Nutri-Vet Hip & Joint for dogs Peanut Butter Flavor Glucosamine Wafers 166 mg, 20 pound box
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Dog treats that include medical benefits; 20-pound box
- Supports joint health
- 166 mg of Glucosamine per biscuit
- Medium peanut butter flavor biscuits for all sizes and breeds
- Please read all label information on delivery
Customers also shopped for
Hip & Joint Peanut Butter Flavor Medium Dog Biscuits formula is specially developed to provide natural nutrients that support optimal functioning of joints and connective tissue to help dogs stay active members of the family and enjoy life to the fullest. Biscuits make it easy for pet owners to provide standardized and accurate amounts of glucosamine hydrochloride and Ester-C without having to change foods, force pills or powder foods. Our biscuits are baked hard and crunchy to help promote strong teeth and healthy gums. Convenient biscuits that your dog will love also help clean teeth and freshen breath. Feed one biscuit per day for each 25 lbs of body weight.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I started giving him two biscuits in the morning and two in the evening each day (one biscuit for each 25 pounds). Within six weeks he was acting like a happy tail pup again-- no limping, no wincing, no stiffness. Even the vet was pleasantly surprised at how well he is doing. The surgery is postponed indefinitely.
This product comes in a big cardboard shipping carton with a sturdy plastic moisture proof and insect proof bag, not a garbage bag. It is perfect for safely storing the biscuits that don't fit into the "cookie jar" on the counter top.
*** update ***
My latest order arrived today (July 20 2010) and the biscuits inside the cardboard carton were in a cheesy garbage bag! With a hole in it! The biscuits, however, were very fresh and yummy smelling so I transferred them to airtight containers for storage.
*** update march 2012 ***
While taste and effectiveness of the product seem the same, there have been problems with the last two shipments. The biscuits arrived each time in a carton without any bag and were massively broken to bits. Less than a third of the biscuits were whole each time. This is unacceptable considering the
huge (more than double!) price increase. I am looking elsewhere for a new supplemental product. +2 stars for the product, -3 for poor packaging and too fragile biscuits.
I am currently feeding The Great Doberhound Happy Hips Dogswell Happy Hips for Dogs, Chicken & Oats Dry Dog Food, 22.5-Pound Bag and he is thriving.
- we have 2 old Australian Shepherds (15 and 16 at this point) who have been active their entire lives and keeping their joints in good shape is central to their happiness, they are not the kind of dogs content to stay inside and immobile all day
- they're picky (especially the younger of the two, Abby) and we have not been able to find any other joint treats or tablets that she would not either spit out or refuse to even put in her mouth
- they LOVE these treats, we joke that they're like 'crack' to Abby because she gets all jazzed and wide-eyed when she sees us going for them, and she's not the begging type!
- they have a good crunch but aren't too hard for our aging dogs teeth or jaws to handle comfortably-- they're also not too hard to break up into several smaller pieces for when we go on walks: each corner of the bone breaks off easily and then the center can be broken in half from there, giving you 6 smaller treats
- they keep well and are affordable-- we store them in a giant tin that we got from a pet food store years ago, it's very similar to the type of small-trash-can sized tins that popcorn is sometimes sold in by boy-scout troops or around the holidays and they last well that way and don't get stale or crumble
They each get about 2-3 of these per day and they're roughly 50lb dogs. I really feel that these have made a difference in the amount of joint stiffness and trembling for both of our dogs and will continue to buy them for the rest of their lives.
When she gets these treats regularly (morning and night) she rarely limps, and sometimes hops around like a puppy. However, if we run out of them and she doesn't get them for a couple days, she starts limping and it is hard for her to get up and down the steps in the motorhome.
When I get my 20 pound box, I break it down into zip lock bags (gallon size). When I open the last bag, I order another box.
Most recent customer reviews