Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 128 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 146 reviews
on October 1, 2014
I've tried numerous high protein (approximately 1g/10Cal) cereals, and I rate this one as amazing, 5/5 stars. I eat all my cereals with skim milk. You shouldn't eat too much soy protein, but as I only eat cereal in the morning, and it's my only source of soy protein, I don't knock stars for doing what every high protein cereal I've tried has done.

Taste - 5/5
-I love the taste of this cereal. You definitely get the maple flavor, and it's not overpowering or fake. With milk, this cereal becomes soft, but not too soft (though that might be because I eat it so quickly). This is by far the best tasting high protein cold cereal I've tried, and I recommend trying it on taste alone.

Texture - 4/5
-The texture is fine for cereal, but I typically like more of a crunch in my cereal. This cereal is not too soft, and not too crunchy, somewhere right in the middle. If it sits too long in milk, it will become soggy (like all cereals), but I don't really have that problem. One thing to note is that about half of the pieces sink rather than float in the cereal (i.e., the cereal will be at the bottom covered by a layer of milk).

Nutrition - 5/5
-I'm giving this is a 5/5 on nutrition despite using soy protein. For someone who eats a lot of soy, that could be a concern, but cereal is the only source of soy I have all day. The protein ratio is absurdly amazing: 12g/90Cal. It is nearly impossible to find a cereal that meets my golden ratio (1g/10Cal), let alone one that exceeds it. I also appreciate the high fiber content in this cereal. The overall nutrition profile for how good this cereal tastes is simply amazing.

Serving Size - 3.5/5
-I like to eat a lot of food, and unfortunately this cereal prevents me from doing that. I eat 100g of cereal each morning, and this one barely fills up a half bowl. I've combated this problems by adding other cereals that take up space (e.g., Kay's Naturals Gluten Free French Vanilla Protein Cereal, 9.5-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)), but this is basically my only complaint.

TL;DR: I love this cereal, and if you're looking for a protein packed, healthy cereal, buy this one now. I usually only buy it when it's under $5.28 w/o subscribe and save.
on March 28, 2016
I really did not like this cereal. It's very, very sweet and also has a really strong maple flavor - couldn't taste any pecan flavor at all, just extremely sweet, overpowering maple. And if that weren't enough to turn me away from this product, it turns to mush in the bowl. Before I'd eaten half my breakfast, the cereal was just a mess of mushy, grainy junk in my bowl. And I didn't take two hours for breakfast - the cereal goes to mush in about ten minutes or less. Maybe it's what some people want....but definitely not me.
on March 31, 2008
Hi-Lo Maple Pecan Low Carb Cereal is THE BEST low-carb cereal I have found in 8 years of living a low-carb lifestyle. If it didn't say "Low-Carb" on the box, you would never know it was a low-carb cereal; the flavor is better than many of the usual grocery store cereals that are loaded with carbs and sugar.

Although I have tried the other flavors of Hi-Lo Low Carb cereals, this flavor is my personal favorite (the others are also very good, but I am a sucker for maple - the maple flavor in this cereal is excellent). The cereal contains both flakes and puffed crunchy pieces similar to Rice Krispies as well as chunks of pecans.

I enjoy this cereal with Hood's Calorie Countdown 2% Dairy Beverage (used to be called Hood's Carb Countdown), or with heavy cream if the Hood's is unavailable. I also enjoy it dry as a healthy between-meal snack.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this product for anyone living a low-carb lifestyle.
on April 16, 2017
This is a great treat for anyone on a ketogenic or low carb diet - I would not recommend as a daily thing, but it's great when you're craving cereal. The taste is perfect!
on March 4, 2017
Exceeded my expectations! Good flavor, great texture! Perfect for the Keto diet!
on October 10, 2014
I tried this cereal as an unknown product. I was not disappointed! The great maple flavor makes eating this a pleasure. I bought this because it is a low-carb product. I would definitely repurchase!
on January 22, 2015
I really like this cereal. I sometimes add blueberries to it after measuring out 2 ounces of cereal. I find 1 ounce is not sufficiently filling.
on March 8, 2017
I could eat this all day every day!! They need to add MORE cereal in that tiny box!!!
on November 6, 2009
I really like this cereal,
It is delicious,
and great while I'm on Dr. Atkins diet!

More products like these are needed, so you don't feel deprived of tasty treats,
while still loosing weight.

Highly recommend, you won't be dissapointed :)
VINE VOICEon October 8, 2009
Sweetened with sucralose, this is a terrific cereal for low-carb enthusiasts. Actually, Hi-Lo Pecan Low Carb cereal is a little too sweet for my taste (though that won't bother those of you with a sweet tooth), though the unsweetened pecans even things out a little. In the end, it's great to be able to have a decent serving of cereal here and there with minimal impact to my daily carb intake. Two or three bowls of Hi-Lo during the course of the week has had zero negative impact on my Atkins weight control program; in fact, I may have to eat a few more bowls each week, as I've reached my weight goal and don't really need to lose anymore! Enjoy this cereal- with some naturally low carb half and half- and you'll see the benefits of Atkins without craving an old standby like cereal in your diet.