Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Nyko Charge Base 360 S for Xbox 360
Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on October 24, 2017
I have three of these charge units, the most recent purchase the base unit was defective new out of box and LED's just flash repeatedly. The original two units I would give 5 stars, they charge great and give you a solid 12+ hours of play time on each battery. The new unit needs better quality control. Since I mainly needed the extra battery packs for more controllers I did not return the charge base. That said its very disappointing to have a new in box item that is defective which is why I downgraded to 3 stars. All in All though the product when you get a working one is well worth it and will save a ton of money in AA batteries that you would spend for the standard controller pack. Many of the batteries I have used for 2+ years with no issues. We will see if the new batteries packs hold up quality control wise. The old ones have been great. The kit is well worth it as its less then the cost of two battery packs sold separately.
on November 20, 2015
I want to say 90% or more of these reviews were written almost immediately after purchase.

For the first few months this charge base works great, the light status for "charging" and "ready" are useful and the compact and clutter free design are visually aesthetic and convenient; but the "long run" of this product is not good, more specifically the quality of the rechargeable batteries.

The batteries will work at peak performance for a month or so before you start to notice slight drops in battery life. New, the batteries last several hours, I want to say 7 to 8 hours; now, about 6 months later, the controllers immediately start to flash, which is very annoying during game play, and only last roughly 3 hours or less.

Update: This item has lasted me about 2 years, which is expected for these battery types. I would still rate it 3 stars, and still recommend this item.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on April 4, 2017
Does exactly what we need to recharge our controllers. Have not had any issues and so far, never had a dead battery. Just need to make sure the kids charge each time they are done playing or taking a break. There are lights to indicate the battery level which is nice. Charges pretty fast. We have 2 of these to charge our 4 controllers.

Re-chargeable controllers are WAY better. I thought wired controllers would be better since no charging needed but the wire right where it goes into the controller would get weak after a few weeks of use and make the controller unusable. This happened with 2 controllers and we have not looked back.
on August 7, 2017
I have had a few X360 controllers laying around that hadn't been used very often anymore. But, my son has just come of age to play simple games on the PC. Setting him up with some wireless controllers to play Lego themed games was an excellent addition, and having somewhere specific for him to put the controllers back when he is done is excellent.
The base is nice and simple, and the battery packs seem to hold charge for very long play sessions. I am impressed compared to when I used to have to swap out rechargeable batteries in these things in the past. The only complaint is that one of the units isn't exactly snug, so if you are a little rough with the controller, it will disconnect the battery pack. Nothing that can't bumped back into place.
I do wish they came in white though...
on March 31, 2017
This is a great set-up. I bought this for my bedroom because we use our xbox 360 to stream netflix and hulu and/or Amazon prime tv/movies through and the controllers are always dying constantly. It eventually made us stop playing our actual games because we never had batteries. I finally sucked it up and bought this stand. Super easy to setup and use, works perfectly as intended. Does come with the two battery packs that you plug into the controllers you already have. Highly recommended.
on December 3, 2015
Have had this product for a while now, and from the beginning, it has only charged one controller at a time - the rear slot. Sadly disappointed in the functionality of this product. I don't know if I just received a "bad apple" or if this is typical of these charger bases. Charges the one controller fine, and if I sit and hold the controller in the first slot, it will charge, but the whole purpose of this is to place 'em on and walk away, right?
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on July 31, 2017
While this item does work, it is a pain to get the controllers in the proper position to allow them to charge. I wanted to tuck this charger away on a small shelf where it wouldn't be quite so noticeable in my front room, but because the controllers have to sit in it absolutely perfectly the whole charging system has to be removed from the shelf in order to get everything situated properly. It's a tiny complaint, but it does make this charger become more of a pain than removing a battery and putting on a charger.
on November 12, 2017
Batteries do not charge if controllers are just placed normally in the station. The controllers must be placed in a certain position on the base for the contacts to fully work, so the controllers inevitably end up shifting out of that position once left for a while on the station.

Also fully charged batteries on both controllers lasted approximately 30 minutes of play time, not the 25 hours that was advertised.

The only use I can see from this product is if you use the Xbox controller for apps like Netflix and not actual game play.
on February 26, 2016
Nyko Charge Base 360 S for Xbox 360

I really love this product because it is so easy to just sit my controllers into the base and charge them. What I dislike about them is the fact that you have to use their rechargeable batteries which have the pins on the back of the batteries. There are lights on the front that tell you if the battery is charging or not. Once the batteries are done charging the lights turn off and the batteries stop charging so that they don't over charge. The good thing about this is the fact that the batteries do come with the charging base.

Would I recommend this to a friend? YES
on March 21, 2017
I like using the product, however, I'm experiencing issues with the 2nd charging port. Less than 30% of the time I'm unable to get a controller to charge successfully on that port. I attempted to contact your customer service department via email and never got a response back. I'd be more than happy to change my review if someone contacted me back regarding the product for an issue of resolution.