Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on December 27, 2015
This is a great charger. It charges fast and I can play all day without doing it again until I go sleep. It great how easy is to put it in the charger. It just works.
100% recommended!

Edit:Now I don't know what is my baterry status when is charging or when I'm playing. The lights while charging stopped working, so I can't see if is full charged or not and can't check the status of the baterry in the xbox because it always says is fully charged even when I have been playing for 5 hours. I know it is charging because I can play the whole day without the need to recharge but I just to possible to see when a charge is needed. Changed to 4 starts just for this little problem.

Edit 2: Not working like before. Can't even play 20 minutes before control stop working because it needs to be charged.

Edit 3: Can't charge two controls at the same time and I don't know which one is charging.
review image
on October 25, 2014
1.) Charge two xbox controllers by just sitting there and looking pretty - check.

2.) Easily place and remove the controllers without drawing suspicion that the product designer was trying to annoy me - check.

3.) Won't empty the wallet. - check

That's all I needed. But in addition to that, the charger looks very slick and form fitting sitting on top of the non-vented side of the Xbone. The indicator lights are angled upwards and don't emit bright light. So, I very much doubt you'll be annoyed if you are considering this for a bedroom.

Protip: This charger works well with a "smart power strip" which ensures the charger is only drawing power while you're watching TV. Another plus for the bedroom set-up - because night time.
review image
0Comment| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 23, 2017
I have had 4 Xbox controller chargers now from Nyko. 2 that I originally bought for my Xbox 360 and they were phenomenal so when I bought my boys their own Xbox one's I bought them both a new Nyko charger. Why would I not go with Nyko? They worked flawlessly on the 360. How wrong I was about the Nyko chargers for the Xbox 1. They have been absolute GARBAGE! First and foremost you can't just sent the controller on the charger and forget about it like on the system with the 360. You have to stand there and fiddle with them to make sure the controller is making proper contact so it will charge. It has been like this since day 1. Even then they don't fully charge properly. Next the lights on the front that indicate the charge level just sit there and blink wildly. Occasionally they will show you the red, yellow, green charge level indicator. Or they don't display any lights at all. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE AND AGRIVATION AND BUY ANOTHER BRAND!
on November 30, 2017
I've been using this charge for nearly six months. It's beyond terrible. Below I've listed my two major complaints.

(1) The controllers do not properly fit into the charger; sometimes causing the controller not to charge properly. This is an ongoing problem that for which I've found no go fix.

(2) When the product originally arrived, the battery packs did not properly make contacted with the charging station, even when the controllers where held in the charge properly. As a result the controllers did not charge at all. I was able to fix this problem by adjusting the part of the charge that is supposed to make contact with the battery packs. Occasionally this is still a problem in conjunction with complaint (1).

Very disappointing Nyko product.
on January 28, 2017
STAY AWAY this is garbage. I own the Nyko Xbox 360 charge station which works perfectly, this one does not. The indicator lights never worked from day one. The controllers take minutes to seat correctly only for you to walk away and come back in a little while to find them blinking and not charging. When I ultimately looked closer I found that the metal connectors on the batteries are shoddy construction and the metal connectors on the base are also completely flimsy. When trying to adjust for the poor construction they also break very easily.

I am going to try using an Android charge cable with the battery packs that come with the unit to see if that works. If not I'll be throwing it all out.
on August 4, 2016
I love this charger for my wireless Xbox One controllers because of the convenience it offers. I love that we can simply grab a controller and play knowing they are charged and no more hassle of changing low batteries. There is nothing to constantly remove and/or replace, simply set and remove the entire controller on the dock! The dock will hold two chargers at a time and came with the needed rechargeable batteries and a cover to put on the back of your controllers. There is a display of each controller that shows you when they are charging. All you need is an outlet to plug this in, it doesn't have to be connect to your TV or Xbox system in any way - could be set up in another room, if needed. I also like that it doesn't take up much room and lays pretty flat. I was able to slide this under a smaller shelf on our TV stand.
review imagereview image
on November 3, 2016
These NYKO chargers and batteries are simply awesome. Don't understand any negative reviews as I have bought 4 sets of these (1st set was for the xbox 360). The base acts as a organized place to set/charge them. Best of all the batteries hardly need charging, last really long time. Never need to remove or replace batteries, just place and it charges. The charging indicators are great, make sure you watch that light up first to know the connection is good. I guess if there is one improvement that can be made it's the connection while charging. Sometimes you have to 'wiggle' the controller to make sure it connects correctly. If that's the big fuss why this thing gets one star reviews then get some new standards. This works amazingly well and well worth the money.
on July 21, 2015
I had high hopes for this product. We still love the Nyko charge base for xbox 360, but this one is awful in so many ways.
First, the controllers don't make steady contact with the charging connections--they sit in the cradled seat well, but are very finicky about beginning to charge, and almost always putting in a second charger will disrupt the first one.
Second, the controllers don't both fit on easily--and all for the want of about 1 centimeter of plastic separating them comfortably.
Third, the charge of the batteries died down quickly, so much so that it wouldn't even get enough charge to power my headsets within 3-4 months of opening the package. It took me over 2 months to find out that my chat headsets were only working intermittently, and then not at all, because this charger couldn't even provide sufficient charge. Even when the unit said the controllers were fully charged.
To sum up: it is a fiddly unit that doesn't easily sit both controllers at once, doesn't make good, easy contact for charging, and the battery life degrades quickly.
I ordered the Microsoft plug-and play, and am looking forward to one Lithium Ion battery that is going to cost me slightly more than the 2 NiMH included in this package.
Very disappointed in Nyko, as we have purchased their knockoff Wii and Nunchuk controllers in the past, as well as the Xbox 360 charge base. All worked very well--the 360 charge base is still working great after more than 2 years. Last note: Nyko customer service was horrible: my only choice was to leave a voice message, and they never returned my multiple voice messages.
on August 15, 2015
I don't know what people are talking about but these fit nicely on the base. The battery doesn't last as long as I'd like but if you just store it on the base you don't ever have to worry. There's not much else to say other than it does as advertised and it still works. I think this was a good buy. This is one of those products where you don't need to buy the expensive product to get a good one.

Update: I stopped using this for 6 months because the batteries weren't lasting as long as I wanted. Then when I tried using it again it wouldn't register the controller. It's not bad for the price but I would go with a different charger . I lowered the stars from 4 to 2

Saves you money from not buying disposable batteries

Short battery life

Stopped working after 6 months inactivity

Takes time to double check you put the controller in the right spot. Nothing is more annoying than leaving it for hours and finding it dead because it was slightly off base.
on June 23, 2015
The Nyoke Charge Base is a fantastic solution to the "double A battery" option Microsoft gives you by default, although this product isn't without drawbacks. Seating the controller seems to have gotten easier with time, but still seems a tad finicky.

The charge indicators - and the amount of charge - seem all over the place. I've placed a topped-off (sitting on the cradle over night) controller on the base after playing for an hour and the indicator light showed red suggesting a nearly dead battery. The next day, a 2-3 hour gaming session resulted in a yellow indicator light. The capacity in hours of playtime is very unclear, but I suppose one can't complain until it stops working.

Overall an inexpensive solution... provided it doesn't die, and take one of my $60 controllers with it.

Very inexpensive
Fairly compact design
Base and two batteries

*Feels* inexpensive
Battery indicator lights and battery capacity are a total mystery