Row a boat rigged better than your competition
The most comprehensive book on rowing equipment and rigging techniques ever written, The Nuts and Bolts Guide to Rigginghas long been the go-to guide for rowing coaches, rowing athletes, and self-taught individuals who want to improve their skills and get the most they can from their equipment and the sport.
Written by expert rowing coach Mike Davenport, Ed.D, The Nuts and Bolts Guide to Riggingoffers a full 444 pages of top-level advice presented in simple, easy-to-understand and step-by-step methods, with over 100 illustrations that demystify the sport.
A 4 + star rating on GoodReads!
Get the Most from Your Rigging and Rowing Equipment
The Nuts and Bolts Guide to Rigging teaches you the mechanics, theories, and realities of rowing equipment and rigging, including how to use rowing equipment correctly and safely. You’ll also discover insider secrets to getting the most out of your rigging and rowing equipment, and much more…
- The best ways to buy and use rigging tools
- How to rig almost any type of rowing equipment
- How to identifying rigging problems and solving them quickly
- How to buy, store, and maintain your rowing equipment
- Methods to find your perfect rigging numbers
This go-to guide also teaches you hundreds of ways to get the most from your rowing equipment, including:
- How to use the right tools, the right way
- How to easily decipher rigging measurements
- How to prepare your equipment for practices and races
- The ins and outs of buying new or used boats
- Insider designs to make your own rowing tools
- The best ways to quickly adjust your measurements
- Finding the right rigging numbers for you
Whether you’re a sweep rower, a sculler, a rowing coach, or a self-taught individual learning the ropes, the Nuts and Bolts Guide to Rigging provides useful tricks and expert advice to anyone who wants to maximize the results they get from their rowing equipment – without having to spend tons of money or invest tons of time.
Expert Knowledge in Simple, Clear Terms
The comprehensive guide breaks down rigging and rowing equipment concepts into simple terms, step-by-step methods, and easy-to-understand explanations anyone can use, in 3 major modules:
- Rigging Concepts – the basics of rowing, rigging, and rowing equipment
- Rigging Specifics – detailed explanations of rigging, including the physics of rowing, as well as major and minor adjustments that can and should be made to your equipment
- Rigging Extras – immense problems and how to avoid them, while enhancing rowing equipment rigging
Save Thousands with This Go-To Guide
New rowing equipment costs thousands of dollars – and that amount doesn’t include maintenance or small repairs. The Nuts and Bolts Guide to Rigging helps you take care of your investment so you can get the most out of your equipment.
Find out how to rig and use your boat the right way, discover easy maintenance tips, and learn how to make small repairs that help save thousands of dollars. You’ll increase your knowledge and skills, as well as your independence, so you can spend more practice time on the water.
The Nuts and Bolts Guide to Rigging is available in both handy paperback format and convenient Kindle download.