Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

Nyko Charge Base 360 S for Xbox 360
Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on June 4, 2017
There seems to be 2 types of Nyko charge bases out there. This is the better one. This one will not show an indicator light on the outside, but when you put the batteries on it the indicators come on. The other one only has a green/red/off light system and is an older product. The batteries are universal and will work with the newer charge base too. This one is better because the indicator lights have 3 stages to tell you the level of charge in the batteries but it seems to always start off at the lowest charge level. This one also has a USB port on the front for charging something else. The batteries seem to hold a long enough charge for most people. But just be aware that you will have to take and put the controllers on and off the dock, so you can't play while charging like with the Microsoft Kit. I do believe these batteries would charge with the microsoft play N charge cable as well, but I haven't tried it yet. You could plug the cable onto the front of the unit in the USB port and keep playing that way. If Nyko included a charging cable for the controllers with this item it would be perfect for heavy use, aka for those that play all day, most people don't but there are a fraction of people that do. I think Nyko makes a better product than Microsoft though, these batteries don't seem to error out like Microsoft'ts do. Everyone knows how much the Xbox 360 controllers suck up batteries,and this solves that problem nicely.
on September 18, 2017
This has been a great investment for our family. We were going through AA batteries really fast and this charging base has saved us a lot of money and time switching out old batteries for new ones. The charges last really long and the appearance of the controls on the base looks very organized and pleasing to the eye.

An added bonus is that it keeps our 9 and 6 yr olds who play Xbox organized because they know where to put their controllers when they are done playing because if they don't put them there.......ooops, no power to your controller so you can't play Xbox the next time you want to :).

Highly recommend.
on August 7, 2017
I have had a few X360 controllers laying around that hadn't been used very often anymore. But, my son has just come of age to play simple games on the PC. Setting him up with some wireless controllers to play Lego themed games was an excellent addition, and having somewhere specific for him to put the controllers back when he is done is excellent.
The base is nice and simple, and the battery packs seem to hold charge for very long play sessions. I am impressed compared to when I used to have to swap out rechargeable batteries in these things in the past. The only complaint is that one of the units isn't exactly snug, so if you are a little rough with the controller, it will disconnect the battery pack. Nothing that can't bumped back into place.
I do wish they came in white though...
on November 20, 2015
I want to say 90% or more of these reviews were written almost immediately after purchase.

For the first few months this charge base works great, the light status for "charging" and "ready" are useful and the compact and clutter free design are visually aesthetic and convenient; but the "long run" of this product is not good, more specifically the quality of the rechargeable batteries.

The batteries will work at peak performance for a month or so before you start to notice slight drops in battery life. New, the batteries last several hours, I want to say 7 to 8 hours; now, about 6 months later, the controllers immediately start to flash, which is very annoying during game play, and only last roughly 3 hours or less.

Update: This item has lasted me about 2 years, which is expected for these battery types. I would still rate it 3 stars, and still recommend this item.
22 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 3, 2015
When we first got our Xbox I didn't think we would needed a charge base, as the controllers had the standard AA batteries compartment. Plus if I really wanted to recharge, rather than keep buying AA batteries, I thought that I could always go for the rechargeable AAs batteries instead. How wrong was I!!

Not only did we seem to go through the AAs quickly, the time it took to charge them separately was taking way too long. Also it was a bit of a pain, as you had to remember to take them out of the controller - which most of the time was forgotten until they completely died and then the gaming had to stop for 4 hours to wait for a recharge.

Well those days are gone. The Nyko charge base is super easy - just plug the base in, put the supplied block style battery into the controller and place the controller onto the base. It has an auto shutoff, which means they don't over charge. Plus the controllers now have a permanent home. Double plus - we can find the controllers! Yeah!

Just one thing you have to remember - it does take a few moments to register that a controller is placed on the base. So the first time I put them on I thought it didn't work. I just had to be patient as it did take about 10 sec or so for the indicator to light up.
on February 23, 2017
Charger looks great. I like the added (hidden) USB charge feature in the front even though I never tried to use it. I like that the controllers sit in the cradle and are held down with gravity.

Unfortunately I don't think the batteries made proper connections to the charging pins underneath. Every time I tried to use this charger it was a fight or wiggling and moving to get the lights on the front to register it charging. At one point I just assumed that no lights might mean that it was full but this was not the case with obviously drained batteries.

I decided to ignore the lights and just put the controllers on overnight. After a few tests like this I found the batteries never really charged well. I would receive a low battery warning on the controllers after 5-30mins of playing after taking them off the charger.

I returned this unit and decided to go with something else for rechargeable batteries for my controllers.

If you do decide to give this one a try I would recommend looking for the charge lights operating properly and note the play time (before low battery warning) you get after pulling them off the charger.
on June 9, 2017
The return window closed on this replacement and I still can't get it to work properly. The controllers don't fit properly in the base so I have to take out the batteries and put them on the base separately. I have to move them around to get the lights to work and when they go on, they say the they're charging, but then the lights go off so you're not sure if it's still working. I've left the batteries on there for hours hoping the battery is fully charged when it's not. Very frustrating product.
on December 19, 2016
Awesome charger, It's never let me down. It took me a while to find a hidden USB charger in front (sneaky little door/cover) that I use for charging my XboxOne controller. The charging indicator is fairly accurate, except at first few minutes. All in all, I would definitely buy this again... but after 3 years of use, I don't think i'll have to.
on March 10, 2016
This set is really neat, and works exactly as expected.

I purchased this because I was still using my old 360 controllers with AA battery packs. The package included two rechargeable batteries that change right out for the AA battery pack (batteries are both black - keep in mind for white controllers).

The charging base plugs directly into the wall and has a little trap-door on the front where you can plug a usb into it. I've currently got my PS3 usb charger stand plugged into this baby.

The batteries are so easy to charge!!! There are contacts on the back of each battery pack, and the controller just sits down into each cradle and begins to charge. There is a little display on the front that gives you different colored status lights as the controllers charge. This is way easier than my PS3 controller cradle.

I haven't played with these controllers extensively, so I can't really speak to the battery life, but it seems to be very good so far. Batteries don't seem to get too hot, either.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on February 2, 2018
I've been using this for close to a year and it works. It's nice to have the two batteries when one loses its' charge in the middle of a game, the second can be quickly switched out. One disadvantage is that the light battery weight does not allow the battery to make reliable contact with the charger - I lay one of my original NiCad battery packs on top of the battery being charged to insure its' continued contact.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse