Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Gifts for Him hggv216 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,278 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on May 8, 2012
Nyko keeps showing us that even though they make great products, there's always room for improvement.

I have two of these. The first version, which I bought long ago, has the two big lights you see on some of the pictures. Those lights turn red while charging and green once fully charged; and eventually go off if you leave the controllers in it, which is basically what this unit does, it provides a charging and organizing solution for controllers.

Now, the unit presently being sold at amazon is the newest version of the product I just described above, with some changes and a great addition. The unit now has a USB port on the front. You can use it to charge the 360 wireless headset and/or any USB base electronic (PS3 controller, cellphone, etc). The charger remains plugged to your AC outlet, but it does not drain energy, unless you are charging controllers or USB devices.

The charging indicator has been change, it no longer has the two LED lights, it now has two controller graphics on it, each marked as 1 & 2, to indicate wich controller is being charged, one front, two rear. They each have a small light that again, turns from red to green to off.

You get the following: the charger, two rechargeable batteries and instructions. Basic, yet extremely useful. This charger is great for any level gamer, the fact that you can drop & forget, is a great feature. No power buttons to worry about. Nothing.

Get this charger, you will get your money's worth in no time. The addition of the USB port was a pleasant surprise. I didn't know it had it until I got my charger. Nyko makes such good products that I didn't even bother reading the description before I bought it.

One more thing, Nyko has a great customer support team, I have dealt with them numerous times, not because of faulty products, but for my own needs (extra batteries, PS3 connectors, etc) and they were always helpful and resolved my issues quickly and with little effort on my part, so in the rare case that you should need technical assitance, I'm sure they will help you in a heartbeat.

I am a Nyko fan/supporter and will remain so as long as they stay in business. I have two 360 chargers, the PS3 move and controller charger and they Wii charging stations, all of them have done a great job without any problems.

There will always be negative reviews, but I can honestly tell you, I haven't had any problems so far. Some people have to understand, sometimes faulty products go through quality inspections, and that applies to anything you buy nowadays, but in this case, if you receive a faulty Nyko product, do your part, call Nyko or Amazon. Either one will help you solve the issue. Good Luck.
0Comment| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 20, 2012
(Please rate this review if you find it helpful)

This charging station is amazing! it's very nice that it gives you a visual indication of how charged your controllers are. When controllers have finished charging, it automatically shuts off which is very nice. One thong that really impressed me is that if one controller is finished charging, and one controller stills needs to charge, it only shut off the one that is fully charged! A very smart accessory and a great buy!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on March 14, 2010
I purchased this charge for the 360 after giving the PS3 equivalent to my father in law. I have to say it is great. The batteries fit with out any complications . It turns off when the charge is complete. It holds the controllers so I can find them.
11 comment| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2012
When I first saw the picture of this product, I was very concerned about the weight of the base. If the base wasn't heavy enough, the controllers would be easily knocked off. Turns out, this was not the case. It is actually very sturdy and the controller stays very well.

One thing I didn't find in the product page, probably because I skimmed it, is the fact that it comes with two batteries specifically designed for this base. Which totally makes sense, and now I have three batteries for one controller! Nice! I haven't tested how much life they have, but since it's extremely easy to just place the controller on the base and charge them, I've yet to have a problem with them.

Overall, the quality of this item is very high and so far I'm very pleased with it.
review image
on February 15, 2015
I'm so mad about this product. Got this for my son for Christmas and it worked great for about a month, now it does nothing. Since I ordered it before Christmas I can't return it. Imagine that, it stops working days after the return policy is up. Awesome.
on January 1, 2015
Perhaps I'm being nitpick, or just too lazy, but I do like convenience. This Nyko unit is Not easily compatible with other bottom-connecting accessories (requires you to unplug them first to drop into this bottom/rear edge charger system). Tried it but Exchanged it for the Energizer charging system which DOES work with other bottom/read edge accessories without having to unplug them first.
on April 13, 2016
This broke (batteries stopped charging after 3 weeks). I thought I was just using it a lot but noticed it just stopped working all together. I am really disappointed since I did a lot of research and this was supposed to be a good product. Never again.
on March 28, 2016
Garbage. One of the batteries actually caught on fire and ruined a controller. Nyko offered to replace, no thanks.

Save yourself the headache and get some Panasonic Eneloops from here. They last longer per charge and wont ruin a controller.
on July 19, 2012
The charger and rechargeable batteries seem like a great idea. . . . and with 25 hours of game play? We are very casual gamers, and yet one of the batteries died only after two weeks. Called the company THREE times, and always got a voice mail. Finally got in touch with a company rep (when she called me) and now I have to return the battery at my own cost to get it replaced? That sucks!! I would not recommend based on my experience.

Update on 3/3/13: No neither of the batteries work anymore. A complete waste of money. I'd give it zero stars if I could.
on April 28, 2015
This did not charge the batteries in fact I feel like the batteries of the controllers died faster because I used this. I purchased this for my boyfriend for christmas and I regret it, I would have returned them if it wasn't such a hassle. Do not buy.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.