Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 51 reviews
on September 12, 2016
Have been waiting to review this! Bought this when my indoor cat somehow got fleas. For about two weeks we tried putting down diatomaceous earth and vacuuming it up. We vacuumed every day for about a month and we were still seeing fleas. Finally, we did some hard and long research on the best chemicals to treat your house for fleas with and we found that in order to successfully stop the cycle of fleas in your home you will need an IGR (Insect Growth Regulator) and an adulticide (we purched Permethrin SFR from another seller on Amazon). That way you have a product that kills the eggs and larvae and a product that kills the adults. We took my kitty to the vet to have a flea bath and sprayed the whole house with a mix of Nyguard and Permethrin SFR. After the first spray, we still saw a few fleas for about a week. Then we decided to mix Nyguard into our carpet shampooer and shampoo with it. Now, about two weeks later we haven't seen any fleas. I remember reading a review for this product that said to give it about two weeks and you will see a difference- that is true! After doing more research on Nyguard, I have learned that not only does it keep the eggs from hatching, but it keeps baby fleas from maturing and being able to bite and reproduce. I will say, I was a little disapointed at the size of the bottle for the price but it got rid of our fleas and we still have a little under half a bottle left over. I would also like to note that on the left hand side where you measure the product, our's was missing it's lid so once we took of the seal, we had to stuff a paper towel in there. Overall, I am so happy with this product and would consider it essential to anyone having a really tough time with fleas. I would also like to say that after dealing with fleas for the second time in a year (my boyfriend had them before this and he called an exterminator) I have learned that the best flea medication for cats is Revolution. I tried Advantage II and they were living like nothing had ever happened. I live in the South where fleas are really bad and have become immune to it. If you thought this review was helpful please let me know by clicking the "helpful" button down below :)
33 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2014
I have a cat and a dog. In early fall I got a flea circus going in my basement that extended to the upstairs of my home. What a stress inducing event it was. I used a product called wisdom from tractor supply at first. And this was when things were only in basement. Worked great for two days. Then bam back again and with a vengeance. I had slacked on spot treating the animals, and with new spot treatments they were clear but what about me??? ON A SIDE NOTE LOOK UP INFO ON USING INCECTICIDES AROUND CATS!!!!!! PLEASE. Most double as a cat spray. Any way after I got the Nygard and mixed it with the Wisdom. Bam!!! Again two days later a little bit of a recurrence but only one or two a day and they did not bite. Just jumped on and fell off. After about two weeks nothing. This stuff works!!! Period. And is mostly safe, read the data sheet before you use it. Works on lots of bugs including roaches. If you have fleas and have tried other stuff try this. There are other IGRs out there but look at the active ingredient % and you will find the value here.
on February 15, 2016
I used this to control bedbugs, mites, fleas, ...everything that was eating us in my brothers apartment! Do not forget to buy Temprid SC Insecticide to compliment this as this is only a growth inhibitor!
on July 4, 2015
Hands down worth every penny. I wasted a couple hundred on tons of those "bombs" and "traps" and random crap from Home Depot.. Does not work. This stuff does the trick in one day. We had a really bad infestation and used this stuff and within 24 hours I couldn't find a flea anywhere to be seen. It's been about a month now and still no fleas to be seen. Best money spent. Will be using this for future needs
on August 29, 2016
Exceeded my expectations in getting rid and controlling roaches! Great insecticide!
on October 13, 2016
Worked great on ticks and silverfish.
on March 6, 2017
Spend the money i mix this with water and spray for flea prevetion its so much more affordable than aerosol and it works
on May 22, 2017
This stuff works wonders. We routinely spray for pests on our two acre property and have had no issues since starting to use this product
on October 7, 2016
This product is great for control of cockroaches and very simple to use.
on August 1, 2017
NyGuard is a fantastic mix-in to your standard insect genocide slurry. I crushed a flea uprising in one treatment with this guy on board.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.