Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 23, 2015
The Nyoke Charge Base is a fantastic solution to the "double A battery" option Microsoft gives you by default, although this product isn't without drawbacks. Seating the controller seems to have gotten easier with time, but still seems a tad finicky.

The charge indicators - and the amount of charge - seem all over the place. I've placed a topped-off (sitting on the cradle over night) controller on the base after playing for an hour and the indicator light showed red suggesting a nearly dead battery. The next day, a 2-3 hour gaming session resulted in a yellow indicator light. The capacity in hours of playtime is very unclear, but I suppose one can't complain until it stops working.

Overall an inexpensive solution... provided it doesn't die, and take one of my $60 controllers with it.

Pros:
Very inexpensive
Fairly compact design
Base and two batteries

Cons:
*Feels* inexpensive
Battery indicator lights and battery capacity are a total mystery
on October 25, 2014
1.) Charge two xbox controllers by just sitting there and looking pretty - check.

2.) Easily place and remove the controllers without drawing suspicion that the product designer was trying to annoy me - check.

3.) Won't empty the wallet. - check

That's all I needed. But in addition to that, the charger looks very slick and form fitting sitting on top of the non-vented side of the Xbone. The indicator lights are angled upwards and don't emit bright light. So, I very much doubt you'll be annoyed if you are considering this for a bedroom.

Protip: This charger works well with a "smart power strip" which ensures the charger is only drawing power while you're watching TV. Another plus for the bedroom set-up - because night time.
review image
0Comment| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2017
AWESOME! Had my xbox for 2 weeks and the thing was eating up a set of AA batteries every other day! Bought a cheaper set of rechargable batteries only to find they were so poorly made only one of the two would charge, and you had to remove the batteries from the controller to charge them. FAIL. Before getting this xbox I had a 360 for 10 years, and had a Nyko charger for those controllers. The charger and batteries were still working GREAT when I traded off the 360 for the One. And the Nyko rechargables last WAY LONGER in the xbox One controllers than the off brand did.
review image
on October 30, 2016
This is pretty good set for those who put in plenty of hours of action per week on their Xbox One and their controllers. With this set you get 2 rechargeable battery packs that you plug into the battery compartment of up to 2 individual controllers. Once those batteries get used up you plug the controller itself into the included charger that can simultaneously charge 2 controllers. It works fairly well and you can charge up a fully depleted battery in 2-3 hours. The only nitpick I have is that you have to place the controller into the charge 'just so' otherwise it won't charge up at all. Placement can be finicky so be sure to pay attention and make sure the red light indicating that the unit is charging lights up.
on December 28, 2016
Very stylish and cool concept, but the port to make it charge is a bit finicky and sometimes doesn't charger, but this is rare. Also the LED's on the front really don't do what they are advertised to do. It only shows how charged it is for 10 seconds after I put a controller on. It is still a very good product, as the energizer version has lights that are too bright.
on August 14, 2015
My last Xbox controller charger I bought was an Energizer for my Xbox 360 and I never had a problem with it. This one however had a few kinks that needed to be worked out. The main problem being that even though the controller will stop charging when the device believed they are fully charged is wrong. When you turn on the Xbox they are slightly consumed according to the Xbox battery reader. Now this is no big deal since I'm not usually playing games for 8 hours straight and don't need that extra two hours to continue gaming. However, I could see this being a concern to many other people.

Secondly I could installing the battery packs quite easy even though others found it difficult. The arros pointed me in the right direction and the + - was correct as well. They charge at a fast rate as well. All in all I would recommend this product to someone who doesn't want to pay a lot of money to charge their controllers, but if you have a few extra bucks I would recommend the Energizer, you will be much happier and can use rechargeable batteries instead.
on July 13, 2017
You would expect from the products they made for the 360 to know what they are doing, but the regularity of bad contacts and charge errors prove otherwise. The batteries are holding up well, charge and play times are what I would expect. The major design flaw seems to be in the battery cover, or maybe the size of the contact points. If the controllers are casually placed on the cradle, 4 out of 5 times they will not contact properly and will fail to charge, you have to wait for the confirmation light.
on January 25, 2017
This fits great in my cabinet, next to my XB1 & saves me $$$/time on battery replacement. The flaws are that sometimes the XB1 controller will not charge while in the base. The reason is the gold contacts on the XB1 charger base do not register. I end up using a pocket knife & pulling the gold contacts out a little bit. But after a few uses, you have to do it again. Also the 2nd time I ordered this, the rechargeable battery would flash & would not recharge anymore. I also own the Nyko charger base for 360 & love it; a much better design. If you are considering purchasing this, I would recommending buying this new versus used or AWD.
I ordered this 3x from Amazon Warehouse Deals -
1st order - they send only the base without the batteries or covers
2nd order - they send it complete, but the 2nd battery will not recharge anymore
3rd order - they send an Xbox 360 controller charging station
4th order - waiting for delivery (bought New from Amazon)
on April 17, 2017
Update: after a few months it won't even charge anymore. Wish I had kept the energizer brand.

Bought to replace my energizer one & this one keeps the controllers going for at least a week before needing to be charged again.
on March 25, 2016
I bought this because the Xbox 360 version has served us very well for many years. For the most part, this is the same charger, with a slightly different look. But, it's still sleek and non-obtrusive in a nice living room. My only gripe about it is that the controllers don't settle on it as easily as the 360 ones did, and easily come to rest just to the side of where they should be, resulting in no charging. This is because the battery compartment on a 360 controller juts out from the back of the controller, so the 360 charging station had nicely-formed depressions that the battery settles in, even with just casually dropping the controller onto the charging station.
The Xbox One charger doesn't have those nice depressions to catch the controller and hold it in place, because the battery compartment on a One controller is flush with the back of the controller. The only thing the charger's electrical contacts catch on is the small hole in the battery cover that exposes the battery's contacts, so your placement of the controller has to be a little more determined and precise. Having said that, it only takes a couple times of realizing your controller's not charged for you to learn how to do it properly, and make sure the controller is settled on the contacts before you walk away.
Overall, I'm satisfied with the purchase, especially when I think about how many AA batteries I've avoided buying. Would buy it again, as I prefer its look to those of other brands.