- Series: Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exam
- Paperback: 396 pages
- Publisher: Kaplan Publishing; Sixth edition (August 12, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1618656023
- ISBN-13: 978-1618656025
- Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 0.9 x 10.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 3.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (115 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#90,250 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #139 in Books > Education & Teaching > Higher & Continuing Education > Test Preparation > College Entrance
- #141 in Books > Textbooks > Medicine & Health Sciences > Nursing > Test Preparation & Review
- #166 in Books > Education & Teaching > Higher & Continuing Education > Test Preparation > Professional > Nursing
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Nursing School Entrance Exams (Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exam) Sixth Edition Sixth Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
About the Author
Since 1982, Kaplan Nursing has been providing the nation’s leading NCLEX-RN® Examination Review. Led by experienced nurse educators, Kaplan Nursing prepares thousands and thousands of nursing students for the NCLEX-RN® examination each year. With our focus on industry-leading service, great value, and ease of use, we provide benchmark and predictive testing for both RN and PN/VN programs. For more information, visit us at kaplannursing.com.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
1) the 8th edition is black and white only (including all the graphics); the 7th edition has color graphics, which can be helpful when studying scientific concepts.
2) The printed material in both editions is almost verbatim the same. The difference: the 8th edition uses a slightly bigger spacing between lines, which makes the book more pages.
Bottom line: Buy the 7th edition. It's cheaper and better quality. Kaplan downgraded the graphics and re-used the material from the 7th edition just so they could release a "New" 8th version and charge more money for it.
The writing section on the test asks basic "what word is redundant", "where should this sentence be added" type questions. The science section only focuses on physiology, so the book review doesn't even cover what is on the test, as it doesn't review beyond high school level biology and chemistry. These 2 sections I scored the lowest in, because I hadn't reviewed for them...
So, that leaves the math and reading sections in the book for review. The book covers through geometry, which has always been difficult for me, the test only asks very basic questions using add/subtract/multiply/divide fractions and decimals. There are some word questions, but it was very basic pre-algebra math. The reading section in the book was actually very similar, if not harder than the test itself.
It's been a couple years since I took the TEAS test, but I feel like the study guide for the TEAS may have been more relevant for this test.
I realize that this book is now several years old, but even taking the test two years ago these errors were relevant. I am not sure if these issues have been addressed in the newer version of this book, and I do not have a better book to recommend offhand, but I am strongly opposed to this book based on the fact that it was more hurtful than helpful to me in preparing for the DAT.