- Product Dimensions: 5.1 x 5.1 x 6.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B00KRFLDBS
- UPC: 692752105524 620023159587
- Item model number: RFC603W
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (516 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,441 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
|Price:||$21.00 ($0.39 / Fl Oz) Amazon Prime | Fast, FREE Shipping with|
Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil, Refined, 54 Ounce
- Has a higher smoke point than virgin coconut oil, meaning you can cook at hotter temperatures
- Neutral scent and flavor, versus virgin coconut oil which smells and tastes distinctly like coconut
- Contains 63% medium chain triglycerides and 50% lauric acid
- Made through a steam refining process, absolutely no chemicals used
- USDA Organic and Non GMO Project Verified
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Nutiva. Nurture Vitality.
Nutiva is one of the world’s leading brand of organic coconut, chia, hemp, and red palm superfoods.
- Always organic & non-GMO.
- B Corp and Green Business Certified.
- 1% of sales donated to sustainable agriculture. $3 million+ to date.
- Reducing carbon footprint and becoming a zero waste facility.
Nutiva Refined Coconut Oil
One of the best Coconut Oil Brand in the US
Nutiva’s Organic Refined Coconut Oil is an excellent all-purpose oil with a neutral flavor and scent. Our organic, chemical-free refining process uses steam to create a creamy oil with the benefits of medium chain triglycerides, as well as lauric and caprylic acids. With a higher smoke point than virgin coconut oil, refined coconut oil is extremely versatile for cooking and baking. The neutral scent of this oil makes it great for body and hair care recipes—simply add any essential oil to create a great smelling moisturizer or hair mask.
- 50% Lauric Acid & 62% Medium Chain Triglycerides
- USDA Organic & Non-GMO
- No chemicals used in steam-refining process
Healthful, dairy free all-purpose cooking oil. A neutral scent and flavor makes this oil great for all cooking recipes. May be used for cooking up to 400 degrees.
An excellent dairy and cholesterol free replacement for butter and a great way to add MCTs to your favorite cookies, cakes and pies. Refined coconut oil has no scent or flavor so it's perfect for when a coconut flavor is not desired.
Body and Hair Care
Natural, chemical free, and neutral-scented skin moisturizer, shaving cream, and eye makeup remover. Combine with coconut sugar and essential oil to produce an exfoliating scrub. Use as a deep conditioning hair mask to repair dry and damaged hair.
Supplement and Oral Care
Contains 50% lauric acid and 62% medium chain triglycerides. Consume 1-3 tablespoon of coconut oil daily for a healthy supplement. Swish 1 tablespoon of Nutiva Refined Coconut Oil around your mouth for 20 minutes daily for healthy gums and teeth.
Coconut is one of the world's most nourishing superfoods. This excellent all-purpose oil is great for sautéing, baking, and body care. Unlike other companies that use chemicals, Nutiva Refined Coconut Oil is made though a steam refining process. Absolutely no chemicals are used! The benefit of refined coconut oil is that it has a higher smoke point than virgin coconut oil. You can cook with it at up to 400°F (versus 350°F for virgin coconut oil). It also has a neutral scent and flavor (versus virgin coconut oil which has a distinct coconut smell and flavor). This makes it ideal for recipes where a coconut flavor is not desired. Refined Coconut Oil and Virgin Coconut Oil have 63% Medium Chain Triglycerides and 50% Lauric Acid.
Size: 54 Ounce
0 GM TRANS FAT (FROM FAT)
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
Nutiva Organic Refined Coconut Oil makes a healthy (non-hydrogenated, non-GMO and hexane free) way to achieve tender, flaky homemade crusts and cookies. The higher smoke temperature makes this refined oil ideal for both baking and sautéing (400F vs. 350F for OEVCO).
[I made two double batches of banana muffins with this product. One uses half butter and half refined coconut oil. The other uses just the refined oil (pictured in cupcake liners). They turned out nearly the same--moist, light and fluffy instead of dense and dry].
Oral Health ("Oil Pulling"):
The refined oil is smoother and creamier than OEVCO. Still, my mouth doesn't feel as clean as it usually does after oil pulling. I do like how the neutral taste/smell makes it easier for me to keep swishing for the recommended 15-20 minutes.
Hair and Body Treatments:
I make lotion, lip balm and hair conditioner out of organic coconut oil. The refined oil feels lighter than OEVCO. It's easier to apply and is not so greasy. I also enjoy taking a break from smelling like coconut.
Note: Though refined coconut oil has less phytonutrients than what is found in OEVCO (antioxidizing polyphenols get damaged during the heating process), Nutriva has made a deodorized coconut oil that has the same amount of Medium Chain Triglycerides (63%) and Lauric Acid (50%) as its extra virgin counterpart.
Nutiva's steam refining process (in lieu of using chemicals) clearly makes this a better refined product.
The Coconut Oil Miracle book is worth a read (or at least a skim; it’s very repetitive) – it may be responsible for a good part of the resurgence in coconut oil sales. I think everyone would agree by now that not all fats are equal, and the medium chain saturated fatty acids in coconut oil are definitely a world apart from the longer unsaturated fats found in conventional vegetable oil. One of the most interesting aspects for me is that unsaturated fat in vegetable oil can generate free radicals when exposed to high heat during extraction (i.e. those oils not labeled as “cold-pressed” or “expeller-pressed”) or high-temperature cooking or even just prolonged storage. These free radicals can cause aging and cancer. If you use regular vegetable oil (or seed oils like sunflower, canola, etc.) it’s best to store it in the fridge to avoid oxidation, or at least in a cool place away from light – their shelf life is actually less than a year once opened. Because coconut oil is high in saturated fat it’s actually slow to oxidize and therefore stable for longer than vegetable oils.
Sustainability: Organic coconut oil has a significantly lower environmental impact than soy or corn oil grown in the US.Read more ›
*** Using Nutiva Refined Oil instead of Nutiva Virgin Oil ***
1. It's still USDA Organic
2. It's still Non-GMO
3. It's still High-Quality
4. NO coconut smell or flavor (We were actually getting tired of all of our food having a slight coconut flavor, and the house smelling like coconut, every time we cooked with the virgin oil. Now with the refined oil, all of our food tastes normal again and does not have a coconut scent to it. That being said, this is a huge plus!)
1. No coconut smell or flavor (if that's something you want to have, be sure to buy the virgin oil!)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Does not leave the taste of coconut in food but it wasn't as healthy as I thought after further review.Published 23 hours ago by Hammerton
Great for frying, baking and soap making. Wish I'd bought several gallons at the price I paid as it's gone up considerably since this purchase.Published 1 day ago by R. N.
I love this coconut oil for baking and cooking when I do not want that coconut taste.Published 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
It's the normal quality coconut oil and was very good for the price, but it was INCREDIBLY hard to open. Worth wrestling with for the price, but be prepared to use your muscles.Published 2 days ago by Tianna A.
Good quality!! I haven't noticed a big difference vs any other coconut oil I've used...I cook and use it for beauty...so excited to find this in bulk so cheap!!Published 3 days ago by Alissa