Nurses Association member
A heart-felt, beautiful representation of nursing, and it made me proud. --Barbara Brewer, PhD, RN, Arizona Nurses Association member
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It makes you proud to be a nurse! NURSING.....it is what we do!!