|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||0.03 x 15 x 4.75 inches|
|Item model number||SF77/488|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||Yes|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Type of Bulb||Outdoor Wall Fixture|
|Plug Format||A- US style|
|Special Features||Voltage, Wattage, Base|
|Warranty Description||1 year limited.|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Nuvo Lighting SF77/488 Two Light Outdoor Heavy Duty Cast Aluminum Durable Weather Proof Security Flood Light, White
|Sale:||$35.99 & FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
Discount Provided by Amazon.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Nuvo Lighting is uniquely, poised to become one of the industry’s leaders. With the sales and distribution resources of Satco products and the continued offering of finely conceived, well crafted products that deliver style, value and quality – Nuvo is a name that will become synonymous with lighting.
From the Manufacturer
Founded in 1966, Satco is well known as a premier supplier of a variety of lighting products. The SATCO brand includes light bulbs, electrical accessories, lighting hardware and glassware. Nuvo Lighting was launched by Satco in 2005. From the beginning, energy efficiency was the cornerstone of Nuvo Lighting's product development. Nuvo provides a unique combination of elegant and innovative designs, which are all energy star rated except the track kits. In 2009, Satco won the energy star partner of the year award. Our distinctive designer collections include Odeon, Lucern, Moulan, Rockport and Glenwood. Our exterior lighting is also energy star rated. In short the Nuvo brand has become synonymous with energy star.
Please check your local laws before purchasing this product.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Installation was straightforward, you will need an outdoor electrical box to attach these lights. I found the screws that attach the fixture to the box were short and had to purchase longer ones. This wasn't a deal breaker, but since I was attaching these under my eaves I was continually dropping the screws trying to secure the fixture to the box. Lastly, for such a simple light, I thought the price was a little excessive (~$35); IMO they should be ~$25, but as long as they last I will have no problems with the purchase.
Once everything was connected and secured, I popped in some PR38 outdoor LEDs and I was good to go. Now my backyard lights up well.
All my other fixtures are mounted directly under the eves which provide SOME protection, but there is ONE location that is out in the open
I needed a longer fixture to get the job done.
All of the reviews suggested that large bulbs would fit just fine, AND the image LOOKED exactly like ONE of my fixtures that WAS the right size
Well - - THIS one was NOT (see attached photo)
Most unfortunate as the construction is quite sturdy and I have no doubt that had it been the right size, all would have been well.
As it is, I can't use it, so it has to go back.
There are 2 screwholes in the coverplate, which are 3.5” apart. My recessed junction box screwholes are 2.75” apart. The coverplate has “knockouts” on the back side, (shown in one attached picture) which are recessed locations for drilling additional screwholes, including ones that are 2.75” apart. The instruction sheet picture assumes that you have a round junction box with 4 mounting holes (2 above and 2 below the centerline). My junction boxes all have 2 mounting holes, directly across from each other on the horizontal centerline. So even if I drilled out 2 more holes in the coverplate, 2.75” apart, the lampholders would then be mounted crooked (on a diagonal).
The fixture is very sturdy, strong metal. In addition to the coverplate and two lampholders, there are 2 screws, 2 locknuts, a gasket, a screw-in plug for the third hole in the coverplate, and 2 thick rubber gaskets to protect the sockets from moisture and debris. The screw-in plug is gray metal instead of painted white. A big plus for this fixture is the ability to lock the position of the lights in any direction with locknuts on the outside of the coverplate (at the base of each lamp arm), and with serrated swivels by loosening a phillips screw (I would have preferred a thumbscrew). So if you have a compatible junction box, this could be a great fixture.
1) There is no mounting plate included to attach to the electrical box, so you have to either use the old one or get one independently.
2) The screw holes for attaching the light base to a mounting plate are too far apart to connect to a standard box mounting plate (the distance should be 2.75 inches) - it turns out there are "punch-outs" on the light base for the correct size, but the wider ones were drilled out by the manufacturer instead. So you have to drill out the alternate set yourself, but now are left with the two original holes which have to be plugged with silicone or something similar to not let water and moisture in.
3) The center of the base plate has a large screw hole opening and the screw plug that is supplied to fit into it is bare metal - not white as it should be, so you either have to paint it or have a silver metal circle in the middle of the light base.
It seems the manufacturer should care to make the easy fixes on an otherwise decent quality Chinese product.
1) previously mentioned by another reviewer - the locknuts (and the center nut) are chrome and not bronze - these really should match the color of the rest of the light
2) also previously mentioned by another reviewer - the mounting plate (the big round part) is slightly different than in the picture - just something to note, but not a real big deal
3) My biggest complaint is that it is a bit difficult to tighten the swivel part of the lamps - if you look at the picture, the screw is on the left side of BOTH lights. It makes getting to the screw on the right light a bit difficult because the left light is in the way. They should have made these in right and left cones so that the screw was on the outside regardless of which size. IN ADDITION, the screw head is very soft and started to get chewed up a bit the very first time I tightened it. I also am not sure how they will hold - didn't give me confidence that they were tight and will hold.
all that being said, it is still a very good light - perhaps a bit expensive, but again, it is all metal with full metal cones.
Top international reviews
Very solid and strong, should last forever if I stay away from it.