Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Nurturing the Family: The Guide for Postpartum Doulas
Format: Paperback|Change

on July 22, 2014
First book I read when deciding to become a Postpartum Doula. Wonderfully written, honest and inspiring. I realized I was on the right track. Good for anyone wanting to support a new baby and family.
on March 3, 2015
Nurturing the Family is an easy breezy introduction to the role of the postpartum doula. It touches on all topics related to becoming a postpartum doula, including purchasing liability insurance and how to market oneself.
on January 4, 2013
This guide will come as a great reference with my clients in the future. Although all of the context wasn't extremely detailed, I did really like all of the lists included. There are great guidelines for things to cover with mamas and the rest of family; a list of how to prepare for your interviews; and tons of resources for more information. My favorite part is a list at the back that touches on every type of contact you should make and resources you should try to build. I would encourage new doulas to pick this book up as a little helper to keep in their doula bag!
on June 26, 2007
If you want to learn more about what it means to be a postpartum doula and how to go about doing it, then this is the book you need. This book closely mirrors the DONA postpartum doula training, so it is a great introduction for those thinking about embarking on this career. I found the book asked the right questions to get me thinking about what kind of doula I want to be. Everything from personal boundaries, setting up your business, marketing, and meeting prospective clients is included.
on March 22, 2014
Very helpful and easy to read. I an happy to have this resource for my postpartum business. It is really the only one out there.
on March 12, 2013
Clearly and concisely written. Jackie is experienced and shares this helpful experience in her book. Organized well for a quick read and quick reference. A great reference book for the postpartum doula.
on October 23, 2013
Great for any Doulas in training I found it to be a good guide in how to run a doula business and the importance of having a doula for the postpartum period.
on July 11, 2016
I'm required to read this for my Doula certification. Super quick and easy read. I was done in two days. Very understanding and informative.
on September 7, 2015
Every Grandma-to-be can benefit with this perspective of her role to be truly useful in the new-family home, with several additional chapters for pros.
on January 23, 2013
I am a mother of 2 and while I've hired a birth doula, I've never hired or worked as a postpartum doula before. However, I knew most of the information in this book. Still, it was an easy quick read and gave me the confidence to figure out the next steps I need to take to become a postpartum doula. I just wish postpartum doula classes were easier to find!