Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,547 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,729 reviews
on June 4, 2017
There seems to be 2 types of Nyko charge bases out there. This is the better one. This one will not show an indicator light on the outside, but when you put the batteries on it the indicators come on. The other one only has a green/red/off light system and is an older product. The batteries are universal and will work with the newer charge base too. This one is better because the indicator lights have 3 stages to tell you the level of charge in the batteries but it seems to always start off at the lowest charge level. This one also has a USB port on the front for charging something else. The batteries seem to hold a long enough charge for most people. But just be aware that you will have to take and put the controllers on and off the dock, so you can't play while charging like with the Microsoft Kit. I do believe these batteries would charge with the microsoft play N charge cable as well, but I haven't tried it yet. You could plug the cable onto the front of the unit in the USB port and keep playing that way. If Nyko included a charging cable for the controllers with this item it would be perfect for heavy use, aka for those that play all day, most people don't but there are a fraction of people that do. I think Nyko makes a better product than Microsoft though, these batteries don't seem to error out like Microsoft'ts do. Everyone knows how much the Xbox 360 controllers suck up batteries,and this solves that problem nicely.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 29, 2015
Works great..a very quick set up... charges very quickly. A light tells you when charging is complete. You can charge two controllers or just one. Charging time is pretty fast with a full charge.

I bought this for my 8 year old grandson who has a birthday in early Dec, he got a new wireless controller and this charger. . He is pretty good at taking care of his equipment and he uses the charger often. He brings the charger back and forth from my home, to his dads home, to his moms home. The charger is rugged enough to stand up to being moved from household to household. .

What is especially nice is that it will stop charging when the charge is complete, whether you have one controller or two being charged. Each charging port works independently of the other and it is super easy to use.

He has had it for about a month now and has no complaints or issues with it .

Since there are hundreds of reviews on this charger and almost every aspect of the charger has been discussed many times, .. I would think that the only thing you really want to know for sure is.. does it work well.. and the answer is simple... yes!
on May 8, 2012
Nyko keeps showing us that even though they make great products, there's always room for improvement.

I have two of these. The first version, which I bought long ago, has the two big lights you see on some of the pictures. Those lights turn red while charging and green once fully charged; and eventually go off if you leave the controllers in it, which is basically what this unit does, it provides a charging and organizing solution for controllers.

Now, the unit presently being sold at amazon is the newest version of the product I just described above, with some changes and a great addition. The unit now has a USB port on the front. You can use it to charge the 360 wireless headset and/or any USB base electronic (PS3 controller, cellphone, etc). The charger remains plugged to your AC outlet, but it does not drain energy, unless you are charging controllers or USB devices.

The charging indicator has been change, it no longer has the two LED lights, it now has two controller graphics on it, each marked as 1 & 2, to indicate wich controller is being charged, one front, two rear. They each have a small light that again, turns from red to green to off.

You get the following: the charger, two rechargeable batteries and instructions. Basic, yet extremely useful. This charger is great for any level gamer, the fact that you can drop & forget, is a great feature. No power buttons to worry about. Nothing.

Get this charger, you will get your money's worth in no time. The addition of the USB port was a pleasant surprise. I didn't know it had it until I got my charger. Nyko makes such good products that I didn't even bother reading the description before I bought it.

One more thing, Nyko has a great customer support team, I have dealt with them numerous times, not because of faulty products, but for my own needs (extra batteries, PS3 connectors, etc) and they were always helpful and resolved my issues quickly and with little effort on my part, so in the rare case that you should need technical assitance, I'm sure they will help you in a heartbeat.

I am a Nyko fan/supporter and will remain so as long as they stay in business. I have two 360 chargers, the PS3 move and controller charger and they Wii charging stations, all of them have done a great job without any problems.

There will always be negative reviews, but I can honestly tell you, I haven't had any problems so far. Some people have to understand, sometimes faulty products go through quality inspections, and that applies to anything you buy nowadays, but in this case, if you receive a faulty Nyko product, do your part, call Nyko or Amazon. Either one will help you solve the issue. Good Luck.
0Comment| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2017
This is a great set-up. I bought this for my bedroom because we use our xbox 360 to stream netflix and hulu and/or Amazon prime tv/movies through and the controllers are always dying constantly. It eventually made us stop playing our actual games because we never had batteries. I finally sucked it up and bought this stand. Super easy to setup and use, works perfectly as intended. Does come with the two battery packs that you plug into the controllers you already have. Highly recommended.
on March 10, 2016
This set is really neat, and works exactly as expected.

I purchased this because I was still using my old 360 controllers with AA battery packs. The package included two rechargeable batteries that change right out for the AA battery pack (batteries are both black - keep in mind for white controllers).

The charging base plugs directly into the wall and has a little trap-door on the front where you can plug a usb into it. I've currently got my PS3 usb charger stand plugged into this baby.

The batteries are so easy to charge!!! There are contacts on the back of each battery pack, and the controller just sits down into each cradle and begins to charge. There is a little display on the front that gives you different colored status lights as the controllers charge. This is way easier than my PS3 controller cradle.

I haven't played with these controllers extensively, so I can't really speak to the battery life, but it seems to be very good so far. Batteries don't seem to get too hot, either.
review image review image review image review image review image
For the most part I haven't had many problems with Nyko products especially their charging stations for controllers and this one is no exception. Like with the XBO and PS4 charging station you have two rechargeable batteries and the charging stations and power adapter plug. The charging light led shows the percentage of where the battery is charging from red to low battery to light brown for middle charging and green for fully charged.Like with the mentioned chargers there's no problem leaving your controllers on the charging port stations as after the batteries are fully charged it automatically shuts off for safety as to not overcharge the battery and burn it out. You do sometimes have to do a little wriggling with the controllers to make sure they're fully secured into the charging slots but it's not that much of a hassle and for the price pretty easy to let go.

So if you're an Xbox 360 owner looking for a decent charging station for your controllers this one is a great choice to take a look at.
on February 23, 2017
Charger looks great. I like the added (hidden) USB charge feature in the front even though I never tried to use it. I like that the controllers sit in the cradle and are held down with gravity.

Unfortunately I don't think the batteries made proper connections to the charging pins underneath. Every time I tried to use this charger it was a fight or wiggling and moving to get the lights on the front to register it charging. At one point I just assumed that no lights might mean that it was full but this was not the case with obviously drained batteries.

I decided to ignore the lights and just put the controllers on overnight. After a few tests like this I found the batteries never really charged well. I would receive a low battery warning on the controllers after 5-30mins of playing after taking them off the charger.

I returned this unit and decided to go with something else for rechargeable batteries for my controllers.

If you do decide to give this one a try I would recommend looking for the charge lights operating properly and note the play time (before low battery warning) you get after pulling them off the charger.
on December 3, 2015
Have had this product for a while now, and from the beginning, it has only charged one controller at a time - the rear slot. Sadly disappointed in the functionality of this product. I don't know if I just received a "bad apple" or if this is typical of these charger bases. Charges the one controller fine, and if I sit and hold the controller in the first slot, it will charge, but the whole purpose of this is to place 'em on and walk away, right?
on March 28, 2016
Garbage. One of the batteries actually caught on fire and ruined a controller. Nyko offered to replace, no thanks.

Save yourself the headache and get some Panasonic Eneloops from here. They last longer per charge and wont ruin a controller.
on April 4, 2017
Does exactly what we need to recharge our controllers. Have not had any issues and so far, never had a dead battery. Just need to make sure the kids charge each time they are done playing or taking a break. There are lights to indicate the battery level which is nice. Charges pretty fast. We have 2 of these to charge our 4 controllers.

Re-chargeable controllers are WAY better. I thought wired controllers would be better since no charging needed but the wire right where it goes into the controller would get weak after a few weeks of use and make the controller unusable. This happened with 2 controllers and we have not looked back.